Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synik 22 vs synapse 25 weight and feel

Hello,

I have a question about the weight and feel of the two bags. I know many have asked for comparisons and Iíve tried to look for answers but canít really find it.

I have a synapse 25. Itís great but I find it big. Sometimes itís helpful though. I had a synapse 19 and was a bit too small. I donít always carry a laptop home (a 12 inch one) but some times I do. Anyway, what confuses me is the weight of the bags on the specs page. Itís higher on the 22. Is this true? Is it because the specs include a frame sheet or is that without?

For those who have had a 22 and a 25 (with and without framesheets) whatís your view in feel. Does one feel easier and lighter than the other?

I understand the extra volume in the 22 is the depth. So does it stick out more in public transport?

Thanks in advance!

Forum Member
    France
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi TorontoSS,
    Yes the weight of the Syniks is higher because of the frame sheet and laptop sleeve.
    In the Synik faq page there is an answer specifically regarding weight of Synik vs Synapse : https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/synik-faq#weigh
    according to those numbers, even equipped with a frame and a laptop sleeve, a Synapse is still lighter than a Synik.
    A30 Steel 1050 Ballistic/Iberian 200 Halcyon ē A45 Black 1050 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon ē DLBP Black 400 Halcyon/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon ē DLBC Navy Cordura ? ē SK Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for providing that!