Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing lasts forever ....

not even a TomBihn pouch ...

nothing lasts forever ....-bihnpouch-1-jpg

ordered a spare this time .....

>>> EDIT <<<<

This thing was destructively tested by carrying it in a pocket EVERY day for 2 1/2 years .... with coins in the bit that wore through ... ... it is the only urethane item that we have that has any obvious wear ... I was just kind of impressed that he managed to destroy a Tom Bihn thing ....
    Last edited by daisy; 11-02-2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: added important details!
    List under construction ....

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    Just curious, how long have you been using the other pouch? That would give newer forum members an idea of how durable the item really was!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the urethane covered under the lifetime warranty?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    Just curious, how long have you been using the other pouch? That would give newer forum members an idea of how durable the item really was!
    (I edited my post ... )

About 2 1/2 years - with coins in the worn compartment ... I have multiple other urethane items with no visible wear.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post

nothing lasts forever ....-bihnpouch-1-jpg

ordered a spare this time .....

>>> EDIT <<<<

This thing was destructively tested by carrying it in a pocket EVERY day for 2 1/2 years .... with coins in the bit that wore through ... ... it is the only urethane item that we have that has any obvious wear ... I was just kind of impressed that he managed to destroy a Tom Bihn thing ....
    I would email customer service at emailus@tombihn.com , they will definitely want to know about this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes! That's really unusual to see that kind of wear on clear urethane. Please do feel free @daisy to reach out to the crew at emailus@tombihn.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Is the urethane covered under the lifetime warranty?
    Yes! Our Lifetime Guarantee covers defects in materials or workmanship. This is a strange situation for sure (maybe we'll blame it on that recent blue moon?)
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Our Lifetime Guarantee covers defects in materials or workmanship. This is a strange situation for sure (maybe we'll blame it on that recent blue moon?)
    Perhaps our coins have something in them that urethane hates Smilie .. seriously - I consider this a hard use and wouldn't consider a warranty claim ...

In praise of these pouches ... Mr Daisy has a life-supporting medication he needs to take twice a day ... the pouch has been the only system that means he (a) always has them on him and (b) knows whether or not he's taken it by checking the pouch (he puts two in one side of it every morning at pocket load time).

The other side normally has his EarPods case - also apparently an essential carry.

The (probably only, and not worth it) upside of covid is that we have gotten more Danish in our money habits and we don't need to carry coins anymore ...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For comparaison information, I have carried coins in my All Fabric Cordura Organizer Pouches, ever since I got them.

Those all Cordura Pouches were from one of the first production of Organizer Pouches, after or in late 2006.

Not sure of the date, Moriond, the Forum historian would know. Smilie

My Pink Cordura Clear Organizer Pouches have carried my various phones since 2007.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    For comparaison information, I have carried coins in my All Fabric Cordura Organizer Pouches, ever since I got them.

Those all Cordura Pouches were from one of the first production of Organizer Pouches, after or in late 2006.

Not sure of the date, Moriond, the Forum historian would know. Smilie

My Pink Cordura Clear Organizer Pouches have carried my various phones since 2007.
    Pics please @backpack ... I'm not much of a pink person but I don't think I've seen that pink cordura
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Pics please @backpack ... I'm not much of a pink person but I don't think I've seen that pink cordura
    I remember finding a link to this before through the Rav forums while I was looking for info on Azalea (a gorgeous, deep jewel pink cordura fabric, which I wish they would bring back as Recycled 630).

Here is a discussion about it from 2014, featuring @moriond , @backpack , and @adalangdon :

https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...at-colour.html

... and if you click @adalangdon ’s linked text “Wow, noice”, it brings you to a Flickr page with a big pic of a Pink Swift!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/kate/2736192855/

Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I remember finding a link to this before through the Rav forums while I was looking for info on Azalea (a gorgeous, deep jewel pink cordura fabric, which I wish they would bring back as Recycled 630).
    Seconded, I loved Azalea (and Punch)! Would love to see either (or both, LOL) resurrected in one of the new fabrics.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too broke the clear window on the clear organizer pouch.

I carry a pouch as my wallet, with credit cards, a moleskin notebook, space pen, and sometimes, cash. It cracked one winter when it spent time with too many cards in it. I think it was the combination of exposure to extreme cold and that particular spot being stretched at about a 90-degree angle.

I too am not asking for a warranty claim on it--mine lasted almost a decade, far longer than any other wallet I've carried. My new pouch, in burnt orange, is one my wife was not using. I've had it two years and it's going strong.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much Cristina, for the pictures. Smilie

Pink and Storm first appeared exactly one year, after my beloved cat, was diagnosed with the illness, that took her from us.

So Pink and Storm have a very special place in my heart. I bought a bunch of the Pink Clear OPs' last batch.

Sometime later, I was in need of a sturdy item to carry my phone, at the time, the best option, for me, was one the Pink Clear OP, I hesitated because Pink was discontinued

Ever since, I have used the Pink Clear OP to carry my phone, I only forgot it at home, once.

It has carried 3 different phones, as a matter of fact, I skipped the phablet phase, so that my phone could fit in the Clear OP.

In the previous post, I mixed up the years, from the introduction of Pink and Storm to the first use of the Pink Clear OP as my phone holder.
    Last edited by backpack; 11-11-2020 at 10:06 PM.