Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Pika made me a purse wearer

As a woman in her 6th decade, I have never found a purse I liked to carry and therefore pockets became my "purse". I have tried the cafe bag, the side kick, and the cubelet (a close second) and never found one that seemed right. Enter the Pika. This little thing carries just what I need my quick pandemic trips to the grocery store, post office etc. My car key is a fob and I find that I need to hook my key ring to the Pika strap with a carabiner instead of inside the bag. I use a small non bihn wallet and have room for lip balm, medicine container, pad, pen, and sanitizer. I use the outside pocket for my phone. I must say the interior lining of the bag does make items a bit harder to get out but also I feel confident that nothing will fall out either.
    Just wanted to give the Pika a little love.

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps I haven't had enough coffee yet today, as when I first read the title of this thread, the Far Side part of my brain created a cartoon involving a pika animal encouraging you to wear a purse, lol. @salted radish , glad you found the pandemic bag that works best for you. Smilie

The Pika made me a purse wearer-american-pika-3-jpg
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 10-27-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 65 and have carried a bag of some kind since I was 13 or 14. Various shoulders, slings, fannies, backpacks, valises, briefs. Landed on the man purse, without thinking about it much, 30 years ago. Current carry (for five or more years): Tom Bihn Café in small and medium. The small is barely too small and, of course, the medium is just slightly too large.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    Perhaps I haven't had enough coffee yet today, as when I first read the title of this thread, the Far Side part of my brain created a cartoon involving a pika animal encouraging you to wear a purse, lol.
    Ha! Just in case anyone hasn't heard the distinctive noise a pika makes....

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry, Darcy, but my view of the distinctive noise that a pika makes has been overridden by @NWhikergal ’s earlier post (I’ve embedded the video from the associated web site directly for easier viewing)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I am very excited about the different sizes of Trucks, as I keep a Truck in my car at all times, lol.

And in honor of the new P.I.K.A. pouch, I hope it is ok to share a silly video of the animal version with a bit of remix: https://mashable.com/video/pika-freddie-mercury-queen/

I have long been a fan of the elusive pikas that I get to see occasionally on hikes.
    Now, it’s true, that if you had asked me about this a few years ago, when I only had your link to “the best ringtone ever” (which turned out to be the cry of the Pika — only quoting this here since links go to the just for registered members forum post), I would have had a different impression.

moriond