Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Central Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason I didn't get the restock email at all, even in my spam folder. Confused Still got to order the Seapine P.I.K.A. I've been waiting on so all good Smilie
    Would love if the zippered shop bags could be made in sitka. And now wondering if the Icon would make a good lunch bag for me. Looks like it would be a good size for that
    Black/Island Synapse 19, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Indigo BB, Island LSB, Black SSB, Sitka SSB, Seapine P.I.K.A, Sitka STT, Sitka SSC

Germany
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get any notification emails either and I definitely signed up for at least one of the bags that went live. I ordered a V2 mask and a Sitka 3DOC. I don't own one yet and I thought it would be nice to finally see Sitka in person. My favourite of the limited edition colors back then was Fjord, I have a Fjord Travel Tray.

ETA I'm also sad the PU is going away! It was one of the bags I had in my cart a few times but never bought. If they do more colors than the two that are in production now I might order one. Love the idea of having the PU in a recycled fabric or some of the new colors...
    Last edited by b1gsky; 07-22-2020 at 01:26 AM.

France
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    I ordered some TSS's in solaris, sitka, viridian and acuity. I've been resisting them for a while but the new colors were too much to resist. @Rei I caved and bought myself an Icon in black/rainbow and my mother one in mars red. Did you resist the wilderness icon?
    I placed a second order for the grass EC that I forgot, and impulsively added an acuity 3DOC. Because it won't be restocked in viridian. Confused I'm not sure why that logic worked.
    for now I do resist (though I like the ursa Icon too Big Grin) I stuck with delay, if I order now it may be delivered around when I am on vacation Scrunch Face I am not in the States or even near to so any order is a big deal, so I (try to) wait for now T-T

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
    I had been waiting on the Wilderness Icons, but then I saw the pictures and just...wasn't feeling it. So I went with the Seapine instead!
    (almost) same here, I was waiting for the Wilderness Icon (because paired with coyote trim) but now I maybe like the Ursa better...
    Last edited by Rei; 07-22-2020 at 01:29 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a snake charmer and a travel stuff sack (I love the idea of having a place to shove a wet raincoat instead of hauling it around; if I ever get to go anywhere again, it'll be great!).

I think that's all I had this time. Now I wait for the Freudian slips to be re-stocked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought the new Icon (Neb. grey), Truck (Deep blue) and Monster Truck (Burnt Orange) plus a bunch of pouches.

I regret underestimating the demand for TB bags and masks - The Mars Red Monster Truck I had my eye on sold out within 16 hrs of the restock - I had one in my cart (was patiently waiting for the 2nd restock of the V2 and V3 face masks today) and was shocked to see it sell out so quickly!!! I settled for the Burnt Orange in the end.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona_L View Post
    Bought the new Icon (Neb. grey), Truck (Deep blue) and Monster Truck (Burnt Orange) plus a bunch of pouches.

I regret underestimating the demand for TB bags and masks - The Mars Red Monster Truck I had my eye on sold out within 16 hrs of the restock - I had one in my cart (was patiently waiting for the 2nd restock of the V2 and V3 face masks today) and was shocked to see it sell out so quickly!!! I settled for the Burnt Orange in the end.
    Welcome to the forums @Fiona_L ,

Those sound like excellent selections. I hope you enjoy your new version Icon as much as I love my original version, and that you’ll appreciate the texture of the 630d material. And I’m glad that you got most of your preferred selections.

moriond

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Welcome to the forums @Fiona_L ,

Those sound like excellent selections. I hope you enjoy your new version Icon as much as I love my original version, and that you’ll appreciate the texture of the 630d material. And I’m glad that you got most of your preferred selections.

moriond
    Thank you! This is my third round of TB purchases. It's a growing addiction, and not the best for my wallet.... but bags make me happy!! Smilie

France
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! This is my third round of TB purchases. It's a growing addiction, and not the best for my wallet.... but bags make me happy!! Smilie
    Welcome to the TB forums. I think most of us understand that feeling! These TB forums and the great contributors will not make the addiction any easier...

I, and no doubt many others too, sympathise with missing out on items that become out of stock while waiting for other items to become available. I hope I am not speaking out of turn, but a method of being able to purchase available items but then hold shipment for a limited time pending other items to later be purchased when available (or as addiction demands) and added to held order for single shipment is being considered by TB. This is particular of interest when shipping is costly and would be prohibitive to pay for two separate orders to ensure availability.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry this happened but I appreciate you posting about it--I didn't realize colors were selling out and disappearing (rather than going to the "in production" side) until you said something! So I jumped on some bags I was holding off on, just to be safe.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Constellation Monster Truck did the same. I was weebling about whether to get it in that color, since the Trucks are for hauling and plopping and I worried it might show dirt too much, but the issue was resolved for me!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Within reason - I have been able to check out, and then immediately go back and place another order, and then email TB and request that they ship the orders together. Especially since they are shipping within 1-5 days now, vs. the pre-pandemic timeframes - they should be able to combine for you. It's a strategy I've put into play for other retailers as well, when dealing with popular items. (From time to time, if they are * not * able to accommodate this workaround - e.g. when they have had to ship mask orders separately from bag orders - TB has made announcements to that effect.) I think someone else on here mentioned putting things on their wish list? I haven't tried that approach yet.

When it is NOT possible to combine shipping - I treat the additional shipping cost as the price of being able to secure a hot new item. (I realize this is harder for international customers, though TB seems to be cognizant of this and tries to help out where they can.) The good news is that for the most part, TB continues to restock things like masks or Syniks. I appreciate that TB makes every effort to be as transparent as possible, and doesn't play games like charging more for popular colors. They've certainly shown their willingness in the past to set up alternate upload times (to accommodate different time zones) or to offer preorders, so that people can choose colors and not have to do a round of "fastest fingers/fastest Internet connection". They also give plenty of heads-up about upcoming launches or restocks, through multiple modes of communication (email, blog posts, Instagram, etc.).

I, and no doubt many others too, sympathise with missing out on items that become out of stock while waiting for other items to become available. I hope I am not speaking out of turn, but a method of being able to purchase available items but then hold shipment for a limited time pending other items to later be purchased when available (or as addiction demands) and added to held order for single shipment is being considered by TB. This is particular of interest when shipping is costly and would be prohibitive to pay for two separate orders to ensure availability.
    Last edited by haraya; 07-24-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was recently told their system will automatically combine shipping when possible, so no email is necessary.

Can't remember if I tested it though, so ymmv.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the V2 mask, and my husband (with beard) loves the V3. I think he will love the V4 & V5 versions. Can't wait.

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    I was recently told their system will automatically combine shipping when possible, so no email is necessary.

Can't remember if I tested it though, so ymmv.
    Yes, this is accurate! I placed an order for V2 and V3 masks as soon as they went live last week. Then I immediately placed another order for some Sitka and Acuity things. I was going to email and ask that they combine the shipping but I got busy at work and forgot. Within hours I got shipping confirmation *and* a refund 😊 TB works at the speed of light!

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstj315 View Post
    Yes, this is accurate! I placed an order for V2 and V3 masks as soon as they went live last week. Then I immediately placed another order for some Sitka and Acuity things. I was going to email and ask that they combine the shipping but I got busy at work and forgot. Within hours I got shipping confirmation *and* a refund �� TB works at the speed of light!
    Ironically it DIDN’T work automatically for me on my last order (perhaps because my two orders were several days apart?). I e-mailed them just in case and was informed it would create a delay to combine orders.

So I guess if your orders aren’t close enough together, it’s worth e-mailing just in case.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast