Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Have new Guide Syniks / Synapses come and gone already?

    Hi there,

    I don’t really understand the Guide’s Edition process. First of all, I seem to have to do a Google search just to find the relevant pages — unless I’m not seeing it, there doesn’t seem to be a link from the main Synik / Synapse pages, where you would expect to find one.

    Secondly, are the new ones already sold out or are we waiting on them to go on sale? In the span of a month or month and a half, since I last looked, have I missed the window? The page doesn’t say “sold out,” but neither can I order. I don’t get how it works.

    TB cultists, please enlighten me.

  2. #2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,205
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Hi there,

    I don’t really understand the Guide’s Edition process. First of all, I seem to have to do a Google search just to find the relevant pages — unless I’m not seeing it, there doesn’t seem to be a link from the main Synik / Synapse pages, where you would expect to find one.

    Secondly, are the new ones already sold out or are we waiting on them to go on sale? In the span of a month or month and a half, since I last looked, have I missed the window? The page doesn’t say “sold out,” but neither can I order. I don’t get how it works.

    TB cultists, please enlighten me.
    The Guide's Editions of the Synapse 25, Synik 22, and Synik 30 are special editions - not stocked as ongoing inventory items. As such, they are usually offered during 'pre-order' windows when TB is going to make another batch. During that time, you can pick one of the colour combos and place an order to ensure you get the colour you want, once it is made.

    The most recent pre-order window just ended, see this blog post:
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/junesynikpreorder

    This pre-order FAQ explains how it works:
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/pre-orders

    Since the window closed yesterday, TB will start making the bags as soon as the factory restarts after the recent government mandated shutdowns due to Covid-19. Based on previous pre-orders, there may be a couple extra bags made and there will inevitably be returns. You can contact Customer Service if you're interested in getting one of the returned bags and they'll try to accommodate if possible. You can also bookmark the page and check back in regularly after the pre-orders have shipped...to see if any show up as returns.

    Here are the direct pages for the Guide's Editions - they are separate items with unique descriptions & prices vs the regular Synapses & Syniks:

    Synapse 25 GE - sold out; no active sign up for notification of future runs...based on previous TB comments, probably won't be made again, but you never know
    https://www.tombihn.com/products/gui...714b2e4a&_ss=r

    Synik 30 GE - sold out; no active sign up for notification of future runs but that's probably because the pre-order closed yesterday...check back, it should get a sign up field so that you'll be emailed ahead of time for the next pre-order window... note, this won't tell you if a return is restocked
    https://www.tombihn.com/products/ge-...714b2e4a&_ss=r

    Synik 22 GE - two bags IN STOCK, probably returns from the previous run...once they sell out, expect a sign up box for the next pre-order notification... note that the pre-order that ended yesterday is for a whole new batch of bags vs the two left in stock
    https://www.tombihn.com/products/ge-...31663537946687

    FYI, the Synapse 19 was never made as a Guide's Edition and @Darcy confirmed just yesterday that it is not in the plans.

    HTH, sing out if you have further questions
    Last edited by G42; 06-16-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the explanation. So I should maybe get on some mailing list or get in the habit of checking the page if I’m interested. Or is it just a once-a-year thing? If that’s the case, I’ll just give up on it.

  4. #4
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,205
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. So I should maybe get on some mailing list or get in the habit of checking the page if I’m interested. Or is it just a once-a-year thing? If that’s the case, I’ll just give up on it.
    If you don't want one of the two Synik 22 GEs that are in stock right now, I'd check back on that page and the Synik 30 GE page in about a week or so to sign up on those pages for the email notification of the next production run.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    The Guide's Editions of the Synapse 25, Synik 22, and Synik 30 are special editions - not stocked as ongoing inventory items. As such, they are usually offered during 'pre-order' windows when TB is going to make another batch. During that time, you can pick one of the colour combos and place an order to ensure you get the colour you want, once it is made.

    The most recent pre-order window just ended, see this blog post:
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/junesynikpreorder
    @G42 weren’t the preorders that ended yesterday for the regular Syniks and not the GE versions that del wants?

  6. #6
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Share
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,733
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olsonnet View Post
    @G42 weren’t the preorders that ended yesterday for the regular Syniks and not the GE versions that del wants?
    Yes, they were for the regular Syniks. The feedback that Darcy got from forum posts regarding the current timetables for restocking other products — for somewhat happy reasons, because many forum members who were able to do so bought stock from the remaining inventory, in order to help support the company while its attention was turned to making masks, so a lot of the existing stock was depleted — meant that with the preorder system, people would be able to add on extra accessories that were not yet available, but slated for later production in the next few weeks, and combine them with their order before the bags shipped out.

    On the regular time table pre-Covid-19 shutdowns and hone-sheltering, these Syniks would have all been made in regular restocked cycles, as the the batches immediately preceding shutdown were made.

    moriond

  7. #7
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,205
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olsonnet View Post
    @G42 weren’t the preorders that ended yesterday for the regular Syniks and not the GE versions that del wants?
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, they were for the regular Syniks. The feedback that Darcy got from forum posts regarding the current timetables for restocking other products — for somewhat happy reasons, because many forum members who were able to do so bought stock from the remaining inventory, in order to help support the company while its attention was turned to making masks, so a lot of the existing stock was depleted — meant that with the preorder system, people would be able to add on extra accessories that were not yet available, but slated for later production in the next few weeks, and combine them with their order before the bags shipped out.

    On the regular time table pre-Covid-19 shutdowns and hone-sheltering, these Syniks would have all been made in regular restocked cycles, as the the batches immediately preceding shutdown were made.

    moriond
    You're both absolutely right, sorry about that!
    (My brain is addled due to work travel (wearing a mask 12hrs a day, even a TB mask, in a hot factory is no fun)).

    With that being said, I would assume that TB will add the notification email box to the Synik GE pages at some point when they're all back at work.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a brief restock on the 11th, but the bags went super fast. I was able to snag a Synik 30 in Ursa/Coyote. Just received it and am super stoked to have it.

  9. #9
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,205
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagboy View Post
    There was a brief restock on the 11th, but the bags went super fast. I was able to snag a Synik 30 in Ursa/Coyote. Just received it and am super stoked to have it.
    Welcome to the Forums @Bagboy and congrats on your new SN30!

    We all appreciate photos over in the Photos, Videos, Reviews sub-Forum if you get time to show off your new bag...just sayin'
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  10. #10
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,205
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @del , the Synik 30 GE and Synapse 25 GE now have sign up boxes for if/when TB decides to make these again, links below:

    https://www.tombihn.com/products/ge-...31663569961023

    https://www.tombihn.com/products/gui...31682496397375

    The Synik 22 GE still has two available, so I think that's why the sign up box isn't showing
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •