Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Freudian Slip

Will a small Freudian Slip fit into the slanted front pocket on a Daylight Briefcase?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon you mean the Freudian Slip for the Small Cafe Bag? Unfortunately it doesn't fit, I just tried it. You could use it in the back pocket but only if you'd turn it by 90 degrees.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TY! I expected it would be a long shot.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledanahys View Post
    Will a small Freudian Slip fit into the slanted front pocket on a Daylight Briefcase?
    Hi @louisvilledanahys ,

If you’re thinking of adding an organizer to the Daylight Briefcase, as opposed to already having a Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip, you might take a look at the Daylight Briefcase Organizational Strategies thread. My post (#10 ) has pictures of the Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip in the back compartment of the DLBC (these were excerpted from a post by @tpnl , who also showed the Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip in the main compartment; in my opinion, you’d really have to turn both of these sizes sideways to fit in the locations he shows — in agreement with @bartleby ’s comment about using the Small Cafe Bag FS in the back pocket.)

I use the (now retired) Field Journal Pocket Inserts as Mini Freudian Sliplets for the DLBC. Those are also shown in the pictures (can fit one of these vertically into each split pocket of the DLBC, or put one into the main compartment. One of these would also fit, if rotated, into the front diagonally zippered pocket—but, in light of the many other ways to load this into the DLBC, I wouldn’t do this.

If you are looking for additional organizational options that would fit into the front, diagonal zippered pocket, you could try something like the Maxpedition Entity Hook & Loop Low-Profile Panel that @ceepee showed in her Travel Cubelet post (excerpted photos and link to original What’s in Your Travel Cubelet thread also given in my linked post.

That Organizer is currently out of stock at the Maxpedition site that I linked, but you can find it on eBay or lots of other places such as at B&H Photo. If you need something else pouchlike, that can hold pens and cards, there are various options similar in size to that one — such as the Sinclair Zip 3 pen and notebook case from Nock.co

Both of these options (Maxpedition Organizer and Sinclair pen case) are about the size of the part of the FJN pocket insert that covers just t the pen section, and would fit into a Travel Cubelet — so would also fit into the front diagonal pocket of the DLBC. But it’s difficult to give advice on alternatives without knowing what you want to do.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 02-28-2020 at 11:36 AM.