Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How “red” is “Mars red”?

I’m looking at a Synik 30 in Mars Red, but I can't tell how red that actually is. Is it more of an orange-ish or clay colored red, or is it more apple/fire engine red?

If you’re a football or sports fan, what team's /red/ does it most closely resemble?

Thanks, everyone!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @father_dawg ,

I posted a reply (#19, dated 11-17-2019) at the end of the Update on the 11/5 Synik restock colors thread that summarizes what I felt were some of the most color accurate pictures of Mars Red on the forums, or links to where you could view videos that included accurate color depictions of Mars Red.

In general, I’d check @gochicken ’s Pantone Color Pictures thread for accurate color depictions — but not every color is shown there (certainly, not the brand new 525d Ballistic Nylon colors like Ursa, Constellation, and Wilderness, and even among the older colors her Burnt Orange sample is 1000d Cordura — not either of the 1050d or 525d Ballistic Nylon. But here’s her rendering of Mars Red excerpted:

Please check the link to my post for more picture examples, and to read some other comments about Mars Red.

HTH

moriond

ETA: The Pantone Color Pictures thread also shows the new recycled 630d colors of Logic Blue and Seapine
    Last edited by moriond; 03-24-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have anything Iberian? It’s more ‘Rusty’ than that. I would call it a maroon colour. Admittedly it changes drastically under drifferent light. But in most light it’s a maroon colour.

Watch The Martian. It is so perfectly named Mars Red. The name reaaaaaallllly sums up the colour perfectly. A very autumn colour.

Below my just arrive S30 GE (which is amaaaaazing!), Iberian stuff sack, burnt orange ghost whale, and Solaris HLT2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alabama
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How “red” is “Mars red”?

Here is my mars red ghost whale next to an aubergine and grass one.

"Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everyone, that’s helpful! I live in a very football-heavy part of the country, and I don’t want to be confused for an Alabama fan with a “crimson” backpack. My team is UGA, so I like to rep that kind of red when I can. Maybe I need something more understated anyway.

Thanks again for the replies; they’re all helpful!

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m in boise, Idaho. The Boise State Broncos are orange and blue. I take great joy in wearing all shades of orange and fluorescents while not giving a fig for anyone’s college sports.

Wear what you like.

I was holding out for a mars red A45 but, of course, in the days of corona madness, I just don’t need it now. I have a mars red Icon bag. It’s a great color.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogiesan View Post
    I’m in boise, Idaho. The Boise State Broncos are orange and blue. I take great joy in wearing all shades of orange and fluorescents while not giving a fig for anyone’s college sports.

Wear what you like.

I was holding out for a mars red A45 but, of course, in the days of corona madness, I just don’t need it now. I have a mars red Icon bag. It’s a great color.
    That’s the thing: I like the UGA red, and if it’s more crimson, I don’t want it because it’s not a color that I like.

Looks like I’ll go with a more neutral color anyway.