Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Timing News?

I am wondering if there is any recent restocking news? Specifically, what is likely to be restocked before the end of the year gift giving season -
    I have a couple of adult kids who are hoping that Mom is Bihn generous this year. @Darcy

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to know when the Parental Units will be restocked, myself.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto for the Guide's Pack Left and Right Pockets in Navy Parapack.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by labrain View Post
    I am wondering if there is any recent restocking news? Specifically, what is likely to be restocked before the end of the year gift giving season -
    I have a couple of adult kids who are hoping that Mom is Bihn generous this year. @Darcy
    With the caveat that all of this is subject to change.... here's the current plan:

This Wednesday 09/23 at 10:00am PT there will be a small and small-ish quantities restock; bags that aren't on the website for one reason or another (order changes, QA'd returns, etc.) A few Luminary 12s, Brain Bags, Monster Trucks and other sought-after items. We'll also be restocking the Everyday Cubelet and the HLT pouches on Wednesday.

The new Shadow Guide 33 is being sewn right now; next up to begin production is the Shadow Guide 23. After that, we plan to make the Truckasana and the Insigne (Tom's new backpack design that he showed off in the FB group Zoom.) We have a mask storage bag in the works that we plan to sneak in there, and we also want to make a Design Lab batch of Packing Cube Shoulder Bags. Shop Bags, Side Effects, and Travel Trays in the limited edition 200d Halcyon colors too. There will be more that we'll be working on, but for now, that's all I'll share.... once we make headway on those production runs, we'll share what we plan to make next. Smilie I hope this helps a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    Would love to know when the Parental Units will be restocked, myself.
    We're pretty sure that the Parental Unit is going to move to "Design Vault" status AKA retired, but we could make one more production run sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by roychen View Post
    Ditto for the Guide's Pack Left and Right Pockets in Navy Parapack.
    I'm sad to say it's unlikely we'll be making the Guide's Pack pockets again (I'll update the page to remove the "In Production" notice on the Navy.) We don't plan to retire The Guide's Pack; that said, there are only a handful left, and it may be a while before we make them again.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

France
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Darcy. What’s the Truckasana?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    I think that’s the version of the Truck that’s modified for carrying a laptop?

The far west
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think that’s the version of the Truck that’s modified for carrying a laptop?
    It's a Truck with grippy material that's designed to hold a yoga mat!

And.... what @moriond is describing is also in the works. It has the very unique name of "Laptop Truck". (I believe it was @haraya that encouraged this design along!)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    With the caveat that all of this is subject to change.... here's the current plan:

This Wednesday 09/23 at 10:00am PT there will be a small and small-ish quantities restock; bags that aren't on the website for one reason or another (order changes, QA'd returns, etc.) A few Luminary 12s, Brain Bags, Monster Trucks and other sought-after items. We'll also be restocking the Everyday Cubelet and the HLT pouches on Wednesday.

The new Shadow Guide 33 is being sewn right now; next up to begin production is the Shadow Guide 23. After that, we plan to make the Truckasana and the Insigne (Tom's new backpack design that he showed off in the FB group Zoom.) We have a mask storage bag in the works that we plan to sneak in there, and we also want to make a Design Lab batch of Packing Cube Shoulder Bags. Shop Bags, Side Effects, and Travel Trays in the limited edition 200d Halcyon colors too. There will be more that we'll be working on, but for now, that's all I'll share.... once we make headway on those production runs, we'll share what we plan to make next. Smilie I hope this helps a bit!
    This is so exciting! But especially looking forward to packing cube shoulder bags, shop bags, and Side Effects in the limited edition 200d halcyon colors. Iíve got to start saving now. Thanks for the excellent news @Darcy . Youíve made my day!
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

The far west
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    This is so exciting! But especially looking forward to packing cube shoulder bags, shop bags, and Side Effects in the limited edition 200d halcyon colors. I’ve got to start saving now. Thanks for the excellent news @Darcy . You’ve made my day!
    Yay!! And that makes my day Smilie

The PCSB is going to be a special Design Lab edition.... !!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... and the Insigne (Tom's new backpack design that he showed off in the FB group Zoom.)
    Hello. Very excited to learn more about the Shadow Guide. But, for those of us not on FB, are there any details you can share about the Insigne?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k_p View Post
    Hello. Very excited to learn more about the Shadow Guide. But, for those of us not on FB, are there any details you can share about the Insigne?
    Welcome to the Forums @k_p !

Here's the post with the link to the video

https://forums.tombihn.com/just-for-...tml#post190712
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the new Insigne daypack. Just sent back a luminary cuz I think Insigne will be more in line with my dayback needs.
    https://youtu.be/B7cqZQWhYLc?t=2421
    Last edited by ayazgood; 09-21-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Forum Member
    St. Paul, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and the Insigne (Tom's new backpack design that he showed off in the FB group Zoom.)
    I'm so excited! I've been lusting after the Insigne for a few months now and I'd love to have one! Do you think we'll see it by the end of the year?
    Synapse 19 (Burnt orange/Steel) | Side Kick (Deep blue/Wasabi) | Side Effect (Nordic/Wasabi) | Travel Cubelet (Burnt orange/Northwest sky)

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ayazgood View Post
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the new Insigne daypack. Just sent back a luminary cuz I think Insigne will be more in line with my dayback needs.
    https://youtu.be/B7cqZQWhYLc?t=2421
    I go out hiking every weekend, and usually wind up posting a picture of myself (wearing my Luminary 15) in the ďWhere Did Your TB Bag Go LatelyĒ thread. This isnít to flex so much as it is to show I literally use the bag all the time, and everywhere.

The DLBP isnít deep enough to stand up on its own, and the rounded bottom shape of the S19 is equally bad at being self-supporting. When I drop my pack down on the trail, I really want something that isnít going to tip over and dump the contents out.

I have been dying to see a Guideís Edition S19 just so I could have a smaller, daypack-sized backpack with exterior lash points (I carry a collapsible hiking staff that, when collapsed, is still too tall to fit inside the main compartment of the L15).

A vertically-oriented daypack, deep enough to stand on its own, with as lash point (or two?!?) for spare or bulky gear?

Oh, hell yes.

I also just sent back an L15.

The L15 is, to date, my favorite TB bag and the one I use the most. It literally goes with me into the office every day and onto the trails on the weekends. When they made the L15 (my favorite bag) in Coyote (my favorite fabric color), I had to buy one. But, as much as I love my L15, I would rather wait for the prospect of a better hiking pack than collect two of the same bags.

The Insigne might be the bag Iíve been after all this while. I know TB is a travel-minded company, but I would love to ask them, if just this once, to throw a bone to the hiking crowd and give us a solid daypack (please?).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast