Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    I ordered the Synik 22 in Mars Red 525.
    Welcome to the Forums @Sammy ! Hope you enjoy your new Synik 22 Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

DC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @Sammy ,
    Thanks for delurking and making your first post! Were you influenced by the YouTube video review that @mrbrown made in making your choice of a Mars Red Synik 22?
    I had not seen that video -- thank you for sharing it. The Mars Red is a bit out of character (I usually prefer earthier colors). I must have been feeling bold!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a synik22 in black ballistic with Island interior for my husband (his first Tom Bihn bag!) and I am getting a Synik22 in Nebulous grey ballistic with Solaris interior (oh my it's so pretty). I hope my S19 original halcyon/wasabi won't be jealous.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @Nadia ,

I first saw the Nebulous Grey Ballistic / Solaris combination posted for the Syniks that were going into production at the end of January. This is a really beautiful combination that I’ve only been able to admire from the product pictures. My own Synik 22 from the original production batch (long before there was even a rumor of Solaris) is Nebulous Grey / Dawn. I hope there will be lots of pictures posted of the combinations with Solaris!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
    We bought a synik22 in black ballistic with Island interior for my husband (his first Tom Bihn bag!) and I am getting a Synik22 in Nebulous grey ballistic with Solaris interior (oh my it's so pretty). I hope my S19 original halcyon/wasabi won't be jealous.
    moriond

P.S. I retain a fondness for the earlier 400d Halcyon combinations. My Synapse 25 is Steel 400d Halcyon/Wasabi.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t need another backpack, I don’t need another backpack, I don’t need another backpack... EEK!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deep Blue/Solaris Synik 22 for me! Been waiting patiently for the S19 to come back in Deep Blue, but no luck, not even in the used department. So might as well just order new and enjoy Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @NParker ,

Deep Blue/Solaris should be a terrific combination. I’m one of the folks who had items in Navy/Solar when it was available (the Side Effect, Cadet, and Western Flyer). I think that part of the reason that you’ve had trouble finding the Synapse 19 in Deep Blue is that they paired the last batches of Deep Blue S19s with Iberian Halcyon, which was being discontinued (and now is discontinued). At the end of March I posted #2253, dated 03-30-2020) a response to a query about whether they would make the Synik 30 in Deep Blue / Iberian again. This quoted the notice of the plans for retiring Iberian, and my observations that the last major accessory production batch in Iberian from January (3D Organizer Cubes) had all sold out, and that the only large bags in Iberian still in stock were the Deep Blue / Iberian S19s with bound straps. Over the next few days I saw all those S19s quickly disappear, along with all the Iberian accessories that I’d mentioned were still around in small quantities at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by NParker View Post
    Deep Blue/Solaris Synik 22 for me! Been waiting patiently for the S19 to come back in Deep Blue, but no luck, not even in the used department. So might as well just order new and enjoy Smilie
    So… as you say, enjoy your upcoming Synik 22. And Solaris!

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Synik 30 for camera gear. Can't wait!!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love the s30 ge but is now wondering about getting a regular s30 for the cleaner look.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIMT View Post
    A Synik 30 for camera gear. Can't wait!!!
    Will look forward to seeing how you organize it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't ordered yet but my first choice was the S30 in Deep Blue/Solaris. I want to have a bright interior but I feel like the bag is going to be yelling at me every time I open it.
    I think I'm just overthinking it because it's an expensive purchase. I'm sure I can always return for a different color but I don't want to go through the hassle. I think I'll love it though.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhall9123 View Post
    I haven't ordered yet but my first choice was the S30 in Deep Blue/Solaris. I want to have a bright interior but I feel like the bag is going to be yelling at me every time I open it.
    I think I'm just overthinking it because it's an expensive purchase. I'm sure I can always return for a different color but I don't want to go through the hassle. I think I'll love it though.
    Welcome to the Forums @bhall9123 !

I don't think you should be afraid of Solaris... it's not yelling so much as shinning a sunny happy light Smilie
    Seriously though, you're going to be carrying all sorts of random stuff inside, so it's not like all you'll see is the interior fabric in one solid mass... and a lot of folks specifically like the brighter interiors because it makes it easier to see what is inside, YMMV.

Regardless, I hope you pick one that you like. Don't forget that the pre-order closes on the 15th unless it sells out sooner.
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/junesynikpreorder
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @bhall9123 !

I don't think you should be afraid of Solaris... it's not yelling so much as shinning a sunny happy light Smilie
    Seriously though, you're going to be carrying all sorts of random stuff inside, so it's not like all you'll see is the interior fabric in one solid mass... and a lot of folks specifically like the brighter interiors because it makes it easier to see what is inside, YMMV.

Regardless, I hope you pick one that you like. Don't forget that the pre-order closes on the 15th unless it sells out sooner.
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/junesynikpreorder
    Haha yeah the reason I want the Solaris in the first place is because I can see inside the back better but your right about most of my stuff blocking the bag.
    I just ordered it. Now I have to wait patiently. Itís my first Tom Bihn bag so Iím looking forward to it. Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Will look forward to seeing how you organize it!
    Can anyone help me with this? I have tried numerous "camera" bags and thought the S30 might be a good shell for something with the clam shell opening. Everything fits in my S25 BUT it is hard to get things from the bottom.

I'd appreciate any advice on what others have done. My gear list includes mirrorless Sony camera, two prime lenses, three speed lights, flash controller, and various accessories like clamps, scrim fabric, batteries, chargers, etc...

Looked at a few different insert options but the problem is my load varies from sometimes one camera and lens to the full load. Also despise the bulk of inserts. Looking for some creative solutions with flexibility.
    Last edited by SKIMT; 06-14-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made my order last night, and now I wait to see how it comes out.

I picked up the Synik 30 in Mars Red; a mini-ghost whale; a key strap; and some strap keepers. I hope a Snake Charmer will get produced before the order ships to save on shipping, but I think that sets me up for now.

Thanks for this thread and the others. It helped in making some decisions, and I hope this doesn’t end up being too much bag. I don’t want to have to make a decision like for something like a computer bag again anytime soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2