Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're back to shipping orders for bags!

Oooooo! Maybe a Cache/FS - I vote FS - with snaps or clips to keep it anchored in the Truck(s)? Possibly oriented diagonally (side zip access) in the main compartment of the Pickup Truck, and parallel (top zip access) in the Monster Truck.

This is diagonal in the Pickup Truck:

The water bottle helps stabilize the laptop (2017 Macbook Air) but I wouldn't carry it like this - I'd put something in between to keep the bottle from clashing against the computer.

(I clipped a contrasting swivel carabiner to the handle as an anchor point for my key strap - so that I can see at a glance if I've thrown my keys in the Truck - otherwise they are swallowed up in the darkness! Smilie)

The laptop * can * stand on its own in the Pickup Truck, but very gingerly.

And here is the laptop inserted horizontally in the Original Truck - it would probably work better in the Monster Truck (don't have one of those yet):

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I like that suggestion a lot; Tom was talking about a "Laptop Truck" and this fits right in with that.
    Speaking of home gear, I would love a zip-away water bottle sleeve in the center compartment of the Trucks! (Similar to the one in the Luminary.)

And/or a way to stash a laptop in that central compartment - a Freudian Slip for the Monster Truck? Maybe one that opens either from the top or the side, so it can be used vertically/horizontally with either the Truck or Monster Truck. I'm always carrying things up and down stairs, and my water bottle/computer tend to be the h
    Last edited by haraya; 05-13-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the PIKA going to be restocked soon? I'd imagine it's an ideal bag for the times.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Is the PIKA going to be restocked soon? I'd imagine it's an ideal bag for the times.
    I'm also waiting for the PIKA to restock Smilie

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    +1. Cool

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want to thank you for making the masks. I suck at sewing and couldn't even manage sewing a basic mask. I'm thrilled with the masks I was finally able to order. Please keep them in your lineup.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ayazgood View Post
    +1. Cool
    Noted! I need to upload the photos of the P.I.K.A. in Solaris and Coyote 200d Halcyon, too: we made photo samples of those two colors right before bag production stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I really want to thank you for making the masks. I suck at sewing and couldn't even manage sewing a basic mask. I'm thrilled with the masks I was finally able to order. Please keep them in your lineup.
    Thank you for the support and I'm glad you're happy with your masks!

Masks will be available for quite a while, I expect. We are also continuing to receive quite a few requests for donated masks and we want to fulfill as many of those requests as we can for as long as we can.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy

Any idea when Washington State will move to Phase 2 reopening?
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    @Darcy

Any idea when Washington State will move to Phase 2 reopening?
    Soonest would be June 1st, but it could be delayed; not sure yet. Are you wondering when we'll get back to making a particular bag design or anything like that? Let me know and I can share what I can.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soonest would be June 1st, but it could be delayed; not sure yet. Are you wondering when we'll get back to making a particular bag design or anything like that? Let me know and I can share what I can.
    @Darcy

Interested in a Truck...and of course the elusive trinity! Smilie
    Last edited by Chris D.; 05-17-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you wondering when we'll get back to making a particular bag design or anything like that? Let me know and I can share what I can.
    For the bags listed "In production" is that an accurate view of what is going to be made when things resume or would it best to not assume the "in production" hasn't been updated since pre-pandemic, the world has changed, and no idea when/what will be produced at restart?

California
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for making the larger size mask. It fits great.

I'm looking forward to my order shipping soon. I'll echo what some others have said. I'm looking forward to the navy leads pocket and left pocket for the Guide's Pack I just ordererd as well as the HTL 1 & 2 as well as the Cubelet in Solaris.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy

Hi Darcy-

I had my hopes up for Sitka Halcyon in side effect or shop bag. Any chance this will be coming soon? Is it still happening?

Thank you!!!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgnsimmons3 View Post
    @Darcy

Hi Darcy-

I had my hopes up for Sitka Halcyon in side effect or shop bag. Any chance this will be coming soon? Is it still happening?

Thank you!!!!
    +1 please!

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    @Darcy

Interested in a Truck...and of course the elusive trinity! Smilie
    +1 for the Trinity!

Also waiting on accessories like the small Snake Charmer and 3D Organizer Cube clear in island ballistic, and small Ghost Whales in island and black mesh.
    Last edited by latchford; 05-19-2020 at 02:51 AM.

Japan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to get an HLT Size 2 (Solaris!), a Cache 12B and a load of organizer pouches. At the moment, most of my list is in stock, except for the HLT which is out of stock in any size or color. Would be interested if there is any ETA on that Smilie.
    Aeronaut 45 (Steel/Island), Synik 30 (Deep Blue/Iberian)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast