Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double Organizer Pouches - materials and colours?

Hello - I was just wondering if anyone knows what material double Organizer Pouches are generally made from today? Are they all 1050 ballistic? I know some parapack ones were offered in the past but that's likely not to be the case today, right?

I'm trying to ascertain what colours would likely be available right now.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it's not new, I have an Azure small DOP so that would be cordura. I recall requesting something bright in my order. You can email customer service and ask someone to check for you, then order if you're looking for a particular color or fabric.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSS View Post
    Hello - I was just wondering if anyone knows what material double Organizer Pouches are generally made from today? Are they all 1050 ballistic? I know some parapack ones were offered in the past but that's likely not to be the case today, right?

I'm trying to ascertain what colours would likely be available right now.

Thanks!
    Hi @TorontoSS ,

I can quote part of the email correspondence I had with Kat around June 10. I usually have occasional general queries if I call in when I place orders, and these cover questions that come up in answering forum posts, or questions that I anticipate might come up — for example, in the pre-Covid-19 days when I was putting up reviews of the HLT (Handy Little Thing) that used the Leaf Pouchkins from the First and Second Aid Pouches as an internal accessory pocket, I checked that they had a good supply of these and their parts for people who might order this. Anyway, with work-from-home, this has shifted to including additional questions when I have email exchanges regarding orders.

So, excerpted from a June 10, 2020 email I sent to Kat:
    I’ve been answering questions on the forums by pointing to previously posted information, but do you have an idea for time scale for when the Luminary 15s will go into production? (The question was whether they’d be offered sometime this year, and I’m pretty certain the blog post was sufficient reassurance that it would happen sooner than end of year, but any idea when?). Also, if Cordura and Parapack are retired for the Organizer Pouches, what are you guys currently using for the materials of Double Organizer Pouches?
    Have you gone over to Ballistic Nylon or are these Halcyon?

And are you still making the colored zipper Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches?
    And excerpted from her June 11, 2020 reply:
    The Luminary 15 is one of the bags that were in mid process before our production was halted, so we should see a restock of them sooner rather than later, most likely within 6-8 weeks.

For the Double Organizer Pouches, the majority of them are in the 1050D Ballistic at the moment. It's possible that once the current stock we have runs out, they may not be restocked for some time. As for the colored zipper pouches, I don't think we have any plans to retire them at the moment.

Apart from the initial release of Double Organizer Pouches in Parapack, I think they’ve only been made up in that material a few times — and when that last happened a few years back, I think those pouches were black. I personally like the Halcyon versions of the Double Organizer Pouches, but they haven’t made these very frequently. See the Are the double organizer pouches ever made in halcyon? thread. We generally only know about these when some forum member posts a picture or a head’s up notice of availability, or when someone calls customer support and asks (@pammy has been very good about doing that, and also about posting her finds on the forums).

HTH. I would contact Customer Support directly for more information and updates.

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is super super helpful, thank you so much. Appears it will most likely be in ballistic then! I did email on Friday morning so I’m sure I’ll hear back soon. Thank you so much!