Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done!! Although I forgot to comment on the timeliness and reliability of shipping. I'll do so once the V2/V3 masks come out and I have a chance to try them!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    A request....

Would any of you who haven't yet left a review for your V1, V2, or V3 masks be up for doing so? Here's handy links that'll take you right to the review section for each mask page:

V1 ~ https://www.tombihn.com/products/facemask#reviews
    V2 ~ https://www.tombihn.com/products/3layermask#reviews
    V3 ~ https://www.tombihn.com/products/clothmaskv2#reviews

Here's the thing: many of the folks who are looking to, or are purchasing masks from us haven't purchased anything from us before and don't know our company that well. And, unfortunately, it seems some of them have had bad experiences purchasing masks from other companies; either the masks took 4+ weeks to ship, never shipped, or arrived unusable due to poor quality. Or, the mask didn't work for them, and the company was not responsive. They are understandably worried that they might have the same experience with us. I think reviews go a long ways towards helping people know that won't happen with us; a true-to-you review at least lets folks know you got your mask and all of that good stuff Smilie

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Done!! Although I forgot to comment on the timeliness and reliability of shipping. I'll do so once the V2/V3 masks come out and I have a chance to try them!
    Thank you!!!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh oh! Did I miss the release of V2 and V3?

The far west
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Uh oh! Did I miss the release of V2 and V3?
    You didn't! I was getting ahead of myself there Smilie

Here's the full scoop on V2, V3, Icon, Trucks, and more... they're all going up on the website Tuesday 07/21 at 9:00am PT!
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/julyrestock

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if I missed it, but are there images showing the size differences of the masks on the same person? (Also, including their height might be helpful). I’m indecisive between the two V2 sizes. I can kind of tell with the product page images, but side by side images might be easier to picture.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Not sure if I missed it, but are there images showing the size differences of the masks on the same person? (Also, including their height might be helpful). I’m indecisive between the two V2 sizes. I can kind of tell with the product page images, but side by side images might be easier to picture.

Check out this blog post (also has the sizing reco & how to measure your face) - @Darcy is shown wearing a black M/L mask...
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/facemaskfaq

In the V1 product page, she's wearing Navy S/M
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...32149977268287
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both sizes of the Mask V1.

The regular is a better fit for me - similar to how the fit looks on @Darcy on the link to the Mask V1 by @G42 .

However, I like the extra breathing room of the large. The large tends to “creep up” towards my eyes. I just pull it down under my chin when it happens.

The V1 regular can be worn under the V1 large to make 4-layer mask, if one needs to. I did it a few times, to test the idea. Why not?

Otherwise, I repurposed (cut to fit) some free masks (from health insurance carrier) made of flannel-like soft cloth as filters under my large V1 masks. Same set-up with the V1 regular masks made the mask too snug for my liking.

Based on my experience with the V1, plan to buy the V3 in both sizes. I find myself in situations where I feel more comfortable using either one.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have both sizes of V1 here. I joked about a "Proper Gnome Beard Bag" and Darcy responded that they were making something for people with facial hair. Last week, a sample arrived.

Having tried the V1 (and several other non TB masks), I wanted something with more coverage for the beard. The V3 is the first mask that has full coverage around and over the beard to contain it and that I haven't felt like taking off. The generous shape combined with the horizontal orientation of the seam and rounded neck make it much more comfortable (and a lot less claustrophobic) while giving enough "room" to open your mouth and speak.

The three layers of fabric aren't too warm and the cotton twill is soft against the face, especially after a few washes. The mask IS thick and heavy weight, I'm perfectly fine with this, as it reminds me to breathe slowly and carefully. Should be even better as things get colder. The improved nose clip does hold well and fogs less. Initially, it would creep down the nose while talking, but much less with adjustment and being more careful, that's less of an issue (user error)

One of the most unexpected improvements from the V1 is the new adjustable ear loop/neck lanyard setup. It is so simple and it works really well. The "string" is one piece. Put the neck loop over your head and then quickly adjust (slide) the ear loops to fit. The whole setup fits VERY snugly while being adjustable to personal comfort and fit. The neck strap also helps hold the bottom of the mask in place (over the beard) while wearing. The intended feature, providing a convenient way to to "hang" it when safe to do so, then quickly put it back on without touching the fabric- also works very well.

The V3.3 has become my regular mask because of the more natural comfort, secure fit, robust build quality, and room to breathe.
    Last edited by darwin; 07-20-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for posting the pattern for V1. I've made several of the large size masks and would love to make ones with a lanyard.

So how would I make the V2 version? It looks like there's strings attached to the upper corners that are routed through small loops at the bottom corners. The ends of the strings come out of the small loops and tied together to form the lanyard. Is this correct? Is there some kind of device that keeps the ear loop snug? How do the ear loops stay the right length once they're adjusted? I'm currently using lycra (from bike shorts I never used) as the ear loop material.

I hope it's ok to ask this question. I'll try purchasing a mask tomorrow but think they'll sell out before I can get an order in. I have an original V1 mask.

The far west
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m_cycle View Post
    Thanks so much for posting the pattern for V1. I've made several of the large size masks and would love to make ones with a lanyard.

So how would I make the V2 version? It looks like there's strings attached to the upper corners that are routed through small loops at the bottom corners. The ends of the strings come out of the small loops and tied together to form the lanyard. Is this correct? Is there some kind of device that keeps the ear loop snug? How do the ear loops stay the right length once they're adjusted? I'm currently using lycra (from bike shorts I never used) as the ear loop material.

I hope it's ok to ask this question. I'll try purchasing a mask tomorrow but think they'll sell out before I can get an order in. I have an original V1 mask.
    It's absolutely OK to ask; our V1 is, and V2, V3 and V4 Masks patterns will be, offered under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

We're working on blog posts that shares instructions on how to make the V2, V3, and V4. Stay tuned!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's absolutely OK to ask; our V1 is, and V2, V3 and V4 Masks patterns will be, offered under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

We're working on blog posts that shares instructions on how to make the V2, V3, and V4. Stay tuned!
    ........................V4?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

The far west
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    ........................V4?
    There's a V4 in the works; I should be able to share more details about that soon. (It won't ship until late August at the earliest.) And, beyond that, there's a V5 Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited to hear more about V4 and V5, reconsidering my order plans for V2 and V3 . . .

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First look! New V2 and V3 Reusable Cloth Face Masks

I am so excited to hear about V4 and V5. It will be a while yet before I get to see V2 or V3 though: USPS shipping to the UK has taken about 5 weeks to get to me during the pandemic. First look! New V2 and V3 Reusable Cloth Face Masks
    Last edited by Cristina; 07-21-2020 at 12:35 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I am so excited to hear about V4 and V5. It will be a while yet before I get to see V2 or V3 though: USPS shipping to the UK has taken about 5 weeks to get to me during the pandemic. First look! New V2 and V3 Reusable Cloth Face Masks
    Speaking of that Cristina, in your experience, have you bought a bunch of masks in one go and still qualified for USPS shipping? Or do you limit to $49?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast