Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could Medium Cafe Bag be a replacement for Ristretto for 13" laptops?

Hi. What is the best choice if I want to carry a 13" laptop along with other things: Ristretto or Cafe Bag?
    I wanted to buy a Ristretto, but now it is out of stock and its expected at best at the end of 2020.
    Medium Cafe Bug and Ristretto are similar in size and functionality, but I don't know how comfortable it will be to carry a 13" laptop in the Medium Cafe Bag.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can easily carry my Macbook 12 in my Med. Cafe Bag, in a soft case. When traveling, I also put my iPad Air in there, too. Carry is comfortable with the standard shoulder strap, but if your laptop is a boat anchor, you could buy one of Bihn's upgraded shoulder straps with more cushioning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    I can easily carry my Macbook 12
    I have doubts about the 13" MacBook. Will it fit?

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took some rough measurements. My 12" Macbook measures 8.5 x 11.25" in a soft case by Acme Made. Without the case, it measures 7.75 x 11". It fits either way in the Medium Cafe Bag.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    Just took some rough measurements. My 12" Macbook measures 8.5 x 11.25" in a soft case by Acme Made. Without the case, it measures 7.75 x 11". It fits either way in the Medium Cafe Bag.
    According to an Apple website, your 13 inch diagonal Macbook Air (?) measures 8.36 x 11.97", so what matters is that it is 0.72" wider (taller, the way you would insert it in to the Cafe Bag). Because there is some slack in the Cafe Bag's flap, I'm guessing your Macbook would fit. I'd suggest you call the Tom Bihn company and ask them. You'll probably be the 100th person with that question.

Forum Member
    Bucks County PA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carried a Dell XPS 13 in my MCB with no problem, but I didn't use a cache. It's about 12" x 8" and it fit fine (maybe a little snug up top but I could still close the clasp with no problem).

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've carried a Lenovo T460S (13x9) in a cache and it just barely fit with the clasp loosened as much as possible. The cache was pushing against top but no concerns. It was comfortable enough to carry with the standard strap cross body.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes,

Yes, a 13Ē MBP definitely fits in a MCB with the flap closed. That said, Iíd recommend the padded strap wrap to make it a little more comfortable. Could Medium Cafe Bag be a replacement for Ristretto for 13" laptops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie Rainbow First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.