Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy ,
    Any timeline on Nik wallets, especially #4? I’ve been checking the website for about six-eight weeks and haven’t received any email notification. Hoping for island or dawn.

Thanks much!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonker3536 View Post
    @Darcy ,
    Any timeline on Nik wallets, especially #4? I’ve been checking the website for about six-eight weeks and haven’t received any email notification. Hoping for island or dawn.

Thanks much!
    Welcome to the Forums @Gonker3536 !

Hope they come in stock soon for you - I have the #5 in Dawn and find it perfect for my use Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi G42,

Just received an email this afternoon and snagged an Island #4, ghost whale, and Island pulls. Though my Smart Alec isn’t getting much commuting time it will be nice enhancement to my EDC.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy or anyone who can help: Any information on when we might get Synik 30 Freudian slips in stock?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonker3536 View Post
    Hi G42,

Just received an email this afternoon and snagged an Island #4, ghost whale, and Island pulls. Though my Smart Alec isn’t getting much commuting time it will be nice enhancement to my EDC.
    I was going to post here to share the news about that restock but had a laptop incident and trouble logging back on here briefly. Glad you got a #4!

Quote Originally Posted by father_dawg View Post
    @Darcy or anyone who can help: Any information on when we might get Synik 30 Freudian slips in stock?
    Those aren't in the works yet, and I'm not sure when they will be... might be October/November/December. Our production is mostly focused on masks right now with a few bags (new run of HLTs and soon, the Shadow Guide PPB) mixed in.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Those aren't in the works yet, and I'm not sure when they will be... might be October/November/December. Our production is mostly focused on masks right now with a few bags (new run of HLTs and soon, the Shadow Guide PPB) mixed in.
    Okay, thanks. I'll keep an eye out. I need to scale back on the bags for a bit now anyway. Also, what's a "PPB"? I'm still getting the hang of the acronyms, and I don't think I saw that on the list.

Thanks again!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, what's a "PPB"?
    Pre production batch. ie the ones they use to take pictures of, and verify their manufacturing processes and costs with.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Truck in Nebulous Gray, Co-Pilot in Black Halcyon/Iberian,Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by father_dawg View Post
    Okay, thanks. I'll keep an eye out. I need to scale back on the bags for a bit now anyway. Also, what's a "PPB"? I'm still getting the hang of the acronyms, and I don't think I saw that on the list.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    Pre production batch. ie the ones they use to take pictures of, and verify their manufacturing processes and costs with.
    @sturbridge has probably seen this, but here's a cool blog post describing it

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/luminary-ppb
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received a box of goodies including a Constellation Icon with the UV zippers... I don't need another Icon, but that combo was intriguing and man, it is just the happiest, cheerful colour combo. It seriously made my day Big Grin

Also received a TSS in Acuity and I like it a lot more in person, in a bigger object, than in the small swatch I had previously received. It's sort of a light ice/powder blue.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I just received a box of goodies including a Constellation Icon with the UV zippers... I don't need another Icon, but that combo was intriguing and man, it is just the happiest, cheerful colour combo. It seriously made my day Big Grin

Also received a TSS in Acuity and I like it a lot more in person, in a bigger object, than in the small swatch I had previously received. It's sort of a light ice/powder blue.
    I’m still waiting for my order to get shipped — so any comments about Constellation/Ultraviolet Icon in 525d Ballistic Nylon vs Logic Blue/Northwest Sky Icon in 630d Recycled that I can use to keep me going until I can see this in person? Same goes for my Acuity items. Everything new in Constellation, Acuity, and the new Sitka is sitting in that order waiting to get shipped.

moriond

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mega-restock on Tuesday 07/21! V2 & V3 Masks and Icon, Trucks, more...

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Im still waiting for my order to get shipped so any comments about Constellation/Ultraviolet Icon in 525d Ballistic Nylon vs Logic Blue/Northwest Sky Icon in 630d Recycled that I can use to keep me going until I can see this in person? Same goes for my Acuity items. Everything new in Constellation, Acuity, and the new Sitka is sitting in that order waiting to get shipped.

moriond
    I dont have the icon colors but the acuity is stunning @moriond ! Will try to grab some photos in the daylight. Not only did I get my full wishlist, it shipped the next day and then UPS came a day EARLY. All the stars aligned on this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I’m still waiting for my order to get shipped — so any comments about Constellation/Ultraviolet Icon in 525d Ballistic Nylon vs Logic Blue/Northwest Sky Icon in 630d Recycled that I can use to keep me going until I can see this in person? Same goes for my Acuity items. Everything new in Constellation, Acuity, and the new Sitka is sitting in that order waiting to get shipped.

moriond
    When I put the Logic and Constellation next to each other, the texture and sheen differences are obvious. The 630 recycled has a less obvious weave and the sheen looks more liquid. The Logic suddenly reminds me of anodized niobium metal (I use it sometimes in my jewelry making) and this colour is often called 'steel blue'. Its different, but closer to Parapack then the 525 ballistic.

Of the three (ahem) Icon's I have, the Stealth Icon is waiting for secret agent missions where you need to be randomly unobtrusive - I'm sure that will happen any day now(!). I admit it - I bought it completely for the blacked-out logo; I just think it's funny and way more fun than removing a logo (no issue w/folks who do, just never seemed important to me). I'd pack it for NYC.
    The Logic/NWSky feels clean/modern/calm - A walk around Seattle in the drizzle or San Francisco mood. This was the first one I bought.
    The Constellation/UV is fairly bright for me, but like I said, it's just a really happy combo.... I would pack this if I ever get back to your lovely state of Hawaii.
    Smilie

FWIW, I think the Acuity goes better with the Constellation than the Logic.

At the risk of horrifying all the Sitka fans out there... the particular shade of green just doesn't do much for me. I'll return a couple of the accessories I bought and probably only keep a TSS size #1. I much prefer Wilderness, Verde, and Olive...

ETA: the newer Sitka is, to me, a touch darker than the original.. either one, combined with Iberian, seem like Christmas colour combo

ETA2: new Sitka is closer to original Sitka than Solaris is to Solar...but in my own records, I'm tracking nSitka vs oSitka

ETA3: the Luminary 12 in Burnt Orange 525 ballistic (which I will keep) does remind me that for that colour, I like the sheen of the 1050 ballistic better
    Last edited by G42; 08-04-2020 at 08:58 PM. Reason: oh yeah, and another thing...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the Logic Blue 630 recycled (left) vs the Constellation Blue 525 (right) in cloudy daylight

Mega-restock on Tuesday 07/21! V2 & V3 Masks and Icon, Trucks, more...-img_20200805_101701-1-jpeg

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Here's the Logic Blue 630 recycled (left) vs the Constellation Blue 525 (right) in cloudy daylight

Mega-restock on Tuesday 07/21! V2 & V3 Masks and Icon, Trucks, more...-img_20200805_101701-1-jpeg
    They are beautiful shades of blue. I have swatches of both. I am partial to the strong shade of the constellation blue 525 ballistic but the finer weave of the logic blue 630 recycled is very pretty.

I ordered the Icon in stealth black. What is wrong with me? Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    They are beautiful shades of blue. I have swatches of both. I am partial to the strong shade of the constellation blue 525 ballistic but the finer weave of the logic blue 630 recycled is very pretty.

I ordered the Icon in stealth black. What is wrong with me? Smilie

As my signature says, I like all the blues & greys - and I still have a stealth black Icon... so whatever is wrong with you is a common malady Smilie

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast