Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Germany
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which color for the Shadow Guide?

I plan to buy a SG23, but I'm still undecided on the color. If you have bought or plan to buy a SG - which color did you pick and why? Right now I'm going back and forth and feel like I just can't decide.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like classic black can cross both lines, travel Which color for the Shadow Guide? and camping Which color for the Shadow Guide? could make it more versatile for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Germany
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I plan to mostly use it for EDC in an urban environment and travel. I have other backpacks (Deuter and Vaude) for hiking... I do like Ursa as a color, I'm using my Ursa MCB right now. I think the two toned bag looks more retro, which I like, but the all black is also pretty cool and maybe more urban?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going for the Ursa/Black simply to have something different/some contrast. I rarely choose anything that is all black.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Color preference is highly subjective, I would recommend just going with what you like the best. For me it was an easy decision because most of my other large TB bags are black. To my eye combining black and brown together almost always clashes. I received an Ursa ghost whale as a forum gift and itís a great color but I also donít think it goes particularly well with the grey they are using on the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Germany
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I'm going for the Ursa/Black simply to have something different/some contrast. I rarely choose anything that is all black.
    Yes, I also have very little which is all black... You’re right, the Ursa/Black might look a bit more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Color preference is highly subjective, I would recommend just going with what you like the best. For me it was an easy decision because most of my other large TB bags are black. To my eye combining black and brown together almost always clashes. I received an Ursa ghost whale as a forum gift and it’s a great color but I also don’t think it goes particularly well with the grey they are using on the interior. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s the problem, I can see myself using both and carrying both. They would work equally well in my wardrobe. I don’t think this brown and black clashes and I think the Cloud lining works out alright (looking at my Ursa MCB with the black strap and buckle and Cloud lining). Not the best pairing (would love to see Ursa/Dawn!), but I think it works because the brown is a cooler shade and Cloud has a green tint depending on the light. My other big TB bags are mostly colors (Steel, Aubergine, Navy, Dawn and some Original Halcyon).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m leaning towards the Ursa/Black; I like brown/black combos, I like the contrast, and I think it will be easier to spot from a distance in the sea of all black bags in my urban environment. I have some all-black bags already and have been choosing non-black colors for some, should I ever found myself at a baggage claim or trying to find my bag in a crowd.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The all black is sleek and fits in with many types of travel.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This probably won't be helpful but I went with Ursa because I swore off black bags after being required to carry them for many years (just left military service).

I did debate between the two, though, because I prefer cool colors rather than warm. I also plan to use the SG33 mainly for travel and black should be less susceptible to getting marked up. However, Ursa isn't a bad brown (it's very neutral and goes well with my wardrobe despite being a different color family) and again, I really hate black bags, so ultimately I landed on that.

Germany
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input, everyone. Right now I’m leaning towards black, but that might change again. Who knows. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) I really like Ursa brown, but the black might stand the test of time a bit better I think. I haven’t had an all black bag for a while, but I think the SG looks good in all black. I already loved the look of the original SG, but of course it was much too big for me. So maybe I should stick with the black.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds to me like there's really only one solution to your dilemma--get one of each! Wink

Germany
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    Sounds to me like there's really only one solution to your dilemma--get one of each! Wink
    Definitely not an option. Wink

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stuck with black for the SG33 I ordered. I was intrigued by the Ursa, but not enough to risk it. Plus, to my eyes, there's a difference between the 1050 black at the bottom of the bag and the 525 for the main compartment, so it could almost be two-tone depending on the light. However, if they made this bag in something like red or olive green (despite that negating the "shadow" part of the name), I'd be very tempted.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would look awesome in Deep Blue, but even gray would be good (and be in line with the name, as you say).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my SG33 in Ursa, and I love it. I think the Ursa contrasts very well with the black bottom, buckles, straps, zippers, and label.

That said, I'm not really into black bags, because I find them too severe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast