Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I tried for the black PIKA, but no luck. Crazy how fast everything went.
    I guess this proves that some people on the forums really do read all the threads compulsively

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was in doubt? Big Grin Embarrassment (full disclosure, sometimes I am one of those people!! Big Grin)

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I guess this proves that some people on the forums really do read all the threads compulsively

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    I was on the medium yeoman at 1:01 EST and they were already gone. Frown The S25 frame sold out of my cart as I was checking out at 1:03. At least that one will be coming back.

I did get the restocked ECs I've been waiting for. I finally pulled the trigger on an S25, in Mars Red Heart Eyes It's been time to replace my old work/travel backpack for a while. And I ordered another Icon on my mother's behalf. So, do I get her a third for christmas or introduce her to the truck? Wink
    There are still some nice color combination items hiding among the other products. In particular, some of the ECs were colors that weren't listed under the ECs in production. And still other items are colors that snuck in among other in stock items. I know @G42 was looking for a new Brain Bag? (and there were suddenly lots more colors to choose from)

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In particular, some of the ECs were colors that weren't listed under the ECs in production.
    I can't hear you! *sticks fingers in ears* I had a hard enough time choosing colors without more excellent choices! Big Grin

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Timing News?

Yep - the Monster Truck Deep Blue sold out as I was paying.

But I got my EC Seapine.

Was so tempted by the other yummy colors/fabrics of the EC (viridian and the halcyon 200 solaris, acuity, coyote and sitka).
    Last edited by Walker; 09-23-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Germany
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t say compulsively, but I find it quite relaxing to browse and see what people have been up to or if there are news... Guess I’m not the only one!Wink

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are still some nice color combination items hiding among the other products. In particular, some of the ECs were colors that weren't listed under the ECs in production. And still other items are colors that snuck in among other in stock items. I know @G42 was looking for a new Brain Bag? (and there were suddenly lots more colors to choose from)
    You all know I compulsively read the Forums as a mental break from my job Smilie

And yeeeeesssss, there is now a Deep Blue/Dawn BB coming to me since I decided to use a BB as my 72hr/Bug Out Bag. Now I have to decide if my current Aubergine/Island is the BOB or if the new Deep Blue/Dawn one is....decisions, decisions.

Other items may have fallen into my cart as well....
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Germany
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    You all know I compulsively read the Forums as a mental break from my job Smilie

And yeeeeesssss, there is now a Deep Blue/Dawn BB coming to me since I decided to use a BB as my 72hr/Bug Out Bag. Now I have to decide if my current Aubergine/Island is the BOB or if the new Deep Blue/Dawn one is....decisions, decisions.

Other items may have fallen into my cart as well....
    Most people here don’t really have a 72hr bag, it’s just not a concept where we live - I guess because we have lacked any natural disasters so far and it’s not very likely to happen. But the whole Corona thing made me think that it would be good to have something like this ready and be more prepared. Probably a project for the coming weeks (although I want to avoid buying new stuff if not necessary). How do you decide what to pack? Do you use any guidelines?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @G42 ,

You know you have to read the forum posts because you're a mod, right? I'm curious whether anyone sprang for the new color HLTs (Sitka, Acuity, etc.), and whether we'll see pictures of these soon on the forums?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already wanted to move to Germany, this makes it even more tempting! Big Grin Embarrassment Hmmm, maybe I can apply to study German, and come on a student visa?? Wink

Most people here don’t really have a 72hr bag, it’s just not a concept where we live - I guess because we have lacked any natural disasters so far and it’s not very likely to happen. But the whole Corona thing made me think that it would be good to have something like this ready and be more prepared. Probably a project for the coming weeks (although I want to avoid buying new stuff if not necessary). How do you decide what to pack? Do you use any guidelines?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha!! Good thing you find it relaxing, G42. Embarrassment

@G42 ,

You know you have to read the forum posts because you're a mod, right? I'm curious whether anyone sprang for the new color HLTs (Sitka, Acuity, etc.), and whether we'll see pictures of these soon on the forums?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in California right now (grew up on east coast with snowstorms, ice, power outages), so earthquakes are always a concern though thankfully I'm not personally in a major fire zone - just smoke. Depending on where you live, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, winter storms, avalanche, tsunami, and fires are all concerns.

My personal view is that even if you're not in a natural disaster type area, there is always the chance of pandemic, industrial accident (chemical or biological or nuclear), civil unrest, terrorism, etc., so having emergency/shelter-in-place stuff just seems like a good idea. For some people, it may take time to build up supplies due to allocating time/money to do it, but I think it's worth doing.
    It's basically an insurance policy for you and assist for others. As with TB's First Aid/Second Aid pouches, I believe that if we all do a bit to plan how to take care of ourselves, we can then help take care of each other as needed - including not needing to be assisted right away by first responders, etc.... not trying to soap box here, just explaining my perspective. Smilie
    I also find that the act of deliberately thinking through some 'what if' scenarios, inventorying what I have that could be used (dual purpose is great), and getting together the supplies that I am comfortable with then frees up mental/emotional bandwidth. My current self has thought it through, gotten things together, and made a plan for reviewing/restocking with minimal effort, and a plan for What To Do In Case of Emergency.... so I don't worry about it. If something does happen, my Future Self will thank my Past Self. Smilie

If you'd like suggestions for lists, etc., I will start a thread in the 'Not About Bags' section tonight and put info in for anyone who is interested.

ETA: I'll start a thread this weekend, I'm a bit swamped at work (that should count as a natural disaster)
    Last edited by G42; 09-24-2020 at 10:02 PM. Reason: adding more disasters I thought of
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @G42 ,

I was compulsively reading before @Darcy asked me to become a Mod... being a Mod is now just an excuse, lol

I'd like to see the new HLT colours in action as well - I have Solarish ones from the last time but haven't used them yet due to not traveling anywhere...

Germany
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s not quite true that there were (are) no natural disasters, we had bad floods during my lifetime (like the Elbe Hochwasser 2002 and on other occasions) and also storms, but never where I lived... And definitely not on the same scale as what’s been happening in other countries. And I’ve only experienced one very minor earthquake when I was four or five years old.

Germany
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    If you'd like suggestions for lists, etc., I will start a thread in the 'Not About Bags' section tonight and put info in for anyone who is interested.
    That would be great, thanks. Smilie What got me thinking was that I realised that if someone were to tell me to evacuate my building right now I wouldn’t even have all my important papers together to take with me. That’s not a good feeling.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast