Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Praise of the Truck Family

For me the Truck family have been the unsung heroes in my bag collection for lockdown life.

I could use my Synapse or Synik, but the easygoing nature of the Truck, its stand up shape, and handy large pockets make it a natural fit for keeping organized with work and recreation as I move around the house. Now that I've been working from the yard, I can load up my things for the day, which include my laptop, a notebook, a water bottle, snacks, and bug repellant, and go out confident that I have everything I'll need for the day, from attending remote meetings to staying well hydrated.

It's easy to pack up my things when I'm done for the day and just pick up and go.

The Monster Truck has been wonderful for lounging around, easily swallowing up a blanket and a lantern, a pair of backpacking chairs, snacks and more. When it's time for errands, the Monster Truck easily swallows 2 weeks of groceries.

I've ordered a pair of Pick-Up Trucks and I'm so excited to see how they make my life more convenient.

Before being stuck at home, I struggled to see how the Trucks would fit into my daily life. I bike commute or train commute nearly everywhere, making backpacks more suitable for the task. (The Trucks really shine for in-car organization!) But now that I'm experiencing more local, more slow, more home, the Trucks have been ideal. I'm planning to add at least one more Truck to my bag family.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Praise of the Truck Family

You will love the pick up truck. I have 2 with another on the way. I use it every day for just going room to room with a tt in the middle with all my daily essentials (eye drops, lip balm, glasses,etc. ) Slide my phone in outside pocket. Airpods clipped to o ring and a bunch of other things I'm needing quick access to. Also put my iPad pro in the left compartment. I use it for an over flow bag when I'm 1 bagging it for my shoes/rain jacket etc...
    Also great for car rides for snacks, chargers,shades.
    Gave my Mom one and it's one of her most used TB bags.
    I have the monster and haven't really utilized it yet. Waiting for the original to come back in stock bc I gave mine to my brother (sharing the TB love and making more Bihnions)
    I could go on and on about the Pick up but u will soon see In Praise of the Truck Family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by luckyprincess1112; 06-09-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see the PickUp Truck discontinued but hope it’ll be replaced by a slightly larger version someday. The original truck gets a little heavy for me to use shopping, but the PUT is just a bit too small. Maybe one in the 16-17 liter size???

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Sad to see the PickUp Truck discontinued but hope it’ll be replaced by a slightly larger version someday. The original truck gets a little heavy for me to use shopping, but the PUT is just a bit too small. Maybe one in the 16-17 liter size???
    @Traveltech , I got to test a prototype version of the Truck that was made of 200d Island Halcyon. It was slightly smaller than the current design, and that was part of the feedback that was sent in during the testing. Despite the fact that the size is not as optimal as the current version, this is the version of the Truck that I carried around the most (and I use the 210d Ballistic Nylon version of the Truck in Dawn to shop with when I need the larger size). Take a look at the pictures in my post (#2, dated 06-15-2019) in @rjf ’s question about the truckthread, where the question was whether the Truck would be made in Halcyon.

HTH

moriond

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Have you tried a small shop bag? 16.5 liters, light weight, and similar internal organization as the truck totes. I've got both sizes and they're great Smilie.
    Last edited by Surrealle; 06-10-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    Have you tried a small shop bag? 16.5 liters, light weight, and similar internal organization as the truck totes. I've got both sizes and they're great Smilie.
    For me, the Shop Bags are well and good but they certainly pale in the face of the Truck. The way the Truck stands up on its own and can take heavy things like water bottles easily in the side pockets really make the difference. I *love* how the Truck stands up.

Then again, I have carried two bottles of wine and some misc in the SSB and it does a great job. I kinda wish there was an insertable stiffener for its base.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    For me, the Shop Bags are well and good but they certainly pale in the face of the Truck. The way the Truck stands up on its own and can take heavy things like water bottles easily in the side pockets really make the difference. I *love* how the Truck stands up.

Then again, I have carried two bottles of wine and some misc in the SSB and it does a great job. I kinda wish there was an insertable stiffener for its base.
    Hmm, I haven't used mine much yet but they seem to stand up okay on their own for me (and the product description indicates they should be able to). But in any case, maybe try cutting some stiff material to fit the bottom, like a thin plastic cutting board or something?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sad to see the Pick Up Truck go but at the same time, I would love to see a Pick Up Truck with the dimensions of the Truck but at the same time, I would love a Truck Slim - W x H but 6” deep (front to back) instead of the current 11”.

Truck - 17.3” wide x 12.5” high x 11” deep.

Truck Slim - 17.3” wide x 12.5” high x 6” deep (front to back).

I do love my Pick Up Truck and waiting to order a Truck and a Monster Truck as soon as the colors I am waiting for are in stock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I am sad to see the Pick Up Truck go but at the same time, I would love to see a Pick Up Truck with the dimensions of the Truck but at the same time, I would love a Truck Slim - W x H but 6” deep (front to back) instead of the current 11”.

Truck - 17.3” wide x 12.5” high x 11” deep.

Truck Slim - 17.3” wide x 12.5” high x 6” deep (front to back).

I do love my Pick Up Truck and waiting to order a Truck and a Monster Truck as soon as the colors I am waiting for are in stock.

I’m waiting for “The Truck” also! What color are you looking at?
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    I’m waiting for “The Truck” also! What color are you looking at?
    Truck in Wilderness + Monster Truck in Deep Blue. Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like The Truck family as well.
    I have several of the original Trucks in 210 ballistic - I mostly use them around my apt for carrying/storing things. They also make good seat bags for car trips (remember those?).
    The Monster Truck I prefer in the 525 ballistic - I have a Nebulous one in the footwell of the back seat of my car to corral Shop Bags, hat, fleece, umbrella, etc. And an Ursa one waiting for it's purpose...
    The PickUp makes a great picnic, car seat, bringing random stuff to friends type bag... I have one in Dawn and a 525 Black on the way.

For shopping I still prefer the flexibility of Shop Bags (original and zipped)... for flights I prefer the Zip Top Shop Bags and the Pop Tote.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my original Trucks in 210 ballistic, but I'm carrying around yarn from place to place in my house, so I don't need something heavy.

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want an Ursa Truck. I have one is Aubergine and love it. Also a Pick Up in Aubergine, and use that one to carry books I am reading around the house with me. I am tempted to get another before they are retired...

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I love my original Trucks in 210 ballistic, but I'm carrying around yarn from place to place in my house, so I don't need something heavy.
    I use a large shop bag for exactly this! I wanted something with a zipper on top (an absolute must when you have cats) but without zippers inside that tend to snag my yarn. The shop bag fits the bill perfectly Smilie

France
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally succumbed and got a Monster Truck when it was recently restocked in my favourite aubergine 525. Very pleased to have got it delivered today. For once I am looking forward to going to do weekly supermarket shop to try it out. Seems perfect size and practical. I see this as complementing the selection of unzipped Shop Bags I will continue to bring with me as well. Also got some large V2 and V3 masks and will be trying those out, seem to be great fit.
    Last edited by BigBadD; 08-10-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast