Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which study?

Quote Originally Posted by setrombley View Post
    Did I see TB masks in the paper just released on mask filtration efficiency? I notice Darcy & co. were thanked in the acknowledgements.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weve been honored to play a small role in a recent study conducted by researchers at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).

Over the past several weeks, we sent various materials samples to the researchers for evaluation and testing of filtration. The study has been published; you can read it in its entirety here (https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs...DSCGnPXoVhr32Q)

This study is just one of the ways NIST is working to defeat COVID-19; you can read about additional efforts ranging from biological measurements for detecting COVID-19 to contributions of expertise in data curation to optimize the evaluation of data on COVID-19 in this blog post How Can NIST Help: Collaborating at a Distance to Defeat COVID-19. You might also want to see this blog post in which a fluid dynamicist and mechanical engineer at NIST shares how his stay-at-home lab demonstrates how face coverings can slow the spread of disease: My Stay-at-Home Lab Shows How Face Coverings Can Slow the Spread of Disease
    Last edited by Darcy; 07-08-2020 at 12:48 PM. Reason: fixed links!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A request....

Would any of you who haven't yet left a review for your V1, V2, or V3 masks be up for doing so? Here's handy links that'll take you right to the review section for each mask page:

V1 ~ https://www.tombihn.com/products/facemask#reviews
    V2 ~ https://www.tombihn.com/products/3layermask#reviews
    V3 ~ https://www.tombihn.com/products/clothmaskv2#reviews

Here's the thing: many of the folks who are looking to, or are purchasing masks from us haven't purchased anything from us before and don't know our company that well. And, unfortunately, it seems some of them have had bad experiences purchasing masks from other companies; either the masks took 4+ weeks to ship, never shipped, or arrived unusable due to poor quality. Or, the mask didn't work for them, and the company was not responsive. They are understandably worried that they might have the same experience with us. I think reviews go a long ways towards helping people know that won't happen with us; a true-to-you review at least lets folks know you got your mask and all of that good stuff Smilie
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

San Diego
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Darcy! Are there any plans to put out a pattern for one of the newer version masks that are wider? Our masks are your favorite but I would love a wider design and possibly adjustable ear loops? I need to order some of the ones you guys make but since I sew, I would love an updated pattern.

I appreciate all the work that has gone into these!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahlin View Post
    Hi Darcy! Are there any plans to put out a pattern for one of the newer version masks that are wider? Our masks are your favorite but I would love a wider design and possibly adjustable ear loops? I need to order some of the ones you guys make but since I sew, I would love an updated pattern.

I appreciate all the work that has gone into these!
    Hi @sarahlin

Here's the post where Darcy mentions that the patterns will get posted at some point

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post192066

Also, for the Forum to signal that someone has been mentioned, use the @ sign in front of their username... if you see in this post where I put your name with the @ in front, it shows as highlighted...and should have popped up somehow (depending on how you're accessing this Forum) that you had a mention, quote, or like... (I did all three for your post, so you can see)

So if you'd like to flag Darcy in the future, be sure to @ her, since otherwise she may miss your question
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12