Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daylight Briefcase?

Has anybody spotted any news about the Daylight Briefcase? I ask because at the moment it is only available in 3 colours but there are no "In Production" colours listed. In the recent blog, it's neither flagged as being retired or shown as scheduled for production. Does anybody know what's happening and will it come back properly I wonder?

I ask because I'm a huge fan of its size and was interested in new colours. I'd also say it would be great if the depth was increased by 0.5 or 1 inch to give it just a little more capacity.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
    Has anybody spotted any news about the Daylight Briefcase?
    I'm also a fan of the DLBC - I think I have three of them right now.

I haven't seen any specific news, but with the delays due to the pandemic, it just may not have cycled into the production schedule yet.

The blog post https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/summerestocks mentions that it's not the full production schedule and as you know, it's not on the most recent disco list.

I had saved the Constellation blue in my wish list where it still appears but it's not shown as 'in production' on the item page... I read that as it not being in the queue for the next 3 months or so. Same thing with the Standard Spiff Kit in Solaris...
    Regarding you comment on the size, I also haven't hear of any redesigns for it - I believe the last tweak was on the locations for the strap attachments.

You can also email the fine folks in Customer Service and see if they have any idea.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed customer service about two weeks ago, and it seems like the DLBC isn't going to be restocked for a while-I'm guessing after the summer, maybe in "round 2" of the restocks.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responding - I guess sit tight and see what emerges. I'm interested in Constellation Blue - does anybody know how it relates to the old French Blue?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responding - I guess sit tight and see what emerges. I'm interested in Constellation Blue - does anybody know how it relates to the old French Blue?
    Its very very similar in colour and tone... the sheen is a bit different because the fabric surfaces are different.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As @G42 says, Constellation is close to French Blue, but with a sheen because of the 525d Ballistic Nylon nature of the fabric, which has more reflective fibers than Cordura.
    Daylight Briefcase?-img_4885-jpg

Here's a Super Mini Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch in Constellation against a (retired) Field Journal Notebook in French Blue Cordura.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you @moriond - great to see such a direct comparison. Yep, very similar.