Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomepants View Post
    Thanks for making the larger size mask. It fits great.

I'm looking forward to my order shipping soon. I'll echo what some others have said. I'm looking forward to the navy leads pocket and left pocket for the Guide's Pack I just ordererd as well as the HTL 1 & 2 as well as the Cubelet in Solaris.

+1 for the large size mask .. size is great for me (and I'm loving the so soft ear loops)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Box from Tom Bihn crew

MCB freudian slip in black.
    Everyday Cubelet in Ursa - color is gorgeous!
    A5 GWOP - 1 dawn + 1 alphaviolet. Both pretty colors, but the latter’s beauty surprised me.
    Small GWOP - red mars
    Medium double carabiner - alphaviolet
    Small double carabiner - wasabi. These are tiny.
    2 face masks - 1 large black + 1 original navy. I prefer the large. I can use either one, but I prefer the large. The original, however, is “more fitted” if a close fitting mask is desired. I like the bit of breathing room that the larger size provides.
    3 fabric swatches - wilderness green, logic blue, constellation blue - to aid imagining the Truck + Monster Truck colors that I would like to have in the future.

As always, amazing products from the wonderful TB crew.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope more of the Truck family gets made, particularly a Laptop ("commuter"?) Truck!

My Truck and Monster Truck have been so useful during the lockdown, I just need more bags like that, sits upright on its own, stiff-sided and well-organized.

Ironically since we don't have a car, the Truck and Monster Truck were our least-used in the TB family before, preferring the backpacks and soft-sided totes. Now that we're homebound and super-local, the Trucks have been unbelievably handy.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the Truck !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for The Truck!
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopping in here quickly to say: the Truck and the Monster Truck were both cut/in process on the factory floor when bag production stopped. So, they'll be two of the first designs we finish when we resume making bags. I'll be able to share the full list of the bags that were mid-process by the end of this week.

And... there's actually a new design that's part of the Truck family waiting to debut. So much has happened I honestly can't remember if I've hinted at it or not over the past two months. We're building its page now and it will debut soon, along with the pack Tom showed off in the Zoom and Nik's new versions of the Shadow Guide. By debut I mean: you'll have the opportunity to check out the design and see some photos (maybe sketches in some cases where we couldn't make finished samples?) and also sign up to be notified when they're available for order.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! I am so looking forward to getting a Truck and a Monster Truck! And now curious about the addition to the Truck family.

Thanks, TB crew!

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome — can’t wait to see more information on the new Shadow Guide!

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hopping in here quickly to say: the Truck and the Monster Truck were both cut/in process on the factory floor when bag production stopped. So, they'll be two of the first designs we finish when we resume making bags. I'll be able to share the full list of the bags that were mid-process by the end of this week.

And... there's actually a new design that's part of the Truck family waiting to debut. So much has happened I honestly can't remember if I've hinted at it or not over the past two months. We're building its page now and it will debut soon, along with the pack Tom showed off in the Zoom and Nik's new versions of the Shadow Guide. By debut I mean: you'll have the opportunity to check out the design and see some photos (maybe sketches in some cases where we couldn't make finished samples?) and also sign up to be notified when they're available for order.
    Oooh! Good! Shadow Guide! Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During the shipping shutdown I placed an order. I made a second order with the "add to held order". I received shipping confirmation emails yesterday afternoon. First order states UPS shipping with a Tracking Number included. The subsequent order has USPS shipping with no tracking number.

The initial post of this thread states all continental US shipping is via UPS Ground. Is the "USPS shipping method" a placeholder to make computer system work and all items shipped in the same box with the first order under tracking number or is the USPS labeled order separate but not include a tracking number?

I reached out via email to customer service Friday afternoon. I thought someone here may be able to relate their own experience or guidance.
    Last edited by organicfarmer; 05-23-2020 at 06:26 AM.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    During the shipping shutdown I placed an order. I made a second order with the "add to held order". I received shipping confirmation emails yesterday afternoon. First order states UPS shipping with a Tracking Number included. The subsequent order has USPS shipping with no tracking number.

The initial post of this thread states all continental US shipping is via UPS Ground. Is the "USPS shipping method" a placeholder to make computer system work and all items shipped in the same box with the first order under tracking number or is the USPS labeled order separate but not include a tracking number?

I reached out via email to customer service Friday afternoon. I thought someone here may be able to relate their own experience or guidance.
    I placed a bunch of orders (like 10, consisting of a few bags and various parts/accessories/pouches) during the shutdown and they all arrived in the same box via UPS (even though like yours, the e-mails said some would be shipped USPS). I didn't receive tracking numbers from TB for any of them, I only got a tracking number when I received an automated e-mail from UPS My Choice saying I had a delivery the next day.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Surrealle; 05-23-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're back to shipping orders for bags!

@organicfarmer ; I have the exact same experience. First order has UPS tracking info, for subsequent orders I have emails saying they've been shipped with USPS. This must indeed be a bug in (or limitation of) the TB e-commerce system. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't all be in a single UPS box.

FWIW I'm in the Netherlands. My order was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but got delayed because "it's missing required documentation" for the customs import. Perhaps it's a coincidence, but this might be related... Perhaps all items are in the box but it's missing documents for the items from the subsequent orders? Just speculating though.

Hoping for better luck on Monday with the UPS delivery. We're back to shipping orders for bags!
    Last edited by yvandermeer; 05-23-2020 at 07:08 AM.
    EDC: Synapse 19 (Ballistic Black/Wasabi) and Side Effect (Black Halcyon/UV). Shopping & family stuff: Truck (1x Nebulous Grey, 1x Black), Large Zip-Top Shopping Bag (Northwest Sky Halcyon), Daylight Backpack (Black Halcyon/Northwest Sky). Travel: Western Flyer (Steel/Island), various Yeoman Duffels (small Burnt Orange, small Verde, small Steel, medium Coyote).

The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by yvandermeer View Post
    @organicfarmer ; I have the exact same experience. First order has UPS tracking info, for subsequent orders I have emails saying they've been shipped with USPS. This must indeed be a bug in (or limitation of) the TB e-commerce system. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't all be in a single UPS box.

FWIW I'm in the Netherlands. My order was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but got delayed because "it's missing required documentation" for the customs import. Perhaps it's a coincidence, but this might be related... Perhaps all items are in the box but it's missing documents for the items from the subsequent orders? Just speculating though.

Hoping for better luck on Monday with the UPS delivery. We're back to shipping orders for bags!
    Long story short: the good news is that all of your orders shipped together in one box via the shipping method you chose for the first order. That the additional orders were showing as shipped via USPS w/no tracking number was indeed a bug; it's fixed now, so the next time we offer a pre-order with the option to add to the first order, this won't happen.

Seems odd about "missing documentation"; sometimes messages like that appear to explain a delay, but that's not actually the hold-up. If the package doesn't arrive by Tuesday, let us know and we'll give UPS a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    I placed a bunch of orders (like 10, consisting of a few bags and various parts/accessories/pouches) during the shutdown and they all arrived in the same box via UPS (even though like yours, the e-mails said some would be shipped USPS). I didn't receive tracking numbers from TB for any of them, I only got a tracking number when I received an automated e-mail from UPS My Choice saying I had a delivery the next day.

Hope this helps!
    Hmm. The UPS tracking # for your first order should have been emailed to you the day the order shipped; I'll look into this to see if it's a widespread issue.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgnsimmons3 View Post

Hi Darcy-

I had my hopes up for Sitka Halcyon in side effect or shop bag. Any chance this will be coming soon? Is it still happening?

Thank you!!!!
    Both will happen! Not sure when, but they will happen. Smilie

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    And... there's actually a new design that's part of the Truck family waiting to debut.
    Is it with moveable walls between sections?!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast