Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the Pick-Up Truck

Ordered my Aubergine Pick-Up Truck on June 3rd and UPS delivered it today. Thanks to Tom Bihn crew for amazingly quick service. I like the Pick-Up Truck so much I ordered another, this time in Burnt Orange. I can see this being a very useful bag both at home and on the go and it is darn cute and makes me happy. If you've been thinking about one buy before they are gone.

Once we're comfortable going out in the world again it will work great for picnics or visits to local wineries. The center section is big enough that plastic compartmentalized trays that are approximately 9 1/2 by 12 fit diagonally with a bottle of wine (or a wine and a water bottle) on either side. There is room for snacks or whatever in the end sections. Alternatively wine bottles fit in the end sections and food/snacks can go in the middle section. The trick will be to balance heavy items for easier carrying. The handles are comfortable so that is another plus. I'm thinking for picnics utensils can go in a baggy in a A5 ghost whale.

For home use it can hold books or magazines or craft/sewing items or any variety of things that need to be contained.

I love that a Side Effect fits in an outside pocket as does my Ipad Mini in a Belkin Case.
    Last edited by kjquilts; 06-05-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Montana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered a Burnt Orange PU Truck too! I figure it would make a great gym bag, or just carrying stuff from downstairs to upstairs to downstairs, etc. in my house.
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh.. I was holding out because I already have a tote this size (although not from TB) as well as a small shop bag, but dang it, you guys finally convinced me. =P

Got one in Neb Grey on the way. (Hey, at least it rhymes, right?)

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pick Up Truck is great when you need just a couple of items from the grocery store. And it's a good gym bag too.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that we can do much visiting right now, but I like the Pick Up Truck to bring things over to friends for a gathering (bottle of wine, cheese, crackers, etc)... it was the picnic pack out photos that led me to try it out the first time.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjquilts View Post
    Ordered my Aubergine Pick-Up Truck on June 3rd and UPS delivered it today. Thanks to Tom Bihn crew for amazingly quick service. I like the Pick-Up Truck so much I ordered another, this time in Burnt Orange. I can see this being a very useful bag both at home and on the go and it is darn cute and makes me happy. If you've been thinking about one buy before they are gone.

Once we're comfortable going out in the world again it will work great for picnics or visits to local wineries. The center section is big enough that plastic compartmentalized trays that are approximately 9 1/2 by 12 fit diagonally with a bottle of wine (or a wine and a water bottle) on either side. There is room for snacks or whatever in the end sections. Alternatively wine bottles fit in the end sections and food/snacks can go in the middle section. The trick will be to balance heavy items for easier carrying. The handles are comfortable so that is another plus. I'm thinking for picnics utensils can go in a baggy in a A5 ghost whale.

For home use it can hold books or magazines or craft/sewing items or any variety of things that need to be contained.

I love that a Side Effect fits in an outside pocket as does my Ipad Mini in a Belkin Case.

The A5 GW works great for picnic utensils. I use a mesh one.
    Attached Images Attached Images Love the Pick-Up Truck-img_0839-jpg 

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey where did you get those cutlery holders?

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your utensil holders look great. Did you make them, @labrain ?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have made made them before for gifts. Pretty simple really. But these are from Etsy. Search for "cutlery pouch".

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another LOVE for the Pick Ip Truck. Mine is aubergine. It was my EDC bag before COVID-19 made me work from home.

I was hoping to buy one in seapine green or wilderness green but it looks like neither is not going to happen.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been 10 days since Aubergine Pick-Up Truck arrived and I'm still in love with it. It sits on ottoman in front of couch and holds many important things used every day. Middle section holds blood pressure monitor and a small travel tray with the tv remote, wave cable remote and gas fireplace remote. These three remotes aren't used near as often as the Fire Stick remote which has its own home in one of the outside center pockets. My Ipad Mini, Hobonichi Weeks that I use for health stats recording and Iphone 7 Plus fit in one of the side sections. The other side section holds a variety of reading glasses and whatever book I'm reading. The burnt orange and black Pick-Up Trucks won't have such clearly delineated purpose but both will be used and enjoyed. If you've been thinking about a Pick-Up Truck you might want to jump on it before they are all gone.

Minnesota - Land of 10,000 Seasons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so bummed that the Pick-Up Truck has been discontinued. I missed out on my favorite (Aubergine) and second favorite (classic Black) colors, but was able to grab one in Nebulous Grey. It has easily become my go to bag during stay-at-home. I have all my daily essentials corralled and easily transported throughout the day. It is the perfect size for so many things. I can only hope they they will do an additional run or two so I can pick up an Aubergine (to match my Truck!) and Black one some day. A girl can dream, after all!
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have loved a Mars Red one...did they make those? Does someone have one that needs a new home?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like they did make the Pick-Up Truck in Mars:

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post191113

The Monster Truck has Mars listed as "In Production", if a different size will satisfy you.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    I would have loved a Mars Red one...did they make those? Does someone have one that needs a new home?
    These were my pictures of a Mars Red Pick-Up Truck posted in December in response to @Walker ís questions about this bag:

The Mars Red stock initially held up pretty well, when the announcement went out that these were being discontinued. Itís just that all these bags started disappearing once that happened. I was caught up in the Aubergine inventory issue; even though there appeared to be plenty when I placed my order, soon after the announcement, they actually had been oversold. In the e-mail correspondence that followed, I kept suggesting alternative colors that were in stock, but then by the time I got a reply, they would be sold out. This happened with Viridian and Black as the first set of alternatives, then with Island and Nebulous Grey ó but one Island came back on Thursday, so I grabbed it for the email follow-up, and one Viridian reappeared appeared on Saturday, which I ordered separately (it just arrived this weekend).

moriond

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast