Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pre-orders of Syniks for August are live; what did you order?

Just wanted to say that the Preorder pages for the Syniks went live a few minutes ago.

moriond

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just restocked Strap Keepers as well!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Just wanted to say that the Preorder pages for the Syniks went live a few minutes ago.

moriond
    I just ordered two Synik 22: Aubergine/NWS for me and Deep Blue/Solaris for my husband! Embarrassment

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    I just ordered two Synik 22: Aubergine/NWS for me and Deep Blue/Solaris for my husband! Embarrassment
    I wonder how many pre-orders we’ll see in Solaris? I know that lots of folks have been waiting for this.

moriond

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a Synik22 in Aubergine at 11:01 (East Texas time). Just kinda wish It had a different interior color , would have loved an Aubergine and coyote halcyon but none the less Iím excited. First bag or really anything in Aubergine so I hope it really is prettier in person like all TB bags Iíve gotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how many pre-orders we’ll see in Solaris? I know that lots of folks have been waiting for this.

moriond
    I'm trying to find that color; is there an available online swatch for that? I can't decide on the color I want for the exterior, though.

Mars Red isn't as red as I'd like, and black seems a little boring. I've already got a grey aeronaut, so I may end up with a blue one of some king. If I go with a black or grey one, though, I'll trick it out with red zipper ties...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @father_dawg ,

There is a comparison picture that @pammy posted comparing a swatch of the new Solaris with her older 200d Solar Side Effect:

To me, it looked about the color of the old Solar (Halcyon) keystraps, that were a couple of layers thick (so they looked darker and more golden that the same fabric used in pouches).

Here is a picture that @G42 posted of her Guide's Edition Synik 22 in Wilderness with All-fabric 3D Organizer Cubes in the new 200d Coyote and Solaris Halcyon:

And here's a picture that @lizziejean3 posted of her 3D Organizer Cube in Solaris, along with various colors of the Double Swivel Organizer Clips

(looks like Large and Medium sizes in Black, Small sizes in Island, Solar, and Ultraviolet)

It looks like a slightly more saturated version of the original Solar.

Here's another picture from a post that @conversa made of her Solaris HLT1 with Verde Mini Yeoman Duffel and Wasabi Zip Top Shop Bag
    Pre-orders of Syniks for August are live; what did you order?-bd0969a4d3081b9e1947e50f491d9cd4-jpg

The outer lighting in @G42 's picture probably shows the color more accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by father_dawg View Post
    I'm trying to find that color; is there an available online swatch for that? I can't decide on the color I want for the exterior, though.

Mars Red isn't as red as I'd like, and black seems a little boring. I've already got a grey aeronaut, so I may end up with a blue one of some king. If I go with a black or grey one, though, I'll trick it out with red zipper ties...
    There aren't any swatches of Solaris in @gochicken 's Pantone Color Pictures thread -- it's too new. But you can find the original Solar there, and some pretty accurate pictures of Mars Red.

I think that Deep Blue/Solaris is a really good combination here. As for the other blues, I'll be interested to see whether Constellation is a lot more popular than it was in the Guide's Edition Synik orders. First, a lot more people have seen it in person, and commented on it; secondly, I think there are more people who will select this with the black trim as opposed to Coyote (although even with the Coyote trim, one person who ordered both Ursa and Constellation in different sizes said that he'd wish he'd switched the two sizes and colors, because he would have preferred to use Constellation for his more frequent carry, and didn't expect that).

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 06-08-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping one of the mods might know the answer to this question. Iíve already emailed customer service to ask. Will the new 400d halcyon color be paired with Solaris on a future Synik production run? I am eyeballing a black halcyon/Solaris Synik but am thinking about waiting to see what the new 400d color will be. Decisions, decisions.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I am hoping one of the mods might know the answer to this question. I’ve already emailed customer service to ask. Will the new 400d halcyon color be paired with Solaris on a future Synik production run? I am eyeballing a black halcyon/Solaris Synik but am thinking about waiting to see what the new 400d color will be. Decisions, decisions.
    Hi @pammy ,

The mods (or at least this mod) don't know the answer to your question. There was this really intriguing post by @Darcy :

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Good news: that new 400D Halcyon color is on its way to us from Japan and is somewhere on a boat right now. We'd guess it will be delivered in about 3-4 weeks; when it's actually here at the factory, I will be able to share more. In the meantime, here's an interesting detail.... we ordered the same new color in both 400d and 200d. That's the first time we've ever done that. The 400d has the black grid and the 200d has the white grid, so the color appears slightly different to our eyes even though it's actually the same exact color in both fabrics.
    As far as I know, that information popped out of the blue, and leads to all sorts of speculation about what the 400d Halcyon color might be: Dark grid Coyote? Dark grid Sitka? (We already have folks chomping at the bit to know when 200d Sitka is going to appear). And, by the way, I'm still waiting for the 200d Halcyon Side Effects and wish that they had also made these before they retired Iberian. I managed to get a Coyote Iberian Pocket Pouch after seeing one posted on the forums, in one of my orders just before everything shifted entirely to mask production. It came with a card that said "I'm pretty sure this is the only Coyote/Iberian Pocket Pouch in the whole store", which made me feel as though I had made a lot of extra work for someone by including that request note about colors in my order.

When in doubt, if you think you won't get a definitive answer before the preorder closes, place your order in good faith. That way, if you suddenly find out that there will e another Halcyon color combination that you like better, you can cancel or return -- and I'm sure someone will gratefully pick it up. But, it's too easy to think wistfully about missed opportunities.

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @pammy ,

The mods (or at least this mod) don't know the answer to your question. There was this really intriguing post by @Darcy :

As far as I know, that information popped out of the blue, and leads to all sorts of speculation about what the 400d Halcyon color might be: Dark grid Coyote? Dark grid Sitka? (We already have folks chomping at the bit to know when 200d Sitka is going to appear). And, by the way, I'm still waiting for the 200d Halcyon Side Effects and wish that they had also made these before they retired Iberian. I managed to get a Coyote Iberian Pocket Pouch after seeing one posted on the forums, in one of my orders just before everything shifted entirely to mask production. It came with a card that said "I'm pretty sure this is the only Coyote/Iberian Pocket Pouch in the whole store", which made me feel as though I had made a lot of extra work for someone by including that request note about colors in my order.

When in doubt, if you think you won't get a definitive answer before the preorder closes, place your order in good faith. That way, if you suddenly find out that there will e another Halcyon color combination that you like better, you can cancel or return -- and I'm sure someone will gratefully pick it up. But, it's too easy to think wistfully about missed opportunities.

moriond
    @moriond ,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Iíve been so close to pulling the trigger on many Synik color combinations, the last one being the GE version, but have resisted so far. Yet I hear the siren call of Solaris that wonít be ignored. I think the reason I have been so undecided is because Iím really not sure which size to order. I am only 4í11Ē and most likely the Synik 25 will be big on me, but I think I still prefer it to the 19. I know the answer is to order both and then decide after test packing.

I canít wait for the 200d Side Effects to go into production. I know Darcy said that wasabi and Iberian might return as limited edition colors, right? So maybe they will produce some SEs in those colors. I would love an Iberian one to use as a little first aid bag. Right now I am using my 200d steel dyneema SE to hold all my necessary items when I have to run out to the store. Thankfully, it stays close to my body and doesnít touch any potentially contaminated surfaces
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyprincess1112 View Post
    I ordered a Synik22 in Aubergine at 11:01 (East Texas time). Just kinda wish It had a different interior color , would have loved an Aubergine and coyote halcyon but none the less I’m excited. First bag or really anything in Aubergine so I hope it really is prettier in person like all TB bags I’ve gotten.

I would have loved to see an Aubergine/Coyote Halcyon also, but will be quite happy with the Aubergine/NWS. Aubergine is truly beautiful, and the NWS will be a nice background for a variety of colors in accessories. I have never been a purple person, but I fell in love with Aubergine everything and can’t get enough of it!Heart Eyes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    I would have loved to see an Aubergine/Coyote Halcyon also, but will be quite happy with the Aubergine/NWS. Aubergine is truly beautiful, and the NWS will be a nice background for a variety of colors in accessories. I have never been a purple person, but I fell in love with Aubergine everything and canít get enough of it!Heart Eyes
    Iím really excited about Aubergine now thanks to u @Wanderlust77 . Iím sure pictures doesnít do the color any justice. Every bag/tote/truck etc. Iíve received Iím just in awe with the colors and shades they change to with certain lights and conditions. Iím weird about stuff like that Pre-orders of Syniks for August are live; what did you order?. The NWS will go with everything and is a lot calmer than the island blue in my Synapse 19 not sure what I was thinking there.

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I really like my Synik 30 in Navy Parapack/Steel Parapack, it's HUGE and not getting any use so I'm thinking of ordering the Synik 22 version. I'm surprised that this combination is available as I thought that there isn't much Steel Parapack left. Its availability has tossed my mind into a loop because I already have the Guide's Edition so I don't need another S22.

The Navy Parapack is so beautiful, but it looks lacklustre next to the Constellation GE S22. While I love Constellation because medium/sky blue is one of my absolute favourite colours, I've concerns about dirt over long term use (just ask my 3+ year old French Blue Synapse 19). I like the Steel Parapack interior too, which may not be available after this pre-order. Hence comes the consideration to order the Navy Parapack S22.

I like having matching travel bags and was planning to get the Constellation A45, but due the uncertainty with air travel rules with the current situation, the high possibility of needing to check in the A45 horrifies me. So I'm holding off buying the A45 for now. Maybe we'll get the Trinity in Navy Parapack before August? Wink

*Just emptying the thoughts swirling in my head. Hopefully by throwing them out here I can make the decision process easier.*

DC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered the Synik 22 in Mars Red 525. It should make a nice EDC for times I'd rather have a backpack than my Pilot. I think that will be mostly around the city. (The A45 + Pilot have been a fantastic combination for extended work visits to Asia. The A45 has needed to be checked more often than I'd like but has held up well)
    Last edited by Sammy; 06-09-2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    I ordered the Synic 22 in Mars Red 525. It should make a nice EDC for times I'd rather have a backpack than my Pilot. I think that will be mostly around the city. (The A45 + Pilot have been a fantastic combination for extended work visits to Asia. The A45 has needed to be checked more often than I'd like but has held up well)
    Hi @Sammy ,
    Thanks for delurking and making your first post! Were you influenced by the YouTube video review that @mrbrown made in making your choice of a Mars Red Synik 22?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast