Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that, if you can, pre-order both and keep only one, or check if someone in your area would be interested in either colors and bag, like a family member.

Ursa, really looks like a the dominant colors of grizzly bears, a beautiful rich chocolat neutral, and this is from someone who doesn't like warm colors, but, somehow is fascinated by the ones the TB Crew comes up with.

Wilderness is a true evergreen forest green, so a bold color on its own.

And now, I kind of find myself maybe wanting some things in those two colors, even if I put a moratorium on new colors except Constellation.
    Last edited by backpack; 06-15-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree that ordering both to see in person would be the best thing... knowing that there is always the danger that you KEEP both Smilie

I'd go for the Ursa because it is a gorgeous brown and goes well with most everything - I love how it's complementary to the other colours....
    With that being said, Wilderness is a lovely green but I particularly like it as a Guide's Edition with the Coyote...

So a plain Synik 22 in Ursa or a GE in Wilderness/Coyote
    Smilie

See, I'm no help at all!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Live near Chicago. Love Colorado and New Mexico.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I would agree that ordering both to see in person would be the best thing... knowing that there is always the danger that you KEEP both Smilie

I'd go for the Ursa because it is a gorgeous brown and goes well with most everything - I love how it's complementary to the other colours....
    With that being said, Wilderness is a lovely green but I particularly like it as a Guide's Edition with the Coyote...

So a plain Synik 22 in Ursa or a GE in Wilderness/Coyote
    Smilie

See, I'm no help at all!
    Well, yes you are! I bit the bullet and ordered the Ursa....and Coyote pulls. I have those pulls on both the Burnt Orange and the Mars Red.....I like Coyote, but decided against it as the main color...go figure! Thanks for all your help!

Now I have to see what I do with my Nebulous Grey/Dawn L15! I have Iberian pulls on it, so it is kinda cool. I also did the same with my Nebulous Grey/Iberian Icon.....I love that bag for my camera gear. I guess you can never have too many TB bags!

Peace,
    Rich
    Last edited by richosa; 06-16-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your new bag is going to be gorgeous. The TB cover photo for the Guide's Edition Synik 30 is Ursa with Coyote zippers etc ..... beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to make a decision in time to place your order.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjquilts View Post
    Your new bag is going to be gorgeous. The TB cover photo for the Guide's Edition Synik 30 is Ursa with Coyote zippers etc ..... beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to make a decision in time to place your order.
    Thanks! So am I!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, a bit of an update. I got cold feet regarding the Synik 22. I kept looking and knowing it would be too small for my likes (after all, I gave a L15 to my sister-in law!). Well, last week I ordered and yesterday received an Ursa Synapse 25. I am using it to hold my photo equipment....and will use it that way for trips (along with other things) as my personal item under the seat, and also for hikes. Who knows for what else. I ordered both the Iberian and the Coyote pulls....since I use the Coyote on my Burnt Orange A30 and my Mars Red A45. Gotta be honest....kinda like the red on the brown! To boot I have Tamrac lens "sacks" in pumpkin......can you kinda guess my colorway. Of course, I will probably keep my Nebulous Grey/Iberian Icon.

Now for restrictions to get lifted!
    Last edited by richosa; 07-21-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well....looking to put the V3 Mask on wishlist and cross fingers, I checked out the new Icon.....man oh man! I now have zippers to put the coyote pulls on! I will be getting the Wilderness/Coyote Icon.....I am in love! Now what to do with the Nebulous Grey/Iberian one!

TB is going to be the cause of my bankruptcy - that and my love for the design and color!
    Last edited by richosa; 07-21-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So did you end up getting rid of the original luminary you had? If not, I may be interested in it.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, gave it to my sister-in-law.

Still have the Icon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2