Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Duffle Bag

Forum Member
    Asheville, NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duffle Bag

Any idea when the 'new' duffle bags will be out? The few that are left/available, aren't the size we want. Our next resort is to purchase one from BAD (Best American Duffle) if TB doesn't release one soon. Theirs are just as well made. And thankfully the TB Absolute shoulder strap will work on it.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds vaguely, uh, aggressive/irritated? I wasn't even aware we were getting new duffel bags, but then I don't keep up with things as well as I could. I know the Road Buddy is retired and the Yeoman is retiring, not sure what the new one will be or when it will be out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably sending an email to the TB Crew customer service will give you a better idea of production status-maybe notate the size of bag you like to carry to even see if around that size is going to be produced. Generally, currently produced items that happen to be out of stock, but in progress will have a 2-12 week window for restocking and you can sign up for email notification.
    I have an A45 and a NFTD so a new type duffle wasn't on my radar since those span my duffle needs. The crew's dedication to mask making with thousands of donated masks going to higher risk groups has impacted this year's production schedule too.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't heard of any new duffels in the works, though you never know what Tom and Nik might be up to.

We can ask @Darcy to chime in as she's taking a more active role here answering questions. Sending a note to the fine folks in Customer Service as mentioned above is also an option...

Take care everyone
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Asheville, NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed them, they were GREAT as always. Thanks.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I haven't heard of any new duffels in the works, though you never know what Tom and Nik might be up to.

We can ask @Darcy to chime in as she's taking a more active role here answering questions. Sending a note to the fine folks in Customer Service as mentioned above is also an option...
    There's no new duffel designs in the works right now.

In the meantime.... check out the duffels offered by Battle Lake Outdoors.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duffle Bag

It looks like x1 Small Verde Yeoman is back in stock this morning!

Not sure if it already was relisted and sold, but I did return a Mini Navy Yeoman back to them late last week, if this helps anyone.

I bought a Mini and Medium and preferred the Medium - I wear a menís size 12 pair of shoes and they consumed half the capacity of the Mini before packing anything else inside the bag, so it just wasnít going to work as an overnight bag like I hoped.

The Medium is a great size (44L) and will probably become my go-to bag for our annual week-long family vacations. In the past Iíve used a Patagonia MLC for trips longer than a weekend but it has too many separate compartments and features that go unused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

MA USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post

Not sure if it already was relisted and sold, but I did return a Mini Navy Yeoman back to them late last week, if this helps anyone.
    Good lookin' out I just snagged the mini Yeoman. I went a spree when they announced the retirement and now my set is complete. These are phenomenal bags IMHO the small is enough for a week to 10 days for me and the medium is great for all 4 kids for a weekend.
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duffle Bag

Happy to hear someone gave it a good home, @Muni_Jedi ! Always appreciate good Tom Bihn karma. Many of my own purchases have been made because customers returned items which were out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicagoan; 07-14-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post
    It looks like x1 Small Verde Yeoman is back in stock this morning!
    @Chicagoan , thanks for the heads-up on that small Verde Yeoman. I bought it. At time the announcement was made that the Yeoman line was retiring, I meant to order a small one in Verde, but life got too busy and I spaced it. When I went to order it, Verde was sold out. So happy one will be on its way to me.

Also, the always helpful and awesome Mike was able to locate a steel Mini Yeoman. Very excited to get that too. Itís been an excellent TB day.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a small steel to match up with my mini burnt orange. I should be set...already have a larger RedOxx dufffle!
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Yeoman is amazing. Sad to see it is retiring. I have 2 large (original verde and an aubergine with the locking zipper). Perfect check-in bags.