Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmm. The UPS tracking # for your first order should have been emailed to you the day the order shipped; I'll look into this to see if it's a widespread issue.
    Thanks! I googled the issue here and found one post about it way back in 2016, so I didn't think it was a systemic problem or worth bothering you guys about (at least not unless my shipment didn't show). I figured it was just because I went a little nuts with the multiple orders (and a couple cancellations), lol.

Anyways, it all showed up fine, so it wasn't a problem for me ultimately. Smilie
    Last edited by Surrealle; 05-23-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy I saw a really great combo on YouTube of the Synik with something like a royal blue exterior and the Iberian interior. I was told that this combo is retired, but I’m wondering if there are other combos in the hopper that might not be listed yet. Frankly, I was hoping for a kind of “loud” interior, so that’s; why I ask. Smilie

Thanks, and I can’t wait to order one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long story short: the good news is that all of your orders shipped together in one box via the shipping method you chose for the first order. That the additional orders were showing as shipped via USPS w/no tracking number was indeed a bug; it's fixed now, so the next time we offer a pre-order with the option to add to the first order, this won't happen.

Seems odd about "missing documentation"; sometimes messages like that appear to explain a delay, but that's not actually the hold-up. If the package doesn't arrive by Tuesday, let us know and we'll give UPS a call.

Hmm. The UPS tracking # for your first order should have been emailed to you the day the order shipped; I'll look into this to see if it's a widespread issue.
    @Darcy ;Just wanted to confirm that my package was delivered today! We're back to shipping orders for bags! Everything was in one UPS box like you said. Very happy with my new TB gear!
    EDC: Synapse 19 (Ballistic Black/Wasabi) and Side Effect (Black Halcyon/UV). Shopping & family stuff: Truck (1x Nebulous Grey, 1x Black), Large Zip-Top Shopping Bag (Northwest Sky Halcyon), Daylight Backpack (Black Halcyon/Northwest Sky). Travel: Western Flyer (Steel/Island), various Yeoman Duffels (small Burnt Orange, small Verde, small Steel, medium Coyote).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there only certain days of the week that orders get shipped out right now? The order I placed last Monday just stated that my order would be shipped the week of 5/25, so I was just wondering if it can ship any time this week or if they wait until Friday or something like that. I would email to ask this but I’ve sent a couple of emails since the day I ordered but they must be pretty busy because I haven’t received a reply as of yet.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by largefarva View Post
    Are there only certain days of the week that orders get shipped out right now? The order I placed last Monday just stated that my order would be shipped the week of 5/25, so I was just wondering if it can ship any time this week or if they wait until Friday or something like that. I would email to ask this but I’ve sent a couple of emails since the day I ordered but they must be pretty busy because I haven’t received a reply as of yet.
    We're shipping Monday - Friday (except this Monday, which was a holiday for our crew). Right now, orders for bags and face masks ship within 5 business days of the order being placed; we are giving our shipping crew this additional time to ship orders so that we can ensure safety, distancing, and some staggering of shifts while we work and to maintain a brisk and efficient yet reasonable pace of work. Our goal is to begin shipping orders within 1-3 business days by early June, and we are considering maintaining this shipping window into the future; it gives us some flexibility that helps us manage workflow and safety better, and hey, we're never going to be Amazon anyway Smilie

Sorry for the delayed response to your emails; we have been working through a very high volume of emails, many of which are requests for donation masks.

Hope this helps a bit!
    Last edited by Darcy; 05-27-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As it just so happens, I just received a reply saying my order likely won’t ship out until Friday. So I guess the 5 business day rule might be a little too ambitious still yet? Because that would have meant my order should have shipped by yesterday (taking into account Monday being a holiday of course).

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy If you could continue the ability to "add to held order" for a few days after your initial order, I'd actually welcome a delay in shipping. I've found that after I make a purchase, I tend to poke around on the forum or Youtube for info on that item and then realize there are accessories I want to have with it.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    @Darcy If you could continue the ability to "add to held order" for a few days after your initial order, I'd actually welcome a delay in shipping. I've found that after I make a purchase, I tend to poke around on the forum or Youtube for info on that item and then realize there are accessories I want to have with it.
    Yes please!

The far west
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by largefarva View Post
    As it just so happens, I just received a reply saying my order likely won’t ship out until Friday. So I guess the 5 business day rule might be a little too ambitious still yet? Because that would have meant my order should have shipped by yesterday (taking into account Monday being a holiday of course).
    This was my mistake; I added the note about "ships within five business days" to the website a few days too early. I'll make sure your orders ship today.

Orders received today/tomorrow and next week will ship within five business days of being placed.

However, orders placed last week took longer than five days to fulfill because we were still working through a backlog of orders as well as some large mask orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    Yes please!
    Noted! We're brainstorming ways to offer/do this.

We're working on some system-side stuff to get ready to offer our first pre-orders, as we expect that King County/Seattle may move to Phase 2 reopening in June, which will allow us to resume manufacturing bags. Could be as soon as next week.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy any updates on a timeline for when the discontinued list will be posted?

The far west
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    @Darcy any updates on a timeline for when the discontinued list will be posted?
    Soon, I hope! It won't be that many; maybe 7 designs total. Our current plan is to continue to stock a certain number of designs and for other designs to be offered as pre-orders based on sign-ups/demand, as opposed to retiring/discontinuing a substantial number of designs.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was my mistake; I added the note about "ships within five business days" to the website a few days too early. I'll make sure your orders ship today.

Orders received today/tomorrow and next week will ship within five business days of being placed.

However, orders placed last week took longer than five days to fulfill because we were still working through a backlog of orders as well as some large mask orders.

Noted! We're brainstorming ways to offer/do this.

We're working on some system-side stuff to get ready to offer our first pre-orders, as we expect that King County/Seattle may move to Phase 2 reopening in June, which will allow us to resume manufacturing bags. Could be as soon as next week.
    I got the shipment notifications earlier this afternoon. Thanks for asking to ship my orders today, it’s much appreciated.

I also just received an email from UPS informing me of the bag shipment, did you guys upgrade the shipping for my order? If so, I really appreciate it but you really didn’t have to do that at all. I’d really like to go ahead and pay the difference in shipping...so just let me know what I need to do. Thanks. Smilie

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that many; maybe 7 designs total
    Darcy, yer gonna give me a heart attack!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soon, I hope! It won't be that many; maybe 7 designs total. Our current plan is to continue to stock a certain number of designs and for other designs to be offered as pre-orders based on sign-ups/demand, as opposed to retiring/discontinuing a substantial number of designs.
    For once, I have a good timing pocking on the forum.

Darcy, please give us the heads up on the discontinued items, when you find out, which one they are.

Huge thank yous to the Crew for making such great masks! Big Cyber Hugs!

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    along with the pack Tom showed off in the Zoom
    I'm looking forward to that pack! I've been hunting for something like it that fits and is well made to replace a similar bag that's finally wearing out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast