Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tragic TB losses

Today I had to wait outside for an appointment and as it was a damp day was pleased to have my purple Shepherd's Cloth to put on the park bench to sit on. Well, it did its job too well, because when it was time to go I walked off without it!

I console myself that, given the location, it's probably been picked up for use by someone who needs it a lot more than I do, but I was wondering if there are other tales of misplaced, forgotten, stolen TB stuff to make me feel slightly less stupid.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's no fun!! I am glad at least that it was not a larger TB item like a Brain Bag or Aeronaut (though any TB item is a treasure!). There are stories of bags being stolen or mauled (by machines or from getting run over) here on the Forums... unfortunate but it does sometimes happen.

Any chance it was just blown away by the wind? Maybe it's just caught under a bush somewhere nearby?

(And if TB is not reissuing the Shepherd's Cloth, you might be able to make your own, or someone might be willing to rehome theirs to you, or there might be some nice (non-TB) alternatives to the Shepherd's Cloth.)

Quote Originally Posted by setrombley View Post
    Today I had to wait outside for an appointment and as it was a damp day was pleased to have my purple Shepherd's Cloth to put on the park bench to sit on. Well, it did its job too well, because when it was time to go I walked off without it!

I console myself that, given the location, it's probably been picked up for use by someone who needs it a lot more than I do, but I was wondering if there are other tales of misplaced, forgotten, stolen TB stuff to make me feel slightly less stupid.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few months ago, I was walking across the parking lot of our local supermarket with my two large shop bags under one arm. When I got into the store I only had one. There was no sign of it anywhere nor had it been handed in. For several weeks after I would look for another shopper with an Island halcyon bag so I could scowl at them. But it seems to have vanished completely.

I've replaced the lost bag with a large Island halcyon ZSB and am being very careful with it.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X705F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac442 View Post
    A few months ago, I was walking across the parking lot of our local supermarket with my two large shop bags under one arm. When I got into the store I only had one. There was no sign of it anywhere nor had it been handed in. For several weeks after I would look for another shopper with an Island halcyon bag so I could scowl at them. But it seems to have vanished completely.

I've replaced the lost bag with a large Island halcyon ZSB and am being very careful with it.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X705F using Tapatalk
    Where are you that they allow you to use reuseable bags? In Virginia grocery stores won't touch a reusable bag due to COVID. Other states are following that lead.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    Where are you that they allow you to use reuseable bags? In Virginia grocery stores won't touch a reusable bag due to COVID. Other states are following that lead.
    I'm in the UK, near Cambridge. I imagine store staff pack your groceries for you (I liked that when I lived in Canada). We have to do it ourselves here.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave a TLSS to my friend at a holiday party. He put it aside and it never was found after that night!

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was getting close to pulling the trigger on a couple of Shepherds cloths for my wife and I, but now I see they're nearly sold out and down to one color which I don't fancy. I probably missed it, but will there be more at some point in the future? I don't see an in-stock notification feature for them either.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    I was getting close to pulling the trigger on a couple of Shepherds cloths for my wife and I, but now I see they're nearly sold out and down to one color which I don't fancy. I probably missed it, but will there be more at some point in the future? I don't see an in-stock notification feature for them either.
    They were originally a seasonal thing in the autumn/holiday period. The ocher was added a couple months ago, with either a new restock of some of the other colours or leftovers from last season. @Darcy said that they may or may not return.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    They were originally a seasonal thing in the autumn/holiday period. The ocher was added a couple months ago, with either a new restock of some of the other colours or leftovers from last season. @Darcy said that they may or may not return.
    Thanks for the update. For TB, they're probably a lot of effort for a small profit.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize it was gone until that evening. Given the location, no way it was still there.

I believe Darcy said these were the last of the cloths. Pity.