Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yeoman Mini

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeoman Mini

Hello!

Tom Bihn has been my go-to source since he was on Locust Street in Santa Cruz. I need about a dozen Yeoman Mini duffel bags to assemble safety kits for a Search and Rescue team I work with. Unfortunately, I missed my window to be able to buy them from Tom Bihn and I'm looking for recommendations for other vendors that sell a similar high-quality product (simple duffel, 15-20 ish liter capacity). Products you have personal knowledge and experience with would be great! Smilie

Just as an FYI, Cody at Tom Bihn's Live Chat Support suggested I go the Forum with my question!

Thanks!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kilian, and welcome to forums! That's really unfortunate, that you missed the last batch oy Yeoman Minis! As I have no personal experience with other duffelbags of that size I hope that others will share their experiences and tips with you!

Cheers!
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    Hello!

Tom Bihn has been my go-to source since he was on Locust Street in Santa Cruz. I need about a dozen Yeoman Mini duffel bags to assemble safety kits for a Search and Rescue team I work with. Unfortunately, I missed my window to be able to buy them from Tom Bihn and I'm looking for recommendations for other vendors that sell a similar high-quality product (simple duffel, 15-20 ish liter capacity). Products you have personal knowledge and experience with would be great! Smilie

Just as an FYI, Cody at Tom Bihn's Live Chat Support suggested I go the Forum with my question!

Thanks!
    You've probably already thought of this, but have you tried REI as a 2nd choice? That would be my impulse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    You've probably already thought of this, but have you tried REI as a 2nd choice? That would be my impulse.

Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, I browsed REI. I'm looking for a notch (or two) higher qualit!. And I really like it when I find products that are made in the US.

At Cody's suggestion (the Tom Bihn Live Chat Person) I just spoke with Red Oxx in Billings, Montana. They're great!! redoxx.com

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A similar question was posted in July. Darcy recommended Battle Lake Outdoors. Maybe you can find a duffel there that will fit your needs.

See Darcy’s reply at post #6.
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...uffle-bag.html
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeoman Mini

If you can still find them, the Lightweight Black Hole Duffel by Patagonia. I use one for all my car camping trips to carry gear down to my car, from the car to the campsite, and as a mini dresser inside my tent (zipper closed, it’s fairly waterproof). I’ve used it on several trips without treating it delicately and it still looks new. Dead simple design, with long enough handles to double as backpack straps, and one interior zippered compartment with a key clip.

I don’t think they make that exact model anymore, but if you’re open to a thinner fabric, look into the Patagonia Ultralight Black Hole Duffel.

They’re just a little larger than a Mini Yeoman at 10” x 10” x 18” but at $69, a little cheaper than the Mini Yeoman. I like these duffels because they’re simple designs, without unnecessary frills, and lightweight.

If you approach Patagonia directly, given your intended usage, they might even be able to extend a bulk price or special discount.

Wanted to recommend something I’ve used myself and know well. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicagoan; 09-08-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much! Great solutions!

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the Eagle Creek No Matter What Duffel Small
    Capacity: 1850 cu in | 30.3 L
    Weight: 1 lb 9 oz | 0.71 kg
    Fabric: Bi Tech
    Dimensions: 18x12x11 in | 46x30x28 cm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Forum Member
    Denver, CO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BAD Bags (Best American Duffle) would be a fantastic option with quality equal to the Yeoman.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strongly suggest you try RedOxx. They may not be quite what you're looking for but the quality is there so it is probably worth buying one, trying it out, and returning it if you aren't pleased. They're fairly expensive though.
    https://www.redoxx.com/bags/duffel?m...tionFilter_818

If you want a simpler, cheaper bag with good quality then check out the duffle line from Patagonia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redoxx duffles are built like tanks...check them out!
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +2 on Redoxx for this application...plus made in Billings, MT! (:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you find a good alternative. Let us know what you go with. And I am curious - what do you put in the SAR kits you are making?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast