Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Side effect in S22

Hi there. Looking to get a side effect for my S22. How much of a squeeze is it in the bottom pocket and can you use it with the O-rings?

Would be looking to have a peak design medium packing cube in the main compartment.

Iím guessing itís too big for the side pockets and water bottle holder?

I was also looking at the slightly smaller HLT1 but doesnít come in deep blue and I donít really need the internal organisation

Many thanks

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Andy Modellís Youtube video named, ďIs the Tom Bihn Synik 22 closer in size to the Synapse 19 or the Synapse 25?Ē

He packs these exact two items, a medium Peak Design parking cube in the main compartment, and a Side Effect in the chin pocket. It was a tight squeeze! But give it a watch, perhaps you could pack the PD packing cube less to make more room for the SE to fit in the chin pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kumbayap View Post
    Check out Andy Modellís Youtube video named, ďIs the Tom Bihn Synik 22 closer in size to the Synapse 19 or the Synapse 25?Ē

He packs these exact two items, a medium Peak Design parking cube in the main compartment, and a Side Effect in the chin pocket. It was a tight squeeze! But give it a watch, perhaps you could pack the PD packing cube less to make more room for the SE to fit in the chin pocket.
    Here's the video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much. Maybe the HLT1 is the way to go although it doesnít seem that much smaller really. 1.4L vs 1.5L. Itís a little less wide and high, but deeper.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    Thanks very much. Maybe the HLT1 is the way to go although it doesn’t seem that much smaller really. 1.4L vs 1.5L. It’s a little less wide and high, but deeper.
    Not sure what you're intending to use in the SE, but have you considered the 3D Organizing Cube family (clear, fabric, mesh)? They're a bit smaller at 1L.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...