Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Packing shoes in the Aeronaut 30 Packing shoes in the Aeronaut 30 [emoji3]

Hey Everyone, just curious....I just recently received an A30 and in the specs it does support a size 12 US shoe size. Does anyone know if that means you would pack or shoe on each side of the bag or if you can fit two in one side pocket? I am trying and finding that itís tough to pour two in one pocket. Has anyone had any luck? Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. .html" style="margin-top:6px; margin-bottom:6px;">
    Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on the type of shoe (if it can be squished or not) I would probably unzip one or both of the side pockets and put the shoes in the middle of the bag.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_atx View Post
    Depending on the type of shoe (if it can be squished or not) I would probably unzip one or both of the side pockets and put the shoes in the middle of the bag.
    Hi Sarah, thatís a good idea to put them in the center compartment. They would be dress shoes for a business trip. Sorry for my grammatical errors prior lol.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkonthank1 View Post
    Hi Sarah, thatís a good idea to put them in the center compartment. They would be dress shoes for a business trip. Sorry for my grammatical errors prior lol.

Thank you for the suggestion!

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a winter business trip last year I carried 3 nights (4 days) worth of business casual clothing/kit in my (early, 1050 ballistic, Aubergine/Wasabi) A30, including a pair of UK size 11 gent's leather jodhpur boots. Those count as dress shoes for me - they're ankle height boots, quite an elongated toe shape, with a wraparound buckle strap at the ankle. The boots went into opposite corners of the centre compartment, pointing in opposite directions, with other stuff in packing cubes arranged around and between them. I wish I'd taken a photo, actually - it was very tightly packed, but not excessively heavy. I posted about it, including full packing list, in the "where has your bag gone lately?" thread here.

On the way out, I wore a pair of size UK 10.5 (2E width fitting) New Balance trainers on the flight. On the way back, I wore the boots (came straight from the office to the airport) and the trainers went in opposite ends of the centre compartment, pointing in opposite directions again.
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    On a winter business trip last year I carried 3 nights (4 days) worth of business casual clothing/kit in my (early, 1050 ballistic, Aubergine/Wasabi) A30, including a pair of UK size 11 gent's leather jodhpur boots. Those count as dress shoes for me - they're ankle height boots, quite an elongated toe shape, with a wraparound buckle strap at the ankle. The boots went into opposite corners of the centre compartment, pointing in opposite directions, with other stuff in packing cubes arranged around and between them. I wish I'd taken a photo, actually - it was very tightly packed, but not excessively heavy. I posted about it, including full packing list, in the "where has your bag gone lately?" thread here.

On the way out, I wore a pair of size UK 10.5 (2E width fitting) New Balance trainers on the flight. On the way back, I wore the boots (came straight from the office to the airport) and the trainers went in opposite ends of the centre compartment, pointing in opposite directions again.
    Hi PaulT00,
    I too love the style Jodhpur boots and myself included would consider it more of an evening dress style as well. That is pretty awesome you could fit them in the main compartment. I was able to fit my shoes the same way you did in the center compartment and felt relieved. However, I discovered I was placing my dress shoes in the bag incorrectly for the side pocket. If you place the shoe in sole first and then your second shoe on top flipped in the opposite direction, you can fit them in and zip it. I thought for sure it wouldnít zip but it did!
    Huge relief. On a side note, I chose the right end compartment and did release the zipper to allow a little more room. I may do a practice pack and take a picture. Thanks for the link for the thread. Cheers! I hope all is well in the UK.