Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unofficial laptop/device fit guide?

Is there an unofficial fit guide anywhere?

So, before purchasing the DLBC I asked here if the MBP 15 touch bar would fit and the overall sense was no. Of course, the website indicates a hard no as well. However I pulled the trigger and the MBP 15 fits without protection and without being able to close the briefcase In my mind, it fits if I really need it to.

Not frustrated about it. I understand that most people want their laptop/device protected and to be able to close the bag. And I understand the liability of TBís official design and fit guide. But Iím looking for fit advice without the trial and error of ordering and returning/reselling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not entirely clear on what you're asking, but if I'm understanding you correctly, I highly doubt you're going to find any fit guide that explains what could fit if you don't close the bag. That wouldn't serve any purpose for 99% of people (especially when you can just get a bag that DOES fit).

Also, if closing the bag isn't a requirement, you could fit nearly anything inside if you do things like rotate it 90 degrees, or don't care if it's sticking halfway out.

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the website's fit guide (I assume you saw this)

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/dimensions-specs

Sometimes if you ask on the forum for a picture of a 15 inch Macbook on top of a DLBC, for example, someone might be able to help out, and that could help you find out if it would fit in a pinch. I don't think there is an unofficial list, though. Good luck!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    Not entirely clear on what you're asking, but if I'm understanding you correctly, I highly doubt you're going to find any fit guide that explains what could fit if you don't close the bag. That wouldn't serve any purpose for 99% of people (especially when you can just get a bag that DOES fit).

Also, if closing the bag isn't a requirement, you could fit nearly anything inside if you do things like rotate it 90 degrees, or don't care if it's sticking halfway out.
    Iím looking for some existing database that says ďif you absolutely had to fit ABC in XYZ, then itíll work but yada yada,Ē aka an unofficial laptop fit guide.

Something like that probably doesnít exist and dimensional measurements might be the only way to determine without actually having a bag to try it out

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unofficial laptop/device fit guide?

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    Here is the website's fit guide (I assume you saw this)

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/dimensions-specs

Sometimes if you ask on the forum for a picture of a 15 inch Macbook on top of a DLBC, for example, someone might be able to help out, and that could help you find out if it would fit in a pinch. I don't think there is an unofficial list, though. Good luck!
    Yes thatís a good idea!

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best option is to probably search for specific laptops or maybe dimensions. I know my T460 with laptop sleeve (non-cache) doesn't meet the dimensions for a pilot but it fits.