Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Germany
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switching bag colors?

As you know Iíve recently bought a mini YD in Coyote and really enjoy using it for my weekend trips. But, Iím not in love with the color, itís just too mustardy for my taste. I donít dislike it, but I like it a lot less than the Steel of my RB36. Buying a new mini Yeoman and selling the Coyote bag would mean a bit of a loss, so Iím trying to stick with the Coyote. But I just canít quite warm up to it.

I plan to order a MCB in Ursa and could add the mini YD to that order, I need to pay for shipping in any case. Iím just not sure if I should. Any advice?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that if I'm not happy with a color, I'm never happy with that color. If you are already paying for shipping, I would order the Yeoman Duffel that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    As you know I’ve recently bought a mini YD in Coyote and really enjoy using it for my weekend trips. But, I’m not in love with the color, it’s just too mustardy for my taste. I don’t dislike it, but I like it a lot less than the Steel of my RB36. Buying a new mini Yeoman and selling the Coyote bag would mean a bit of a loss, so I’m trying to stick with the Coyote. But I just can’t quite warm up to it.

I plan to order a MCB in Ursa and could add the mini YD to that order, I need to pay for shipping in any case. I’m just not sure if I should. Any advice?
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to second the replace your mini yeoman with a new color. If you like Steel, then maybe get one in Steel or try another color that is more suited to your color sensibilities. I have one in Aubergine and I love the size and color.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I've learned that the colors I love make me smile every time I use the bag. It brightens my day in a small, barely noticeable way. The colors I don't like or that aren't quite right, like Mars Red, are tiny annoyances each time I see or use the item. The slightly off color makes me hesitate to use an item, where the colors I love make me anticipate the joy of using them!

The colors I don't love sometimes grow on me. However, I am much happier following that initial instinct. If you find Coyote to be too mustardy, then replace the bag.

Remember that colors and bags are not always available in the combination we want. Get the one you want while you can. I've missed out by waiting before.

What ever you decide, good luck! elisa

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote for replacing it with a color you like. That's what I've done with all my purchases. I know it's not the most rational and cost-effective decision, especially given how much international shipping costs, but I think it's worth paying for something you really love.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might lose a few bucks but it wonít be huge. Iíd rather the colour you like.

Iím in the exact same position. I got the medium YD in black because thatís all that was available and I thought it would be discontinued now anyway. But now I see itís been restocked in my favourite colour coyote! So now Iíve obviously going to have to buy that to match my other entire coyote collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Order the color you like, you will be happier and will use the bag a lot more.

There are surely other European Bihnthusiasts who can't wait to get their hands on a Coyote item, furthermore, a Mini Yeoman is such a versatile bag that the enthusiast might be a family member or friend.

Edited to say that a Mini Yeoman can become a gift and a gift wrap for babies'/children clothes, art supplies, educational toys like legos, pet supplies and toys or; can be used as a "basket"/container for items (for example a deluxe latte kit, a crossword puzzle enthusiast kit...) donated to a non-profit silent auction.
    Last edited by backpack; 02-06-2020 at 04:33 AM.

Germany
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the enabling, everyone. Smilie Iím going to add the Steel YD to my next order then. I think youíre right, in the long run I will be glad that I did it. And Iím sure thereís a good home out there for my Coyote bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another added comment (since everyone has already weighed in about getting the color you want -- and I have the Mini Yeoman Duffel in Steel, so I'm not going to disagree with your preference): it may be the case that someone who is ordering one of the new GE Syniks or Synapses (with Coyote trim), will be motivated to pick up a coordinating color in Coyote. At this point, there is exactly 1 Mini YD in Coyote still in stock -- but plenty of Mini YD entries in Steel. So, you might, as @backpack noted, be able to do a swap with someone in Europe (or specifically, in Germany), who wants this color combination. And Steel goes very well with your other color preferences, such as Aubergine (you can take a look at some of the pictures in my post in The New Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes threads).

HTH,

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aloha, All,
    I am trying to break out of my ALL BLACK style by adding... wait for it... GREY Roll Eyes (Sarcastic). I notice my black ballistic S25 gets white marks on it that I can't seem to get rid of. Not a huge deal, but was wondering if the CLOUD color gets dark marks the same way. Any advice?
    Shopping for an L15. Wish it came in Black Halcyon. Wouldn't have to debate.
    I hated the Original Halcyon when I got it, but it has my favorite UV interior. I pulled it out for pandemic use to/from hospital (figured I would risk my lesser fave S25 to the rigors of frequent disinfection). I love it now. Because of the bag functionality and because I love the fabric itself more and more every time I use it.
    I wish there was more Black Halcyon/UV Halcyon combos for backpacks!

Germany
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea, I donít have anything in Cloud (only Cloud lining). You might get more responses if you open a new thread for your question though. Smilie I agree that Halcyon doesnít seem to scuff as easily, but I think I remember that the L15 was test produced in Halcyon and they didnít like it? So it seems you have to settle for ballistic if you want one. I love Original Halcyon btw. Iím quiet sad itís going to retire soon.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I have no idea, I donít have anything in Cloud (only Cloud lining). You might get more responses if you open a new thread for your question though. Smilie I agree that Halcyon doesnít seem to scuff as easily, but I think I remember that the L15 was test produced in Halcyon and they didnít like it? So it seems you have to settle for ballistic if you want one. I love Original Halcyon btw. Iím quiet sad itís going to retire soon.
    haha thanks for the advice. i have never been on a forum before! i have no idea what iím doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blisscosity View Post
    Aloha, All,
    I am trying to break out of my ALL BLACK style by adding... wait for it... GREY Roll Eyes (Sarcastic). I notice my black ballistic S25 gets white marks on it that I can't seem to get rid of. Not a huge deal, but was wondering if the CLOUD color gets dark marks the same way. Any advice?
    Shopping for an L15. Wish it came in Black Halcyon. Wouldn't have to debate.
    I hated the Original Halcyon when I got it, but it has my favorite UV interior. I pulled it out for pandemic use to/from hospital (figured I would risk my lesser fave S25 to the rigors of frequent disinfection). I love it now. Because of the bag functionality and because I love the fabric itself more and more every time I use it.
    I wish there was more Black Halcyon/UV Halcyon combos for backpacks!
    Cloud is a great color! My Daylight Briefcase is cloud and never seems to pickup any scuffs or marks. It's also less white and more grey in person the pictures on the website make it look.
    Hope that helps!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

California
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like Cloud. It's not as white as it looks in product photos. Here's picture of my Cloud/UV SE with my Black Grid Halcyon SE onto of my Nebulous Grey S25 to give you a better idea of the color.

Switching bag colors?-cloud-w800-h600-jpg

EDIT: Sorry, looking at the photo, Cloud still looks lighter in the photo than in person. If I hold the SE up to the screen it looks more gray than white in person.
    Last edited by Awesomepants; 05-10-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the photo! That is helpful. I actually love the grays together! I love the CLOUD/UV (or any **/UV combo, really). I am also re-falling-in-love with the Halcyon external fabric, so am working on another Halcyon wish list full of all things ULTRAVIOLET! haha

So Iím guessing that the CLOUD color doesnít get excessively scuffed, marked or stained?

Mahalo!!