Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I machine washed my Luminary 12

...and it is totally fine!

Recently my L12 ended up on the floor of our guest room (I blame my husband) for several weeks unbeknownst to me. Unfortunately, that room tends to see a lot of slug traffic at certain times of the year and one day recently, I discovered my L12 looking like one of the cocoons from Alien. [/I] Seriously.

I had planned to hose it down once we had warm temps and full sun, but we have not. And so, because I have cleaned everything else in our house at this point of staying at home, I thought, why not throw it in the machine? So I did, with an old knit bedsheet. Medium spin. Other than taking forever to fully dry on the clothesline, my beautiful L12 is beautiful once again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...so brave!!
    Last edited by Chris D.; 03-27-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad the machine worked out for you! Also I admire your restraint, because if I had a room in my house that was just casually infested with slugs on a regular basis, I would be cleansing the whole place with fire.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, HLT2

Forum Member
    Austin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I machine wash my S25 twice a year and it comes out brand new every time. I don't know if doing that removes whatever protective coating was on it, but it doesn't matter because I'm so hard on the bag it doesn't get clean without the machine. Hand washing doesn't really do anything.