Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Wish List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post

Insulated lunch cooler container with optional shoulder strap sized for the center square of the Truck/Truckasana (which would also probably fit well in the backpacks).
    Seconded! I use a Size 3 TSS for lunch right now, but something insulated, structured, and designed for lunches would be great.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darknova306 View Post
    Seconded! I use a Size 3 TSS for lunch right now, but something insulated, structured, and designed for lunches would be great.
    Unfortunately I think it's a bit of pipe dream because the insulation would probably degrade faster than the exterior, so I doubt TB would go that route...there's a million inexpensive options on the market and then a big jump to Yeti type stuff...

But this is just a wish list, so I should be positive! Maybe Tom, Nik, and Darcy will be intrigued by the challenge Smilie
    ...as if running a small business - in a pandemic no less - wasn't challenging enough!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Hoping to see a PCSB-sized Side Kick in 2021. It would be the perfect companion bag-in-bag for the SG23 (or SG33) top pocket!
    Is it just me, or was anyone else surprised that the Design Lab Edition PCSB didnít include more internal pockets/organization?

The Side Kick was the first bag I ever bought from Tom Bihn, and, for a long time, my favorite. If they made one big enough to fit a water bottle, I wouldnít have moved onto the L15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Northern California
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see TB take a shot at a camera backpack.

I know they had the camera insert, but I was thinking of a full backpack system.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Wish List

ďBased on the DL edition of the PCSB with the zippers inside out and different so that they don't (potentially) affect the strap... I'd like to see the Side Kick & Daylight Briefcase revert back to those end attachment points - I think they're more flexible to use with the swivel carabiners.Ē

+1, @G42 .

I loved the DLBC until the attachment points changed, making it sit against my hip differently when carried crossbody.

It also made it more difficult to access the bag while wearing it, since the outermost attachment point winds up pulling the bag shut and against your body.

Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post
    Is it just me, or was anyone else surprised that the Design Lab Edition PCSB didn’t include more internal pockets/organization?

The Side Kick was the first bag I ever bought from Tom Bihn, and, for a long time, my favorite. If they made one big enough to fit a water bottle, I wouldn’t have moved onto the L15.
    It may not be the size you want, but I routinely carry a 16oz Nalgene in the Side Kick
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Wish List

It may not be the size you want, but I routinely carry a 16oz Nalgene in the Side Kick
    What does that look like, @G42 ?

Mainly, the two big items mine held were a point-and-shoot digital camera, and an iPad Mini.

Since the latter of those two items is essentially the same height and width of the bag, Iím not sure the added rigidity would leave much room for a water bottle?

I actually did lug around a 20-ounce bottle of Dasani, now that I think of it, inside my Side Kick while day hiking the Trail of Ten Falls in Oregon a few years back.

Itís do-able, I just wish it could hold a bottle and zip shut (especially if Iím carrying electronics).

Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does that look like,

Mainly, the two big items mine held were a point-and-shoot digital camera, and an iPad Mini.

Since the latter of those two items is essentially the same height and width of the bag, I’m not sure the added rigidity would leave much room for a water bottle?
    I don't have an iPad Mini, but i do routinely carry a Kindle Paperwhite in a case...

Here's a Cloud 525 ballistic SK with 16oz Nalgene, Kindle Paperwhite in case, and a Lumix DC-Zs70 in a hard shell case.

Front view
    2021 Wish List-pxl_20201203_041827658-jpeg

Top view
    2021 Wish List-pxl_20201203_041842340-jpeg

Items inside
    2021 Wish List-pxl_20201203_041903309-jpeg

There's not a ton of room for other things, but you could easily put a phone, small wallet, keys, and granola bar in there too. If I wanted to carry more than this or leave room to pick up small purchases - and still be a cross body/shoulder carry - I'd size up to the Daylight Briefcase.
    I have the Cloud because it's a lovely neutral and it was before Nebulous came out (which I like even better) but I have at least two other SKs in 400d halcyon which is more flexible and I prefer for the small bags, including the DLBC.

I'll keep beating this drum - I think the DLBC is highly underrated for how well it works as a cross body running around bag, especially in halcyon...it's the same size as the Medium Cafe Bag, just landscape vs portrait and it has zippers.
    Last edited by G42; 12-02-2020 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typo city

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an iPad Mini, but i do routinely carry a Kindle Paperwhite in a case...

Here's a Cloud 525 ballistic SK with 16oz Nalgene, Kindle Paperwhite in case, and a Lumix DC-Zs70 in a hard shell case.

Front view

Top view

Items inside

There's not a ton of room for other things, but you could easily put a phone, small wallet, keys, and granola bar in there too. If I wanted to carry more than this or leave room to pick up small purchases - and still be a cross body/shoulder carry - I'd size up to the Daylight Briefcase.
    I have the Cloud because it's a lovely neutral and it was before Nebulous came out (which I like even better) but I have at least two other SKs in 400d halcyon which is more flexible and I prefer for the small bags, including the DLBC.

I'll keep beating this drum - I think the DLBC is highly underrated for how well it works as a cross body running around bag, especially in halcyon...it's the same size as the Medium Cafe Bag, just landscape vs portrait and it has zippers.
    THANK. YOU.

Iím continually amazed at the ability forum members have for answering questions.
    @G42 , I was hoping for, at most, a picture including a water bottle but you went ahead and included both a digital camera (inside a case, just like I store my own) and a tablet.

The DLBC was a nice city bag. It could ride on your front side, within view, kept zippered shut (for security and from weather), and all the compartments save the front slash pocket could be accessed from the top (no flap in the way and kept everything upright and from falling out).

Yeah. Those new attachment points really did divorce me from one of my favorite bags.

Alright.

Letís make it a drum circle, @G42 .

Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is still waiting on TB to introduce a pink color to its lineup

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Return of the pen wrap! But with wider slots, and possibly with some sort of soft/plush lining material.

California
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss these too. You might want to take a look at Nock Co. Particularly their Brasstown and Coleman (it's hard to see, but it has pen slots inside).

California
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does that look like, @G42 ?

It depends on the size of your iPad Mini case, how big of a water bottle you want to carry, and your SK's material (mine is 525 ballistic).

I use Apple's Smart Cover (which only covers the front) on my Mini 5 (Mini's 1-3 are slightly thicker) along with one of my Tiger insulated water bottles. You should be able to fit larger sizes of disposable plastic bottles.

Here is the iPad in the back pocket.
    2021 Wish List-1-w800-jpg

The inside of my SK with the iPad mini zipped in the back pocket.
    2021 Wish List-3-w800-jpg

These are my insulated Tiger bottles. From left to right they hold 7oz, 7oz, 12oz, and 16oz. The largest measuring W2.6" x D2.8" x H8.6".
    2021 Wish List-2-w800-jpg

The two 7oz bottles fit upright in the pockets.
    2021 Wish List-6-w800-jpg
    2021 Wish List-7-w800-jpg

The 12 oz one fits upright outside of a pocket.
    2021 Wish List-5-w800-jpg

The 16oz one easily fits in the bottom but takes up most of the width and length of the SK, but you can put things on top of it.
    2021 Wish List-4-w800-jpg

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front view

Top view

Items inside

@G42 , I really like your Kindle Paperwhite case, can you share where you found it? My 17 year old is getting a new kindle this year and I’ve been looking for something unique.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstj315 View Post
    I really like your Kindle Paperwhite case, can you share where you found it? My 17 year old is getting a new kindle this year and I’ve been looking for something unique.
    It's an Amazon Kindle branded case and I think I bought it 2 or 3 Kindle's (ie, 7-8yrs) ago, so it's not available anymore as far as I can tell, sorry about that

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast