Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's absolutely OK to ask; our V1 is, and V2, V3 and V4 Masks patterns will be, offered under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

We're working on blog posts that shares instructions on how to make the V2, V3, and V4. Stay tuned!
    Thanks!

I see the V2 has sold out and it's not 9am yet.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m_cycle View Post
    Thanks!

I see the V2 has sold out and it's not 9am yet.
    It's not been released for sale yet... it's 'in production' and will go live at 9am Pacific (plus minus a couple minutes due to how the database seems to update with so many new items...)
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought 2 of each new version, one of each for my wife and I Smilie. Looking forward to the patterns being released for the v2 and v3 - my wife has been making a handful of the V1 masks for us and my mother!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First look! New V2 and V3 Reusable Cloth Face Masks

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSS View Post
    Speaking of that Cristina, in your experience, have you bought a bunch of masks in one go and still qualified for USPS shipping? Or do you limit to $49?
    I have only had single masks shipped USPS, when I ordered multiple V1s I also ordered a Travel Cubelet and Spiff Kit, so I donít know if I can answer your question directly, but I usually rely on how the shipping options change when Iíve changed whatís in my cart. Iím sorry I canít be of more help! I guess Iím more of a bundler when I order.
    When in doubt, the lovely TB crew are super helpful via live chat or emailus@tombihn.com

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I have only had single masks shipped USPS, when I ordered multiple V1s I also ordered a Travel Cubelet and Spiff Kit, so I donít know if I can answer your question directly, but I usually rely on how the shipping options change when Iíve changed whatís in my cart. Iím sorry I canít be of more help! I guess Iím more of a bundler when I order.
    When in doubt, the lovely TB crew are super helpful via live chat or emailus@tombihn.com
    Donít worry about it - it was just out of interest! I did manage to order 3 masks and a 3D organiser cube and it was all with the USPS range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TB will post the patterns for the new masks at some point, but until then, to help anyone on the fence...

I have V1 in S/M and M/L; V2 in S/M; and V3 in S/M.

The V1 and V2 S/Ms appear to be the same size/shape. The biggest difference I noticed (besides the material, neck lanyard, etc) is that the seams at the front of the V2 appear to be a bit offset from each other - probably to reduce the bulkiness of the thicker 100% cotton (or this is manufacturing variance).

The V3 S/M is a different and larger shape than the V1 & V2 S/Ms. It's hard to capture in a photo, but here's the V1 S/M laid on top of a V3 S/M, oriented to the end/edge so you can see how the V3 extends further up/out.

First look! New V2 and V3 Reusable Cloth Face Masks-img_20200722_161036-jpeg

The V3 is on the bottom - it has the metal piece in the nose. The photo is a little deceptive - it is indeed LARGER than the V1 on top.
    The V1 is on top - I use the flat wire tie off of Peet's Coffee bags (just pull the adhesive off).

HTH
    Last edited by G42; 07-22-2020 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added clarifications
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    The V3 is on the bottom - it has the metal piece in the nose. The photo is a little deceptive - it is indeed LARGER than the V1 on top.
    The V1 is on top - I use the flat wire tie off of Peet's Coffee bags (just pull the adhesive off).
    Wow, the V3 really is a lot bigger. That's going to come in handy if I need to talk for longer periods of time.

Also, Peet's is probably my favorite "grocery store" coffee, so you've got excellent taste there!
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just placed an order for another 3x Large, 1x small V3.

After using the V3 again this morning during errands, realized that it's currently "the one"~ got a spare and wanted to gift a couple to local Friends.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wondering - how practical is it to wear the V3 M/L inside out? I.e. the black fabric inside?

I ordered the V3 M/L (which only comes in Black/Olive) planning to wear it ďupside downĒ - i.e. the black fabric under. And if that does not work,l plan to remove the nose pocket and re-stitching it back on the flip side.

Somewhere on the forum, someone mentioned that black looks dystopian. I have to agree with this opinion on masks. I have the Mask V1 M/L which only came in black when I bought it. I like the fit, but I regret buying it for the black color. My opinion only. YMMV - I respect it.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I am wondering - how practical is it to wear the V3 M/L inside out? I.e. the black fabric inside?

I ordered the V3 M/L (which only comes in Black/Olive) planning to wear it “upside down” - i.e. the black fabric under. And if that does not work,l plan to remove the nose pocket and re-stitching it back on the flip side.

Somewhere on the forum, someone mentioned that black looks dystopian. I have to agree with this opinion on masks. I have the Mask V1 M/L which only came in black when I bought it. I like the fit, but I regret buying it for the black color. My opinion only. YMMV - I respect it.
    The V1 seemed good in either orientation.

After the first few washes and while initially trying on the V3, not so much. The three layers of fabric and stitching seem oriented to being worn one side out, it works, but the nose bridge is "weird." The cotton also feels nicer against the face than the cotton/poly layer. Personally, I prefer it this way.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, @darwin . I may cancel the Mask V3 M/L I ordered. Wait for it to be made in something other than black as the outside fabric. I did order the Mask V3 in S/M also.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note the guidance issued by the W.H.O. on which we based the three layers of the V3 design:

"The ideal combination of material for non-medical masks should include three layers as follows: 1) an innermost layer of a hydrophilic material (e.g. cotton or cotton blends); 2), an outermost layer made of hydrophobic material (e.g., polypropylene, polyester, or their blends) which may limit external contamination from penetration through to the wearer’s nose and mouth; 3) a middle hydrophobic layer of synthetic non-woven material such as polyproplylene or a cotton layer which may enhance filtration or retain droplets."

So the 2) outermost layer (the Black of the M/L or the Ocean of the S/M) should face outwards.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, @darwin . I may cancel the Mask V3 M/L I ordered. Wait for it to be made in something other than black as the outside fabric. I did order the Mask V3 in S/M also.
    I'd say keep the order, they're great as is.

Would love an Island or Zest (or combo) potentially Halcyon outer version but... these are the options for now Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't seen it (don't know when it was added) there's now a video on all the mask pages showing people wearing the three versions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjMBjoEWE8U

Also of note is what appears to be an Acuity 200d halcyon Handy Little Thing at the end of the video Smilie
    Last edited by G42; 07-22-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered the V3 M/L (which only comes in Black/Olive) planning to wear it “upside down” - i.e. the black fabric under. And if that does not work,l plan to remove the nose pocket and re-stitching it back on the flip side.

That was me! I'd love more colors in the larger sizes, especially friendlier colors. At this point I've only bought 1 V2 and that's all I can buy unless there are other colors. I don't want to mix up my husband's mask with mine and neither of us want a black mask.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast