Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Cache for iPad Pro + Magic Keyboard?

Will there need to be a new cache for the 3rd/4th gen iPad Pro's with their matching Magic Keyboard sizes? Or does the 12B 2018 iPad Pro cache work with the new Magic Keyboard?

I'm loving this new Magic keyboard. Thanks!
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second the need for a new cache, but for the 11 inch ipad pro instead with the magic keyboard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested as well.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to this thread, and I can't speak specifically to the 12B, but I have the 11A and I assume they are designed similarly for their respective iPad sizes.

I had hoped before seeing it in person that the Magic Keyboard would fit in the cache if I left the Pencil off, but it doesn't; the Keyboard's hinge diameter is almost twice that of the Pencil's. So I'll add my vote for a new Cache when it's safe to make new stuff again.

On the plus side, because the 1st-gen iPad was such a behemoth, my original Ristretto for iPad (a decade old and still in great shape) has always fit every iPad I've ever had, and it fits the 11" with the keyboard AND Pencil with no problem. Now if only there were somewhere to go....

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drobeson View Post
    On the plus side, because the 1st-gen iPad was such a behemoth, my original Ristretto for iPad (a decade old and still in great shape) has always fit every iPad I've ever had, and it fits the 11" with the keyboard AND Pencil with no problem. Now if only there were somewhere to go....
    Yeah, I just ordered one a few sizes up to accommodate my older iPad Pro 12.9 case (which has a slot on the edge for the pencil, so it's definitely non-standard dimensions). Sure there will be some slack, but it also gives me some flexibility for other tech down the line rather than having to buy a new cache every time.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can report that the 12B Cache works great with the 12.9” iPad Pro and either the Magic Keyboard case or the Apple Pencil, but not both. The new hinge adds too much width for the pencil to still fit comfortably while attached. I previously had the Apple keyboard case, and that plus the iPad Pro and the Pencil all fit fine in the Cache.

You can force it with the Magic Keyboard and the Pencil, it’s almost there, but it’s hard to close the zippers and probably not something that you’d want to do regularly with the relatively fragile Pencil accessory.

I’d also be interested in an updated Cache! Or a recommendation for a different size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id also like 12B+ size to accommodate both magic keyboard and pencil! I can confirm the current 12B is a bit too small for both peripherals.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yam View Post
    I can report that the 12B Cache works great with the 12.9” iPad Pro and either the Magic Keyboard case or the Apple Pencil, but not both. The new hinge adds too much width for the pencil to still fit comfortably while attached. I previously had the Apple keyboard case, and that plus the iPad Pro and the Pencil all fit fine in the Cache.

You can force it with the Magic Keyboard and the Pencil, it’s almost there, but it’s hard to close the zippers and probably not something that you’d want to do regularly with the relatively fragile Pencil accessory.

I’d also be interested in an updated Cache! Or a recommendation for a different size.
    Quote Originally Posted by jawalsh View Post
    I’d also like 12B+ size to accommodate both magic keyboard and pencil! I can confirm the current 12B is a bit too small for both peripherals.
    Thanks for your comments about the 12B cache. Hopefully someone at TB can get back to us. I really want to order a cache ASAP!
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!