Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Montana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel Cubelet Name Change

Just noticed that the Travel Cubelet is now the Everyday Cubelet.

Travel Cubelet Name Change-screen-shot-2020-03-28-6-01-54-pm-jpg
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe that's cause no one can travel anymore?
    Spring

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow we’re going to rename the “Aeronaut Travel Bag” to be the “Aeronaut Toilet Paper Display Case” (picture it, standing up, fully loaded, hatch open….)

Ok, seriously: at some point, someone (maybe it was here...) asked us to rename the Travel Cubelet something that wasn’t as limiting and would reach a wider audience, as it can certainly be used for every day in addition to travel; also asked us not to call it a “purse” because that can be a limiting factor for some.

I was poking around the website today making a list of the bags we think will sell out sooner than others (given we haven’t made bags for a couple of weeks now and aren't sure when we’ll get back to doing that) for an upcoming blog post, saw the Travel Cubelet, and at this point in time, thought that person from long ago made a good point. (Was a good point then too but just got busy with other stuff.)
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Ok, seriously: at some point, someone (maybe it was here...) asked us to rename the Travel Cubelet something that wasn’t as limiting and would reach a wider audience, as it can certainly be used for every day in addition to travel; also asked us not to call it a “purse” because that can be a limiting factor for some.
    Honestly, even the Maker Bag could use the same treatment. It is my favorite work bag (or was before I switched to the Luminary), but when other people have looked for suggestions for something less structured than the Pilot/Co-Pilot and I suggest the Maker Bag, they aren't even aware of it because mentally they have lumped it in with the Swift... Changing the name might help people mentally recategorize it.
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie Rainbow First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heart’s desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Germany
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy It’s still called the Travel Cubelet in the drop-down menu. I like the new name, and I actually use mine most often when I run quick errands in every day life and not for travel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I might have bought the last “travel cubelet” a few a days ago before the name change!

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use mine everyday (old normal when I left the house) and when I travel - great new name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Everyday Cubelet is my EDC and then I drop it inside bigger bags when carrying more...wonderfully versatile. I have two-olive and black.

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I bought a Travel Cubelet and it arrives after the name change to Everyday Cubelet is the thing in the package that arrives tomorrow called an Everyday Travel Cubelet?
    Spring

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xyppy View Post
    If I bought a Travel Cubelet and it arrives after the name change to Everyday Cubelet is the thing in the package that arrives tomorrow called an Everyday Travel Cubelet?
    Hehe. Does anyone else besides me leave their Travel Cubelet on when they're in the car driving? It's so small and light I don't feel like I need to take it off: I just clip the seatbelt over it.

So maybe it should be the: Everyday Travel Car Cubelet Big Grin
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Everyday Cubelet formerly known as Travel...

We'll have to watch our abbreviations... TC goes to EC, but not EDC because that's already 'everyday carry'
    !
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe. Does anyone else besides me leave their Travel Cubelet on when they're in the car driving? It's so small and light I don't feel like I need to take it off: I just clip the seatbelt over it.

So maybe it should be the: Everyday Travel Car Cubelet Big Grin
    I do! (I also do that with my SE and SK.)Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a very versatile minibag: good for the nightstand, office, and gym. Those all happen to be in the same room now.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Natick, MA
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    It's a very versatile minibag: good for the nightstand, office, and gym. Those all happen to be in the same room now.
    Made me laugh. Ha!

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe. Does anyone else besides me leave their Travel Cubelet on when they're in the car driving?
    Not a Travel (sorry Everyday !) Cubelet, but we still do the same thing with our Mk.1 Citizen Canine (in Cardinal and Steel) which is about the same size, whenever we travel in the car with one of the dogs along for the ride. It's so unobtrusive that it's easier to leave it on, cross-body. That's one of the reasons I haven't invested in a Mk.2 CC, because it's so much larger. Might have to get an Everyday Cubelet as a second pseudo-CC!
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast