Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're back to shipping orders for bags!

Due to Phase 1 reopening in Washington State, we can now ship orders placed for bags!

See this blog post for more details.

Several weeks ago, when we asked for clarification as to whether we could ship existing stock of bags as well as masks, we were informed that bags were not considered essential: it wasn’t permissible to ship bags. We of course wanted to honor that decision, so that’s when we stopped shipping bags. Due to Phase 1 reopening in Washington State which allows retail stores to offer curbside pickup, we can offer curbside pickup and we can now ship orders placed for bags, which we’re really excited about for a number of reasons — mostly, we finally get to finally ship the bags you’ve been ordering!

We’ll continue to manufacture and offer “buy one, give one” Reusable Cloth Face Masks as we resume shipping bags; organizations/communities in need continue to send us many requests for donated masks.

Our first goal will be to ship all of the orders that have been placed in the last several weeks. Those of you who have pending orders will receive an email from us soon with more details. Thanks to some logistics and systems work, those of you with pending bag orders will be able to add Reusable Cloth Face Masks to your orders if you’d like to do so; the masks will be restocked on Tuesday. That also means that, beginning Tuesday, you can place one order that has bags and masks in it. After the existing orders ship, we’ll begin shipping new orders within 1-3 days of when they’re received.

We are also working on a list of designs and colors that will be retired immediately. Phase 2 is when non-essential manufacturing can resume, but Washington is still in Phase 1. It’s possible that once we’re in Phase 2 as a state, it will have been a couple of months since we were last able to manufacture bags — and because of that, it’s unlikely we will ever be able to catch up and restock everything. There are various bags in mid-process on the factory floor, and we’ll make a list of those bags as they likely include some of the designs that will be retired. I realize that’s a lot of big news in a few sentences. We’re having a lot of conversations and brainstorming about how the company will look going forward: we want it to be sustainable, exciting, innovative and scrappy and strong for us and for you guys too. I'll share more information as soon as I have it.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Southeastern IN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoohoo! 🌷🌷

NJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news!
    EDC: Black Halcyon DLBP | Nebulous Gray Luminary 15 ~ Work Carry: Black Ristretto ~ Fun Carry: Black Medium Yeoman Duffel | Coyote Road Duffel

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll understand if you don't have the answer to this just yet, but in case you do--will the retired designs typically be replaced with others over time, or are you downsizing your offerings entirely?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy thank you very much for the update!

Will the Guide's Pack or any of its accessories be retired?

I just got a Guide's Pack recently and I've been waiting for all its accessories to be back in stock in Navy parapack before placing an order. I really hope they'll still be available in the near future.

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information @Darcy ! I had wondered if you still plan to debut all of the items that were talked about before Corona happened. Is there still going to be a smaller SG? Or that sling bag? I understand if they won’t debut soon, but are they somewhere in the future?

The far west
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    I'll understand if you don't have the answer to this just yet, but in case you do--will the retired designs typically be replaced with others over time, or are you downsizing your offerings entirely?
    Still working on the answer; just wanted to let you know I saw this question!

Quote Originally Posted by roychen View Post
    @Darcy thank you very much for the update!

Will the Guide's Pack or any of its accessories be retired?

I just got a Guide's Pack recently and I've been waiting for all its accessories to be back in stock in Navy parapack before placing an order. I really hope they'll still be available in the near future.
    If the Guide's Pack is retired, it'll only be semi-retired; as in, we will offer it for pre-order every now and then. I don't we'll expect to be able to restock the pockets anytime soon, though they would *probably* be offered alongside a Guide's Pack in pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Thanks for the information @Darcy ! I had wondered if you still plan to debut all of the items that were talked about before Corona happened. Is there still going to be a smaller SG? Or that sling bag? I understand if they won’t debut soon, but are they somewhere in the future?
    Some will debut, but others won't. I do expect the smaller Shadow Guide will debut at some point; not sure about the slings, as Nik would need to dig back into those designs to finish them... he hasn't worked on them for maybe 4 months or so. They're super cool though so I hope he does!

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    If the Guide's Pack is retired, it'll only be semi-retired; as in, we will offer it for pre-order every now and then. I don't we'll expect to be able to restock the pockets anytime soon, though they would *probably* be offered alongside a Guide's Pack in pre-order.
    Thank you Darcy, that's heartening news. Please allow me to cast a vote for restocking the Left / Right / Admin Pockets and also including them in any pre-orders, should you all decide to semi-retire the Guide's Pack.

I'm not in a rush to get them, but I really do want to complete my set, so to speak. I'm not even sure I have a use for the Pockets just yet, but I'd like to have them just in case.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited about the idea of a smaller Shadow Guide at some point in the future!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anticipating a sling and can’t wait to see what ya’ll have came up with. Hopefully sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We’re having a lot of conversations and brainstorming about how the company will look going forward: we want it to be sustainable, exciting, innovative and scrappy and strong for us and for you guys too. I'll share more information as soon as I have it.
    Would it be fair to say that product line will shift to more home, office, grocery, and EDC items than travel for the near term future? The number of people traveling for work or leisure is certainly down and needs to continue low for some time. I suspect customer needs have shifted and TB line will follow accordingly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of home gear, I would love a zip-away water bottle sleeve in the center compartment of the Trucks! (Similar to the one in the Luminary.)

And/or a way to stash a laptop in that central compartment - a Freudian Slip for the Monster Truck? Maybe one that opens either from the top or the side, so it can be used vertically/horizontally with either the Truck or Monster Truck. I'm always carrying things up and down stairs, and my water bottle/computer tend to be the heaviest things but they aren't very balanced in the Truck/Pickup Truck unless I pad the spaces out. #wishlistitems

Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    Would it be fair to say that product line will shift to more home, office, grocery, and EDC items than travel for the near term future? The number of people traveling for work or leisure is certainly down and needs to continue low for some time. I suspect customer needs have shifted and TB line will follow accordingly.

The far west
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roychen View Post
    Thank you Darcy, that's heartening news. Please allow me to cast a vote for restocking the Left / Right / Admin Pockets and also including them in any pre-orders, should you all decide to semi-retire the Guide's Pack.

I'm not in a rush to get them, but I really do want to complete my set, so to speak. I'm not even sure I have a use for the Pockets just yet, but I'd like to have them just in case.
    Noted re: Guide's Pack and pockets!

Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    Excited about the idea of a smaller Shadow Guide at some point in the future!
    Me too. Smilie My guess is this will be a very popular pack, esp. with the design updates that Nik made.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyprincess1112 View Post
    Anticipating a sling and can’t wait to see what ya’ll have came up with. Hopefully sooner than later.
    Will let Nik know, maybe that'll inspire him to pick up the sling designs again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    We have some new designs in the bank right now; I think seeing the response to those, combined with listening/taking in the feedback here, via email, on the FB group, reddit, etc. will help inform what feature designs we work on. And there will always be designs that Tom or Nik work on just because they want to -- because it's a bag they'd use themselves, or it's an idea they want to see be made real.

Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Speaking of home gear, I would love a zip-away water bottle sleeve in the center compartment of the Trucks! (Similar to the one in the Luminary.)

And/or a way to stash a laptop in that central compartment - a Freudian Slip for the Monster Truck? Maybe one that opens either from the top or the side, so it can be used vertically/horizontally with either the Truck or Monster Truck. I'm always carrying things up and down stairs, and my water bottle/computer tend to be the heaviest things but they aren't very balanced in the Truck/Pickup Truck unless I pad the spaces out. #wishlistitems
    I like that suggestion a lot; Tom was talking about a "Laptop Truck" and this fits right in with that.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy

I originally didn't want to ask as I know y'all are probably getting bombarded with questions, but since it appears you use these inquiries to help determine demand--any idea if the Brain Bag will be coming back in stock? I've really got my eye on a deep blue one!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Surrealle; 05-12-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Washington, DC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope there aren't any plans for retiring Burnt Orange 🥺 I was hoping to get another Monster Truck and a Co-Pilot but I can't justify them right now (and since I got furloughed I'm not sure when I will be able too).
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut 30, Monster Truck, Travel Tray

“...a book is a fragile creature, it suffers the wear of time, it fears rodents, the elements, clumsy hands. If for a hundred and a hundred years everyone had been able freely to handle our codices, the majority of them would no longer exist. So the librarian protects them not only against mankind but also against nature, and devotes his life to this war with the forces of oblivion, the enemy of truth.”
    ― Umberto Eco

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast