Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Forum Member
    St. Paul, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'd say it is similar-ish in size to the Synapse 19 or Daylight backpack.

Edgeless straps; flapped YKK Racquet Coil zippers with a C6 Durable Water Repellant (DWR) coating (these zip open/shut more easily than the Aquaguard yet still offer water resistance); will be available in a Guide's Edition and a non-Guide's Edition; has a very nice subtle and non-bulky padded laptop pocket.
    I don't need a laptop compartment but everything else sounds great! That 18-20 liters is the sweet spot for my needs. I want an Insigne Guide's Edition in Wilderness something fierce, that green/coyote combo is hot. The lash points are really what is going to elevate this bag for me. Strapping a jacket, blanket or hammock to the outside is going to be super handy.
    Synapse 19 (Burnt orange/Steel) | Side Kick (Deep blue/Wasabi) | Side Effect (Nordic/Wasabi) | Travel Cubelet (Burnt orange/Northwest sky)

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy

Will Insigne be made in 400D halcyon?

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkh View Post
    @Darcy

Will Insigne be made in 400D halcyon?
    To add on to this...will the Insigne be in the fabled new 400D halcyon color?
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    To add on to this...will the Insigne be in the fabled new 400D halcyon color?
    To piggyback on both of these, I would LOVE to see the Insigne made in Coyote Halcyon (please).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we are asking Smilie, how about pouch pockets to keep a water bottle upright? The mesh pouch pockets of the Luminary and the Maker’s Bag (to hold water bottles/similar shape objects) are genius.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    If we are asking Smilie, how about pouch pockets to keep a water bottle upright? The mesh pouch pockets of the Luminary and the Maker’s Bag (to hold water bottles/similar shape objects) are genius.
    I honestly wish the zip in/out water bottle pockets were standard in every bag big enough to fit a water bottle. They’re useful for holding other items, too, whether you need to keep items upright or separate them.

Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post
    I honestly wish the zip in/out water bottle pockets were standard in every bag big enough to fit a water bottle. . .
    I agree. Just bought an Icon v2 stealth black. I will buy an Icon v3 with such pocket.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Timing News?

I honestly wish the zip in/out water bottle pockets were standard in every bag big enough to fit a water bottle. They’re useful for holding other items, too, whether you need to keep items upright or separate them.

I think the other thing I like about the Luminary-style water bottle pocket (which first appeared on the Stowaway?) is that by unzipping it and freeing it from the back panel, you’re able to use the full depth of the bag, but since the pocket remains attached to the front of the interior, it can still hold the bottle upright.

This isn’t a feature I see discussed much but it was the main reason I purchased the L15 to begin with - as much as I love the DLBP, my biggest gripe with that bag is that it cannot keep a water bottle upright on its own, nor does it have a dedicated pocket for a water bottle.

Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Germany
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn’t a feature I see discussed much but it was the main reason I purchased the L15 to begin with - as much as I love the DLBP, my biggest gripe with that bag is that it cannot keep a water bottle upright on its own, nor does it have a dedicated pocket for a water bottle.
    I have been securing my water bottle in the DLBP for years with this method: https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post153739
    I do it like this in my MCB too.

But I agree, the water bottle pocket of the Luminaries is nice. I liked that feature on my L12.

Central Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Wilderness being phased out? I signed up to be notified when the EC and S19 as well as the BB were going to be available and now its not even listed as in production on the EC and S19 pages Frown
    Black/Island Synapse 19, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Indigo BB, Island LSB, Black SSB, Sitka SSB, Seapine P.I.K.A, Sitka STT, Sitka SSC

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aryabird View Post
    Is Wilderness being phased out? I signed up to be notified when the EC and S19 as well as the BB were going to be available and now its not even listed as in production on the EC and S19 pages Frown
    I don’t think Wilderness is being phased out, but items in Wilderness have been selling out pretty fast, and in the current production environment there isn’t as automatic a mechanism for shifting items to show up “in production” once they sell out. For the Everyday Cubelet, I updated @G42 ’s list thread when they restocked those on 9/23 and went back to include product links for the updated colors. Wilderness didn’t sell out as fast as the new Halcyon 200d colors like Acuity, Solaris, and Sitka, which were only available for about a day after the restock; there were still two ECs in Wilderness available on 10/1. I’ll also point you to @Darcy’s 09-01-2020 post (#2414 in the Discussion of New Colors, New Designs thread)which answered questions about “limited edition” status and availability among 200d Halcyon colors:
    Ah! Coyote, Solaris, Sitka, and Acuity are all limited edition colors. Once they're gone, they're gone, and we may or may not bring them back.
    and also about the new 525d Ballistic fabrics:
    Yes: Ursa, Wilderness, and Constellation could be limited edition colors. Of the three, it's most likely that we'll keep Ursa around. We did order a good amount of each color, so they should be around for a while longer
    Please note that signing up for mail notifications will not alert you to when items in Wilderness show up when there are returns. Depending on exactly when you signed up for notification of Brain Bag in Wilderness, there may have been one that showed up that showed up as a return in recent weeks. (Unless I have reason to note availability dates in specific forum replies, as in the case of when the last Wilderness ECs in the restock sold, I won’t recall time stamps; the Wilderness/Coyote Luminary15 I posted about was available through most of the weekend, but is now gone.)

Wilderness is available in the Synik 22, but their production cycle is offset from the Synapse 19. I think you just have to be diligent about checking back on the product pages to be successful in catching some of the returns. If you’re able to put these items in your wish list when they were available or in production, that can be a fast way to check when an item has come back in stock.Good luck.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aryabird View Post
    To add to what @moriond said, Darcy had a post earlier in this thread that sent everyone to the private restock blog update, which included: "Because there's only a few of each, restock notification emails won't be sent out (we'll send those restock emails once we stock full production runs in late 2020 or sometime in 2021!)"

So you may or may not have received an email notification for the Wilderness EC.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following up on the original post of this thread - will there be a restock between now and the end of the year? I was able to buy my first Tom Bihn bags during the 9/23 restock and now I'm hooked! I'm looking to get some accessories now, like the Freudian Slip in medium cafe. Does anyone know when that will be restocked? Thanks!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, clee, for getting us back on track ! I am also wondering about pouches, Q kits and the like, restock news. Inventory seems to be pretty low on these little goodies right now. Filled with various things, they make such great Holiday gifts.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5