Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like hearing about the design process. I would love to hear more about how the refinements happen- what kinds of tradeoffs go into the design? I notice that both my Side Effect and Travel Cubelet feel perfectly balanced, and don't bounce around when I wear them cross body, and I'm sure that is no accident. I would love to hear about those details that we likely don't think about that make a difference in how a product is used.

I personally love the cleverness of Tom and Nik, and how they come up with things I never would have thought to ask for. Those Ghost Whales come to mind. The flat pouches never worked all that well for me, and the multiple cubelets I have are awesome, but sometimes too big and the Ghost Whales were Just Right. (Though it would be good to have a size between small and A4 and/or some new ones that are more square-sish than rectangular).

Products that I'd like to see? Well I've already mentioned a few on the wish list thread but I'll repeat here: a mesh cubelet (because I like to see what is inside), a slightly smaller (narrower) zip top tote that would better pass as a purse like object or lunch bag , another cross body bag in the size of the Icon that is more utilitarian in looks. But I'm sure you will surprise me with things I didn't even think to long for, but now have to have.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I hear consistently at the moment is how to move experiences online and interactive for the time being. Exercise, social meet-ups, learning etc etc.

Any chance Tom, you or Nik could do a virtual tour or some kind of webcast. Sort of like your awesome product videos but live. I wouldnít spend weeks trying to get it perfect. Maybe even just a rough and ready live cast through Facebook? Or something similar.

A chance to hear from the team directly about whatís going on in the business and new designs?

People are craving personal connection at the moment. Perhaps something you guys would be willing to try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post

Back to TB. What they would really appreciate from you right now Iím sure, is continued orders. Turning already produced items in stock into cash. So if you are on the fence about a Synik or a Western Flyer (awesome bag, everyone should have one) or any other pouch or accessory. My ask is that you go and buy it now and if its not in the exact colour you want, the fact is, they all look great.

Buy what's in stock and help the company generate some cash to see them through this tough time.
    This is an absolutely great thought..heading off to order what I had in mind for some time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one would pre order the Trinity or purchase a WF today...just need info concerning this new bag! All the best TB
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done! Ordered Wilderness SCB and TC plus strap keepers and several double swivel carabiners. Now I have something to look forward to getting in a week! I do love the color Wilderness...
    Spring

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pouch of the month?! DO THIS! I love surprise subscription services, especially from companies like TB that I trust. I think we all add on pouches and other small items to larger orders because we don’t want to pay shipping just for small items. I’d definitely pay $10-15 a month for a small item surprise. Different fabrics, zipper colors, fabric colors, maybe an experimental design, or just some random scraps sewn into something...I think a lot of forum members would be on board. It wouldn’t have to be all pouches. Maybe you could do lanyards, zipper pulls/adornments, luggage tags, or new origami creatures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a long time fan of the TB gear - first backpack was a Smart Alec (the one with the reflective shock cord) and still have and use it to this day. This was a great idea for a thread. Ordered a few more useful things and love my Synapse 25 Guide Edition. Using it for quick errand runs since I am working from home full time now. Supporting small business I love. Thank you to the crew at TB.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a gift voucher. Half to lock in an exchange rate for the falling Aussie dollar, but also yes as itís a bit of income for TB and when theyíre up and running again can order something thatís available.

Keep safe everyone!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread -- and it so happens that I ordered several things last night. Nothing major, just items like the travel tray that I'd had my eye on for a while. Always glad to support a great small business like TB.

Gift certificates are good idea and I will look into that one, though perhaps I should consider a WF!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I'd buy a 12 month surprise subscription! Shipping costs are a very big factor in the frequency of my orders to Australia. A small package arriving bi-monthly would be exciting Heart Eyes

Micro key straps 3-4 inches long in the new colours or members only exclusive colours. Prefer snaphook/o ring because my set up is ghost whale to keystrap then into end zip pocket of Aeronaut. Easier to grab out of this pocket if on a short keystrap

TB Fabric zipper pull. Sewn rectangle fabric tab with a zipper pull cord sewn in as a loop. Test colours or special colours or making use of fabric scraps
    Last edited by bijoux; 03-21-2020 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call to Action - Go and buy something from the TB website

Would love a pouch a mnth like subscription service. A larger sidekick that would carry iPad Pro. More halcyon colors. A medium travel tray. Packable bag. Have a ztsb and shepherds cloth in route.

Last edited by luckyprincess1112; 03-21-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger, looking at yeoman duffles now

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darknova306 View Post
    @Perseffect Well said! It's a tough time for all small businesses. Here in New York State all non-essential businesses are shut down, so it's gonna get ugly for a lot of people fast. I'm lucky enough to have my paycheck for the time being, as is my girlfriend, so I may finally pull the trigger on that Seapine Green HTL1 I've been eyeballing for a while.

I love supporting small companies that treat their workers fairly and produce high quality stuff. If anyone's been on the fence about any of these bags and still has a paycheck and disposable income, now would be a great time to nudge yourself over that fence Smilie
    Me too, absolutely! Keeps morale up too within the workplace and keeps jobs!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up a Brain Bag today, I planned on buying one in the summer, but I figure not much difference if I buy now or later in the year for me. I usually always do black bags, but something about the Mars Red was calling out to me.

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    I bought a gift voucher. Half to lock in an exchange rate for the falling Aussie dollar, but also yes as itís a bit of income for TB and when theyíre up and running again can order something thatís available.

Keep safe everyone!

Thatís a great point about exchange rates and locking it down with a gift card. Every dayís a school day.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast