Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do standard sized ipads fit in the small cafe bag? Also Dungeons and dragons?

Looking for a bag that would hold a standard sized 5th gen ipad (IE not the mini and not the big pro ones). I see the small cafe bag is listed as an "ipad bag" but i'm not seeing much in the description about it. Also, does it have a place to put a waterbottle besides just a carabineron the side?

Also would be nice if it held a dungeons and dragons book (probably the monster manual). from amazon, the dims are 8.6 x 0.8 x 11.2 inches which is CLOSE but not quite within the specs of the Small Cafe Bag.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you see an IPad Air 2nd Generation which has the same dimensions as the IPad 5th generation 240 x 169.5 x 6.1 mm (9.45 x 6.67 x 0.24 in) inside my Small Cafe Bag:

Regarding the water bottle: there is no specific place to put it. The main compartment is certainly best suited to take it.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! looks like a great size for what i'm looking for!

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have taken my 5th gen iPad on many excursions in the small Café. Sometimes the iPad goes with a cover but more often these days it goes naked. There is also room in the rear pocket for your iPad. The small Café is not very wide so anything in the bag that is hard or inflexible could potentially injure the iPad in a crunch. If you have an Otterboxed iPad you give up a lot of interior volume. There is no room for a water bottle in the small but the medium has lots of internal space: I have traveled often with the iPad in the rear pocket of the medium, lunch and a Coke in the main pocket along with journal, pens, snacks, charger, tickets and ID, a book or magazine, and still plenty of room in the front zipper pocket. The medium is larger than you require for you listed objects but it is a far more versatile bag. However, the medium only travels with me, I use the small every waking hour of every day as you can see from the schmutz .Do standard sized ipads fit in the small cafe bag? Also Dungeons and dragons?-5ff0196e-19af-44dd-9fe9-6e0d8c18582e_1_201_a-jpeg

Forum Member
    The Netherlands
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D&D books will NOT fit in the Small Cafe Bag. I tried. Stick Out Tongue One, maybe two books will fit in the Medium one, but they will be slightly too tall, I think. I think for D&D books you might be better off with a Maker's Bag?

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ipad pro 9.7 fits comfortably with room to spare.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often carry a 10.5" iPad Pro in my small Cafe Bag. My iPad wears an OtterBox case, so it is a bit bigger than just the naked iPad. The iPad sticks out of the bag a little bit, but the flap closes and buckles with no problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My iPad Pro 11” fits inside the Small Cafe Bag with a LogicPro keyboard cover and it closes no problem at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes