Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    I'm looking forward to that pack! I've been hunting for something like it that fits and is well made to replace a similar bag that's finally wearing out.
    I guess I missed this. What was the bag like? Any screen grabs?

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a little bit like the Topo Design Daypack 2.0 but a little more “vintage” and a little less “hipster”. It looks absolutely fantastic. Cannot wait. It is meant to be like a beefed up Daylite Backpack.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by largefarva View Post
    I got the shipment notifications earlier this afternoon. Thanks for asking to ship my orders today, it’s much appreciated.

I also just received an email from UPS informing me of the bag shipment, did you guys upgrade the shipping for my order? If so, I really appreciate it but you really didn’t have to do that at all. I’d really like to go ahead and pay the difference in shipping...so just let me know what I need to do. Thanks. Smilie
    Nah, this one's on me. Makes me happy to be able to wave my magic wand and make things like that happen!

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    @Darcy any updates on a timeline for when the discontinued list will be posted?
    Darcy, yer gonna give me a heart attack!
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    For once, I have a good timing pocking on the forum.

Darcy, please give us the heads up on the discontinued items, when you find out, which one they are.

Huge thank yous to the Crew for making such great masks! Big Cyber Hugs!
    Okay, here's the early scoop. I was typing up the info here, but decided to post it as a blog post (it'll go out via email tomorrow):
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/bagupdates

Quote Originally Posted by father_dawg View Post
    I guess I missed this [the new daypack design Tom showed off on the FB group Zoom call]. What was the bag like? Any screen grabs?
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    I'm looking forward to that pack! I've been hunting for something like it that fits and is well made to replace a similar bag that's finally wearing out.
    Here's where Tom starts talking about the new pack in the FB group Zoom.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Darcy any updates on a timeline for when the discontinued list will be posted?
    Darcy, yer gonna give me a heart attack!
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    For once, I have a good timing pocking on the forum.

Darcy, please give us the heads up on the discontinued items, when you find out, which one they are.

Huge thank yous to the Crew for making such great masks! Big Cyber Hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Okay, here's the early scoop. I was typing up the info here, but decided to post it as a blog post (it'll go out via email tomorrow):
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/bagupdates

Hi @Darcy ,

Wow! The Pick-Up Truck really didn't last long, did it? And I wasn't expecting to see the Yeoman Duffels disappear so quickly, but I guess it makes sense in terms of your shift away from using 1050d Ballistic Nylon. Still, with the smaller existing inventories of the Mini and Small YDs (and I was watching the Mini stock go down as I scanned the product page), there's really not quite anything in this size niche given that the Night Flight Travel Duffel has also been retired. A lot of updates for the Recently Retired and Soon-To-Be Retired Designs thread.

I'm also just really glad that I have my Luminary 12 in both the previous and most recent versions.

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very glad that the Guide's Pack and its accessories survived the cut. Smilie Will be eagerly looking out for news on when they go into production again..

I wonder if we'll also see a new duffel bag offering, now that all existing duffel bag designs have been retired.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @Darcy ,

Wow! The Pick-Up Truck really didn't last long, did it? And I wasn't expecting to see the Yeoman Duffels disappear so quickly, but I guess it makes sense in terms of your shift away from using 1050d Ballistic Nylon. Still, with the smaller existing inventories of the Mini and Small YDs (and I was watching the Mini stock go down as I scanned the product page), there's really not quite anything in this size niche given that the Night Flight Travel Duffel has also been retired. A lot of updates for the Recently Retired and Soon-To-Be Retired Designs thread.

I'm also just really glad that I have my Luminary 12 in both the previous and most recent versions.

moriond
    Oh dear! Sorry to hear about the Yeoman Duffels! Such practical bags, no frills but perfect for so many uses.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're back to shipping orders for bags!

I have been dreaming of/waiting for the Luminary 12 in the new Ursa Ballistic 525. Oh well.

The Yeoman are practical. I love my aubergine and verde. The verde is the older model (the zippers do not lock).
    Last edited by Walker; 06-04-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up! I had the Pick Up Truck on my "maybe" list since I love my Truck so much. Just snagged one in Viridian!
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I have been dreaming of/waiting for the Luminary 12 in the new Ursa Ballistic 525. Oh well.

The Yeoman are practical. I love my aubergine and verde. The verde is the older model (the zippers do not lock).
    The Luminary 12 would've been great in Ursa. Know that we haven't ruled out making a different smaller backpack design in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I had the Pick Up Truck on my "maybe" list since I love my Truck so much. Just snagged one in Viridian!
    I'm glad you did. Note to everyone else: there was an inventory hiccup with the Pick-Up Truck, and we actually have less than we thought we did. There's a good amount of Nebulous, Burnt Orange, and Coyote, but far less of the other colors.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you did. Note to everyone else: there was an inventory hiccup with the Pick-Up Truck, and we actually have less than we thought we did. There's a good amount of Nebulous, Burnt Orange, and Coyote, but far less of the other colors.
    Ahh,

That explains the email from Kat that I responded to nearly two hours ago.

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the stowaway would return for a pre-order run. I wouldn't mind it in Ursa.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Darcy could TB make the Large masks in a lighter color like light blue?

Black attract the heat and it is already here in the U.S Midwest and will be in the northern hemisphere.

Speaking of mask size, even if one has a small face, don't neglect the size of your nose.

I was certain the small/medium would fit me but, my Cyrano ancestry made it too short to go over my chin.

the small/medium could go over my chin but was in danger of sliding down my nose.

Another question, is there a plan to make any of the about to be discontinued items in Constellation Blue?

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note to everyone else: there was an inventory hiccup with the Pick-Up Truck, and we actually have less than we thought we did. There's a good amount of Nebulous, Burnt Orange, and Coyote, but far less of the other colors.
    Does that mean demand has been higher than you thought and you might not cut it after all? *wink wink*

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can the pre-order be open for in-productions bags too? I would like to order a pick-up truck but don't need it urgently and don't mind waiting for other in-production bags to be in stock to save on shipping, but need to commit now before the remaining pick-up truck in the color I want gets snapped up.

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy links to the video in post 63. It starts around 39:06

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5