Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Live near Chicago. Love Colorado and New Mexico.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gritting my teeth - what color Synik 22 with A45 - Mars Red and A30 - Burnt Orange

Hi....

Yes, I know this is cutting it close.....but have the Luminary, and not liking the way it sits on my back.....so looking at the Synik 22 for an underseat and day carry backpack....but what color works?! I know....not a big deal....but I am kinda torn between the Ursa and the Wilderness....any help would be appreciated...unless you have other ideas??? Thanks in advance, Rich.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ursa if you want the colours to harmonise.
    Wilderness if you want bright contrast and Christmas vibes.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I kind of like Nebulous Grey to match the Mars Red and Burnt Orange. But, if you want a bold color, I'd try Wilderness. I do like Ursa (and I have a Guide's Edition Synik 22 in Ursa), but I like the way these combos stand out. What color is your Luminary? And, out of curiosity, is your Burnt Orange A30 525 Ballistic Nylon or the 1050d Ballistic Nylon?

moriond

ETA: Oh, I see that your Luminary 15 was Nebulous Grey. So, I'll ask which color (Ursa or Wilderness) speaks to you more if you were just wearing the backpack without the Aeronaut?
    Last edited by moriond; 06-15-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Burnt Orange is the 1050 Ballistic. I do like Nebulous Grey, just not digging the size of the Luminary 15. Go figure.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm going to ask @G42 to weigh in. She got the GE S22 in Wilderness, and is a real fan of that color.

moriond

BTW: The 1050d Ballistic Burnt Orange is more luminous in texture than the 525d Ballistic Nylon (which is still nice). I just notice the biggest differences for Burnt Orange and Coyote in terms of the luminous quality of the color when you go to 1050d Ballistic.

ETA: This is @G42 's Wilderness GE Synik 22:
    Last edited by moriond; 06-15-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like Ursa....but with the Burnt Orange and the Mars Red....I could celebrate my two favorite holidays!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I kind of like Nebulous Grey to match the Mars Red and Burnt Orange. But, if you want a bold color, I'd try Wilderness. I do like Ursa (and I have a Guide's Edition Synik 22 in Ursa), but I like the way these combos stand out. What color is your Luminary? And, out of curiosity, is your Burnt Orange A30 525 Ballistic Nylon or the 1050d Ballistic Nylon?

moriond

ETA: Oh, I see that your Luminary 15 was Nebulous Grey. So, I'll ask which color (Ursa or Wilderness) speaks to you more if you were just wearing the backpack without the Aeronaut?
    That's a great question....I do like the green...it has some spark to it. The ursa is definitely a more laid back color!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Ursa is great with Coyote accents, and it will even blend with colors like Aubergine, but it is more muted. As @gqb said, it harmonises well with other colors. But a lot of people who like Burnt Orange and Mars Red like bold color accents, so it's a question of how you feel about this.

The other thing you can think about is whether the interior color combinations enter into your decision. One reason that I thought of Nebulous Grey (which I have in the Synik 22 -- non Guide's Edition) is that this round they're offering it with a Solaris interior, which is a color and combination that I really like.

But, if I were going for a bold color, I might be inclined to try Wilderness.
    Last edited by moriond; 06-15-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ursa is great with Coyote accents, and it will even blend with colors like Aubergine, but it is more muted. As @gqb said, it harmonises well with other colors. But a lot of people who like Burnt Orange and Mars Red like bold color accents, so it's a question of how you feel about this.

The other thing you can think about is whether the interior color combinations enter into your decision. One reason that I thought of Nebulous Grey (which I have in the Synik 22 -- non Guide's Edition) is that this round they're offering it with a Solaris interior, which is a color and combination that I really like.

But, if I were going for a bold color, I might be inclined to try Wilderness.
    Thanks.....that's a lot of useful information....doesn't make my decision any easier! LOL

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richosa View Post
    Thanks.....that's a lot of useful information....doesn't make my decision any easier! LOL
    No, but the problem is getting into someone else's viewpoint to guess what they like. Solaris wouldn't be enough to drive me to a different external color unless I really liked that color anyway. So, if I wanted Wilderness enough, I'd go ahead with that.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand.....I think I am in the minority about Solaris....not a huge fan.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you like green, keep an eye out for when they start offering accessories in Sitka, which hasn't made an appearance yet.
    I only have the fabric samples of Wilderness, but they have less of the coating and surface reflection that you'll see in the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches. Here's a comparison of Wilderness (525d Ballistic Nylon) with Sitka (200d Halcyon):

Another view of Wilderness, Ursa, and Coyote (525d Ballistic Nylon fabric swatches) against Sitka Halcyon:

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you feel about Black Halcyon? I love it (two Tri-Stars and a Side Effect) and think it looks great with both Mars Red and Burnt Orange. You could go with the NW Sky lining for calmer color or Island for a fun pop of color. Both compliment the Black Halcyon. I also really like Aubergine Ballistic with your two bag colors. It is available for pre order with the NW Sky lining. Larry (dh) walked in and saw me playing with fabric samples and TB products and said what are you buying now??? His preference was black halcyon/island.

If I had to choose between Wilderness and Ursa I'd go with Ursa. What colors make you happy?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am at a loss right now...maybe need to wait. :-(

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like ursa and wilderness too, so I see the quandary. Ursa would look good with mars red or burnt orange for an autumnal look. Wilderness is a really pretty green and I love orange and green together and red and green is one of my favorite color combos. Do you like contrast or harmony better? If contrast, go with wilderness. If you want harmonious colors, go with ursa. Or preorder both and send one back Wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast