Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for your positivity and support of this thread. When starting a post, I never know if it will resonate with people in the right way. And I hope this one does some good.

And as I reflected, I didnít want to be a hypocrite, so snapped up the last remaining in stock 1050 Navy Tristar today. This was one of the first bags that brought me to TB in the first place so seemed fitting to come back to it at this time.

Also, Iím a huge 1050 ballistic fan over the other fabrics, so picking one up in 1050 before the full changeover to 525 could be good timing.

Fingers crossed the stock levels are correct as a Navy 1050/Iberian Tristar would be amazing.

Thanks all and stay safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I like hearing about the design process. I would love to hear more about how the refinements happen- what kinds of tradeoffs go into the design? I notice that both my Side Effect and Travel Cubelet feel perfectly balanced, and don't bounce around when I wear them cross body, and I'm sure that is no accident. I would love to hear about those details that we likely don't think about that make a difference in how a product is used.

I personally love the cleverness of Tom and Nik, and how they come up with things I never would have thought to ask for. Those Ghost Whales come to mind. The flat pouches never worked all that well for me, and the multiple cubelets I have are awesome, but sometimes too big and the Ghost Whales were Just Right. (Though it would be good to have a size between small and A4 and/or some new ones that are more square-sish than rectangular).
    I think this is a stellar idea!

I suggested earlier that it could be a live web stream but something like this could also be recorded. Even something done on an iPhone (as long as audio is clear enough) could be really engaging, almost just a vlog version of your blogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the pre-order option! We just placed an order for shop bags that make wonderful teacher gifts and another monster truck Smilie
    The Monster trucks have been very helpful keeping our things organized now that we're all home and adjusting.
    @Darcy , Thank you for always taking care of your crew and community!

Germany
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    And as I reflected, I didn’t want to be a hypocrite, so snapped up the last remaining in stock 1050 Navy Tristar today. This was one of the first bags that brought me to TB in the first place so seemed fitting to come back to it at this time.

Also, I’m a huge 1050 ballistic fan over the other fabrics, so picking one up in 1050 before the full changeover to 525 could be good timing.
    I’m a big fan of Steel, I love it in my RB36 and am happy to have a Steel mini YD on the way. You’re comment had me checking what other bags are still available in Steel. I actually love it with Wasabi (I’ve become a fan over time) and there is still a Steel/Wasabi A30 available. I’m sitting on my fingers now... Or the Steel/Island WF, although I don’t like that combination as much in comparison. Please, I want to preorder that Shadow Guide before I get any more ideas...
    Last edited by b1gsky; 03-22-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Minnesota - Land of 10,000 Seasons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would LOVE a pre-order option of the new P.I.K.A. Pouch. It's the bag I didn't know I'd been waiting for until I saw it! Just wondering if they will be delayed...or, since the page says "estimated ship date of early-late March.," might they be are part of the "wrapping things up," currently being done? (My fingers are crossed!)

In the meantime, I put in my order for a Luminary 12, a small Travel Tray, a couple of Key Straps, and Swivel Double Carabiners in all three sizes.
    Last edited by Sacharissa; 03-22-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Iím a big fan of Steel, I love it in my RB36 and am happy to have a Steel mini YD on the way. Youíre comment had me checking what other bags are still available in Steel. I actually love it with Wasabi (Iíve become a fan over time) and there is still a Steel/Wasabi A30 available. Iím sitting on my fingers now... Or the Steel/Island WF, although I donít like that combination as much in comparison. Please, I want to preorder that Shadow Guide before I get any more ideas...
    Iíve owned both the Steel/wasabi and Steel/island. I had the Steel/island in both the western flyer and Tristar. It was great.

Had the steel/wasabi in a copilot. I think both were great. I had a clear out though so itís all now gone. But belting again in Navy 1050 before it all goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had an old Visa gift card, so I got in an order for Nik’s Wallet I have been eyeing for a while. Added in a Travel Cubelet to boot.

Would still put in a pre-porter for a L15 in Ursa if possible.
    Last edited by louisvilledanahys; 03-22-2020 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Typo. Meant Luminary 15

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíve owned both the Steel/wasabi and Steel/island. I had the Steel/island in both the western flyer and Tristar. It was great.

Had the steel/wasabi in a copilot. I think both were great. I had a clear out though so itís all now gone. But belting again in Navy 1050 before it all goes.

Do you know by chance when 1050 will not be produced any more?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Germany
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they won’t order any new fabric, so as soon as the rest is used up that’s it. I think if I remember right there was talk that they would keep Black 1050d as an option, but I’m not sure. I’m also not sure whether there was an announcement that it was the last production run for any color, I think not.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus one - would pre-order the Trinity if initial colors and draft pictures or sketches were available.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for starting this, Perseffect. A mini yeoman duffle and shepherdís wool cloth will be making their way to Arlington, Va. shortly.

Let me explain. Iím no businessman but Iíve been listening a lot recently to businesses large and small, saying that their biggest concern is the welfare of their staff, closely followed by having enough cash to keep their business afloat. And for clarity, I donít mean physical cash, I just mean money coming in the door (credit card payments etc).

Being UK based, I usually think twice about purchasing from the website waiting for the perfect colour combination before spending my money (with shipping, taxes and a terrible exchange rate a $300 bag cost me a lot more). Or I wait until several different items I want are all in stock to combine shipping.

I read on their blog that they are ramping down production to help their staff stay safe but are still shipping orders. That's great but it means people like me are making less orders as the exact combination of items or colours is not going to be available for a while.

Iíve been a TB customer for about 7 years now and have bought a lot of items several times over trying to find the right combination of colours and recently its been a bit of a wake up call that it really doesnít matter what colour it is. It times of abundance, we can be picky about colours, but not in times of scarcity. And in the grand scheme of things, the right colour combo is just not that important; Iíve really woken up to that fact over the past few weeks.

Back to TB. What they would really appreciate from you right now Iím sure, is continued orders. Turning already produced items in stock into cash. So if you are on the fence about a Synik or a Western Flyer (awesome bag, everyone should have one) or any other pouch or accessory. My ask is that you go and buy it now and if its not in the exact colour you want, the fact is, they all look great.

Buy what's in stock and help the company generate some cash to see them through this tough time.

I know purchasing items may not be on your mind at the moment as you think about your family and friends. I wish you all well and if you happen to be thinking about supporting small businesses, now is the time to make some orders; TB or any other company you admire.

Note: Those that know TB will know that they didnít ask me to write this. So for clarity, this is my own opinion and I have no affiliation to TB other than being a raving fan!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck I'd pre-order a lot of stuff in the new colors if that was an available option

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way for the company to convert some (or all) of their “In Production” items to a pre-order, so that we can generate some income for Tom Bihn right now? (I see at LEAST three items I’d buy today if Tom Bihn would change their In Production items over to this, and maybe we could just have a TBD ship date to compile it all into one shipment?) I know it would be logistically messy, but I think some clever person could figure out a work-around to simplify this. Just a thought

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive and inspiring to see such great support for Tom Bihn in these trying times I just ordered some more stuff - not because I need it but because I believe in supporting great businesses that need to survive in these uniquely challenging times. We're with you!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncojeans View Post
    Completely echo your sentiments Perseffect. I too am UK based, and have bought >$1000 worth of stuff from TB in the last month. I am a regular traveller, and there are still lots of additional things that I would like to add to my collection, so I will be buying more. As an aside, the UPS and customs charges are a significant consideration, so if any other Brits are interested in pooling orders to share shipping costs, I'd be happy to co-ordinate. I'm central London based so am happy to distribute using local postal service if it would help.
    I live here in the states but what a fantastic and smart idea!!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast