Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    With the caveat that all of this is subject to change.... here's the current plan:

This Wednesday 09/23 at 10:00am PT there will be a small and small-ish quantities restock; bags that aren't on the website for one reason or another (order changes, QA'd returns, etc.) A few Luminary 12s, Brain Bags, Monster Trucks and other sought-after items. We'll also be restocking the Everyday Cubelet and the HLT pouches on Wednesday.

The new Shadow Guide 33 is being sewn right now; next up to begin production is the Shadow Guide 23. After that, we plan to make the Truckasana and the Insigne (Tom's new backpack design that he showed off in the FB group Zoom.) We have a mask storage bag in the works that we plan to sneak in there, and we also want to make a Design Lab batch of Packing Cube Shoulder Bags. Shop Bags, Side Effects, and Travel Trays in the limited edition 200d Halcyon colors too. There will be more that we'll be working on, but for now, that's all I'll share.... once we make headway on those production runs, we'll share what we plan to make next. Smilie I hope this helps a bit!

We're pretty sure that the Parental Unit is going to move to "Design Vault" status AKA retired, but we could make one more production run sometime in the future.

I'm sad to say it's unlikely we'll be making the Guide's Pack pockets again (I'll update the page to remove the "In Production" notice on the Navy.) We don't plan to retire The Guide's Pack; that said, there are only a handful left, and it may be a while before we make them again.

Thank you!!! The SE is still my favorite EDC!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCSB Design Lab! Like a BIG Side Kick? I have been putting that request on the Wish List for years now Smilie.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the caveat that all of this is subject to change.... here's the current plan:

This Wednesday 09/23 at 10:00am PT there will be a small and small-ish quantities restock; bags that aren't on the website for one reason or another (order changes, QA'd returns, etc.) A few Luminary 12s, Brain Bags, Monster Trucks and other sought-after items. We'll also be restocking the Everyday Cubelet and the HLT pouches on Wednesday.

The new Shadow Guide 33 is being sewn right now; next up to begin production is the Shadow Guide 23. After that, we plan to make the Truckasana and the Insigne (Tom's new backpack design that he showed off in the FB group Zoom.) We have a mask storage bag in the works that we plan to sneak in there, and we also want to make a Design Lab batch of Packing Cube Shoulder Bags. Shop Bags, Side Effects, and Travel Trays in the limited edition 200d Halcyon colors too. There will be more that we'll be working on, but for now, that's all I'll share.... once we make headway on those production runs, we'll share what we plan to make next. Smilie I hope this helps a bit!

We're pretty sure that the Parental Unit is going to move to "Design Vault" status AKA retired, but we could make one more production run sometime in the future.

I'm sad to say it's unlikely we'll be making the Guide's Pack pockets again (I'll update the page to remove the "In Production" notice on the Navy.) We don't plan to retire The Guide's Pack; that said, there are only a handful left, and it may be a while before we make them again.
    Thank you Darcy. I was hoping for them to be made, especially after finding out the Leads Pocket was retired. I was hoping to "complete" my Guide's Pack, so to speak, but I accept that it may not happen. I'll look around in the FB groups to see if anyone's selling any. Smilie

On the bright side, I am looking forward to the Shadow Guides and the Insigne, as well as the Design Lab PCSBs, SEs, and Travel Trays!

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay for the Insigne! My DLBP has been bogarted by a family member so I'm looking forward to another smaller daypack.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post
    I go out hiking every weekend, and usually wind up posting a picture of myself (wearing my Luminary 15) in the “Where Did Your TB Bag Go Lately” thread. This isn’t to flex so much as it is to show I literally use the bag all the time, and everywhere.

The DLBP isn’t deep enough to stand up on its own, and the rounded bottom shape of the S19 is equally bad at being self-supporting. When I drop my pack down on the trail, I really want something that isn’t going to tip over and dump the contents out.

I have been dying to see a Guide’s Edition S19 just so I could have a smaller, daypack-sized backpack with exterior lash points (I carry a collapsible hiking staff that, when collapsed, is still too tall to fit inside the main compartment of the L15).

A vertically-oriented daypack, deep enough to stand on its own, with as lash point (or two?!?) for spare or bulky gear?

Oh, hell yes.

I also just sent back an L15.

The L15 is, to date, my favorite TB bag and the one I use the most. It literally goes with me into the office every day and onto the trails on the weekends. When they made the L15 (my favorite bag) in Coyote (my favorite fabric color), I had to buy one. But, as much as I love my L15, I would rather wait for the prospect of a better hiking pack than collect two of the same bags.

The Insigne might be the bag I’ve been after all this while. I know TB is a travel-minded company, but I would love to ask them, if just this once, to throw a bone to the hiking crowd and give us a solid daypack (please?).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I always enjoy seeing your posts on the “Where did your TB bag go lately” thread. Thanks for posting. And I second your wish for Guides Edition of the S19. I have a GES25 and the extra lash points are very handy but I just don’t need that big a bag. I can only wish. The Insigne looks intriguing but it lacks the numerous access points of the S19.

Germany
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PCSB is going to be a special Design Lab edition.... !!!
    Keeping my fingers crossed you’re going to make some from a heavier weight fabric! I would love one in Aubergine.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a blog post just for you guys and the Facebook group that lists all of tomorrow's restocks:
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/news/justafew
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a blog post just for you guys and the Facebook group that lists all of tomorrow's restocks:
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/news/justafew
    Unless you have a really sneaky surprise, I'm assuming the two items below saying 'ultraviolet 525' are really alphaviolet Smilie

DLBP Ultraviolet 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic
    MCB Ultraviolet 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic

Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much excitement!! : hyperventilates :

And.... what @moriond is describing is also in the works. It has the very unique name of "Laptop Truck". (I believe it was @haraya that encouraged this design along!)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Unless you have a really sneaky surprise, I'm assuming the two items below saying 'ultraviolet 525' are really alphaviolet Smilie

DLBP Ultraviolet 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic
    MCB Ultraviolet 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic

Smilie
    Good catch! Fixed those to be Alphaviolet

(Ultraviolet 525d would look great though!)
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A "yesss!!" and a Frown - I missed out on the Medium Yeoman but managed to snag the Large in Navy. So think of me, if you have the Medium and it isn't love! Smilie

Hope other folks scored their dream bag!

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Timing News?

Holy #%^* was that a bloodbath!

The only thing on my list I could get was a Deep Blue/Coyote DLBP.

Even hovering over the item page and refreshing until the clock hit noon, someone still beat me to the Ursa GESN22.

All the more incentive to make sure I enter the upcoming SG raffles, I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! I finally got a Guides Edition Synic 30 in Wilderness; I’m very happy!
    Last edited by Sarha; 09-23-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on the medium yeoman at 1:01 EST and they were already gone. Frown The S25 frame sold out of my cart as I was checking out at 1:03. At least that one will be coming back.

I did get the restocked ECs I've been waiting for. I finally pulled the trigger on an S25, in Mars Red Heart Eyes It's been time to replace my old work/travel backpack for a while. And I ordered another Icon on my mother's behalf. So, do I get her a third for christmas or introduce her to the truck? Wink

Germany
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried for the black PIKA, but no luck. Crazy how fast everything went.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast