Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pictures, @moriond . And for the info on the Monster Truck, @haraya . I emailed TB to see if any Mars Red PUTs were hiding away, and they said no. I will consider the Monster Truck once it is back in stock. I love the Mars Red-have a MCB in that color.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    These were my pictures of a Mars Red Pick-Up Truck posted in December in response to @Walker ís questions about this bag:

The Mars Red stock initially held up pretty well, when the announcement went out that these were being discontinued. Itís just that all these bags started disappearing once that happened. I was caught up in the Aubergine inventory issue; even though there appeared to be plenty when I placed my order, soon after the announcement, they actually had been oversold. In the e-mail correspondence that followed, I kept suggesting alternative colors that were in stock, but then by the time I got a reply, they would be sold out. This happened with Viridian and Black as the first set of alternatives, then with Island and Nebulous Grey ó but one Island came back on Thursday, so I grabbed it for the email follow-up, and one Viridian reappeared appeared on Saturday, which I ordered separately (it just arrived this weekend).

moriond
    Is that figment?! I hate figment haha
    Thatís kind of mean. I donít really hate figment but heís not my favorite. I eventually learned the ride was waaayyy better before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    These were my pictures of a Mars Red Pick-Up Truck posted in December in response to @Walker ís questions about this bag:

The Mars Red stock initially held up pretty well, when the announcement went out that these were being discontinued. Itís just that all these bags started disappearing once that happened. I was caught up in the Aubergine inventory issue; even though there appeared to be plenty when I placed my order, soon after the announcement, they actually had been oversold. In the e-mail correspondence that followed, I kept suggesting alternative colors that were in stock, but then by the time I got a reply, they would be sold out. This happened with Viridian and Black as the first set of alternatives, then with Island and Nebulous Grey ó but one Island came back on Thursday, so I grabbed it for the email follow-up, and one Viridian reappeared appeared on Saturday, which I ordered separately (it just arrived this weekend).

moriond
    I grabbed a Mars Red Pickup Truck as soon as they announced the retirement. Those things went fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Indiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will chime in on the PUT love here. I got one in Dawn on a whim a couple of months ago with the intention of using it as a bag to pack my knitting, drinks, mittens, etc. for football games & track meets. I have since returned to the office and am afraid to use our ice maker, so I load it up with my SE, knitting and several steel water bottles with ice water from home. My phone goes in the front pocket and mask in the back. I can also easily clip my keys and masks to the o-rings. I carry it with my DLBP that houses my laptop, pen case, journal, SSC, etc. I managed to snag a Viridian and Black PUT for my mom & aunt for their July birthdays. If they ever put a few more PUTs out there, I'll buy them in a heartbeat for gifts. They're really great.

Also, as soon as TB stated the PUT was being discontinued, PackHacker posted a glowing review of it on their site! It seems like PackHacker is a big TB fan.
    Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retired and all sold out! I’m patiently waiting for The Truck to be restocked.

Chris D.
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pick Up Truck is a near perfect road trip bag - got my chargers and cables, coffee thermos, and snacks all handy! Really glad I snagged one.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is 12:43pm Oregon time Thursday July 2nd. Alphaviolet Pick-Up Truck is in stock ..... with the only a few left notation. Hope someone who wants one sees this.

Karen

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be a Grass PUT starting its way back to the other coast tonight. I just couldn't get into the color given the price, but I'm sure someone with different tastes will love it.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by setrombley View Post
    There will be a Grass PUT starting its way back to the other coast tonight. I just couldn't get into the color given the price, but I'm sure someone with different tastes will love it.
    I would so love the opportunity to pick up this little truck.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely call or email TB, see if they can set it aside for you!

Quote Originally Posted by conversa View Post
    I would so love the opportunity to pick up this little truck.
    Last edited by haraya; 07-28-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered the grass PUT. Thank you dear forum members for enabling my Tom Bihn predilections.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the Pick-Up Truck-66fbea5d-0977-4756-bda4-f077b89d0309-jpeg

The Pick-Up Truck in Grass just arrived and I am smitten. It’s the cutest pop of color in my collection. Thank you, @setrombley for letting it go. Grass is what I would have chosen, had there been an actual choice of colors. I will be using it to carry my Solaris HLT when I can’t go minimal. Yay!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad someone else is enjoying it!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (And I hope that someday the PUT can make a comeback limited run, since it sounds like TB is considering shifting in that direction for much of its product line. I still want my own...)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by setrombley View Post
    (And I hope that someday the PUT can make a comeback limited run, since it sounds like TB is considering shifting in that direction for much of its product line. I still want my own...)
    If they ever do a limited run of the Pick-Up Truck in the future, I hope they will make this in Logic Blue 630d (see my recent post about this in the In Praise of the Truck Family thread, and @sturbridge ’s follow up post).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast