Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Live near Chicago. Love Colorado and New Mexico.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mars Red and Burnt Orange?

First world problem....I know!

I gave my A45/Coyote to my brother and sister-in-law. I now have an A30 in Burnt Orange (coyote pulls) and L15 in Nebulous Grey (Iberian pulls). I figure for shorter jaunts I can use the A30 and the L15 (and they actually look good together!). Now I am wondering....maybe I shouldn't have parted so quickly with the A45! Be that as it may, thinking that maybe this is an invitation to shake it up a bit (a bit!). I am thinking the A45 in Mars Red with grey pulls. I like coyote, and I think they all work together (burnt orange, grey, coyote, and red)....but maybe have Mars Red and Burnt Orange in my Aeronauts? Suggestions?! Please!

I am also open to other bags/combos - just didn't get along well with the Synapse 25.

Thanks!

Rich
    Last edited by richosa; 02-01-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the A30 in orange and recently acquired the Icon in red. My theory on bags (and clothing) is the more obnoxious and glaringly obvious the color, the happier I am. I wish TB had some neon colors.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I admire your philosophy!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just really like Mars Red, so I would go with Mars Red :-D I like your thinking with the red/orange color scheme. Having bags in the same color "family" makes me happy. Plus, those noticeable colors will be more recognizable, especially against the zillions of black cases if you ever have to check a bag.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks....I even have a note to Kat since I trust her insight too.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I'll ever develop a liking for Mars Red, but after getting a Pickup Truck in Burnt Orange 525 Ballistic, I must say that color has really grown on me.

I'm already thinking of expanding my Burnt Orange collection, possibly with a Monster Truck and Maker's Bag.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks....I am considering waiting for either the Wilderness or Ursa....could easily just do a Burnt Orange, that’s true!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogiesan View Post
    I have the A30 in orange and recently acquired the Icon in red. My theory on bags (and clothing) is the more obnoxious and glaringly obvious the color, the happier I am. I wish TB had some neon colors.
    I'm not into neon, but I'm definitely for different colors that stand out as "my bag."

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I'm not into neon, but I'm definitely for different colors that stand out as "my bag."
    A carryover from bicycling. The usual color for cyclists is neon green or yellow so I naturally went after fluorescent orange for jerseys, sox, and jackets. Trying to find blaze orange apparel na accessories led me into other types of suppliers catering to the hunting gym industries.

When cycling with a group, I'm the guy in orange. When I'm looking for my stuff in a pile of the group's junk in camp, my bright orange (or Mars Red) accessories are easily spotted.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm....thanks for your contribution!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Received a Mars Red A45 on Monday...wow! But then started stressing over its redness. Called Kat (I love her!), and we chatted a bit more about Ursa and Wilderness....she was kind enough to send me swatches of both to check against my Burnt Orange A30 and my Nebulous Grey L15. I really liked the Ursa with the mix, the Wilderness is beautiful, but not cutting it with this particular configuration. Called in some trusted friends who said they liked the autumnal look of the red and orange. They also said that that color combo was more me (not exactly sure what that means!). And so, happily now have added the Mars Red A45 to my collection. Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas!
    Rich