Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xyppy View Post
    Pattern tweak suggestion here. I don't have a printer or fancy software handy at the moment but I have pen, colored pencil and paper towel. The last bit of sewing before turning the mask right side out should include sewing through/over the intersection of the middle seams. Leaving a gap on one side or the other of the intersection between top ear loop and half an inch to the intersection makes the finishing when right side out easier and neater, in my opinion. If I had time to show a picture of a sewn mask I would do it but I need to get ready for work. Maybe at lunch time I can sew another mask and take a picture so you can see what I mean without having to be at the mercy of my sketch.
    Tom and Nik are going to test / try this out today. Will report back.

Still working on the next video and additional pattern instructions! Might be Friday or Saturday before it's ready.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pitching in to make simple surgical-style face masks-tweak-jpg

This is what I meant by the tweak. See the gap I left on the left side for turning it inside out?
    Spring

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've made the same amount of masks using my pattern tweak as I made without it using the TBMask V1 pattern. I'm not sure my tweak really makes a difference.
    Spring

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The masks are in stock for the moment, with the "buy one, give one" option and 2 colors. I'm really impressed looking at the tracking spreadsheet's daily updates. They've shipped several thousand in just the last couple days, including a couple of really large shipments. I ordered 2 of each color and added 2 more "give" without any for me, so 4 for me and 6 for others. Now it's a race to see whether those get to me before the ones I ordered off Etsy last week, so I can stop wearing my badly cut-up t-shirt!

Forum Member
    Currently Traveling
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanted to drop this here too! Quick video walkthrough on the Tom Bihn mask pattern with some thoughts on ear loops and nose pocket. Tom also just put out an official video that's pretty great.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the masks be made in colors other than the black and blue?

Forum Member
    Currently Traveling
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TB just dropped their vid walkthrough too. I like his nose pocket application better than mine.

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I think this mask pattern is genius. Last night after work I easily made 20 masks. Today I cut fabric and made a kids sized mask in less than 10 minutes. I've made 2 extra sizes of the pattern for 4-6 year old kids and 7-10 year old kids Just in the last 2 days I've given out 60 masks that I've made. I used the t-shirt yarn for ear loops and they work great. I can't express enough gratitude for this mask pattern. Thank you!!!
    Spring

NJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pitching in to make simple surgical-style face masks-36815120-7528-4a6e-b536-28343e0bd37f-jpeg

It was probably inevitable that Tom Bihn and Harley Davidson would somehow intersect. Here’s one of the TB-style masks in HD colors my wife made for me after she watched the video. She made many (she liked the chaining idea) but this of course is my favorite. Thanks for the pattern and the video!
    EDC: Black Halcyon DLBP | Nebulous Gray Luminary 15 ~ Work Carry: Black Ristretto ~ Fun Carry: Black Medium Yeoman Duffel | Coyote Road Duffel

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Will the masks be made in colors other than the black and blue?
    The product page says "we may switch from Light Blue to a different color around late April." On the Facebook BST group, Darcy elaborated that burgundy, purple, navy, and brown are potential colors and the change-out will probably be mid-week (~4/22), depending on how they do catching up with shipping.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a few of these—they're not here yet—and coincidentally a friend dropped off a few based off the same design (maybe not the same pattern). Up until now I've been using a pleated-style surgical mask. One thing I noticed is, for me, the pleated design is superior because it allows for a more personalized and secure fit to the face. It also seems easier to sew. I'm no expert, though, so I'm curious if there were any reasons you switched from your initial pleated design to the contoured version you are using now?

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmedek View Post
    I'm no expert, though, so I'm curious if there were any reasons you switched from your initial pleated design to the contoured version you are using now?
    I've now made about 100 of these and I made over 100 of the pleated. These are by far easier and faster to make. I like the fit of these better, too.
    Spring

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    The product page says "we may switch from Light Blue to a different color around late April." On the Facebook BST group, Darcy elaborated that burgundy, purple, navy, and brown are potential colors and the change-out will probably be mid-week (~4/22), depending on how they do catching up with shipping.
    Black and Navy are now listed as "In production."

They are selling out very quickly though. I checked the ordering page 17 minutes after the "Notify Me" email was sent and they were sold out again.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Black and Navy are now listed as "In production."

They are selling out very quickly though. I checked the ordering page 17 minutes after the "Notify Me" email was sent and they were sold out again.
    Oh! Just got the re-stock notification BUT all gone already......never mind....will keep trying! Smilie

Forum Member
    NJ, USA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I missed out too, for the second time...they do go fast....

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast