Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Wish List

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    It's an Amazon Kindle branded case and I think I bought it 2 or 3 Kindle's (ie, 7-8yrs) ago, so it's not available anymore as far as I can tell, sorry about that
    Thanks @G42 , I’ll do a google search to see what I can find. A Tom Binh case would be cool!

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstj315 View Post
    @G42 , I really like your Kindle Paperwhite case, can you share where you found it? My 17 year old is getting a new kindle this year and Iíve been looking for something unique.
    I can't tell for sure from the picture but it looks like a pretty straightforward/simple design. I think your best bet for finding something unique along those lines (like a sleeve or something) would be Etsy.

Just be careful if you go that route though, I've noticed a lot of mass-produced stuff being passed off as "handmade" because they'll take it and add your initials to it and stuff like that. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    I can't tell for sure from the picture but it looks like a pretty straightforward/simple design. I think your best bet for finding something unique along those lines (like a sleeve or something) would be Etsy.
    It's a straightforward design, but easier for mass manufacturing than individuals - lightly padded shaped foam inside; a woven appearance material on the outside, and a pleather/leather strap on one side. That strap is partly decorative but is designed as a hand strap so when you wrap your hand around the Kindle the strap keeps it snugged... I use that all the time when I travel alone for work...easy to carry when I bring the kindle into a restaurant to read during dinner.
    Last edited by G42; 12-04-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have officially blown my mind!

I am a longtime dedicated one bag traveler (A45 or SK22 depending on the trip) with a Sidekick as my flight bag. I'm also a dedicated iPad Mini user (hate the full-size version) as well as Kindle user. I've always used the large pocket in the main section for the iPad and one of the smaller pockets for my Kindle. Although I've never been truly happy with this setup I used it and never thought to use the outside pocket. Well, I just tried it and both fit perfectly into the outside pocket. This will free up the larger inner pocket for my Bose headphones and then the center section for various assorted small items like snacks, small notebook, hanky, etc. Btw, I prefer to have quicker access to my water bottle and have a carabiner fixed to the shoulder straps in my A45 and SN22. Works great for me.

I can't believe I never thought of this possibility.

Forum Member
    PNW
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd really like double organizer pouches that are all fabric (no clear material).

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post

Just be careful if you go that route though, I've noticed a lot of mass-produced stuff being passed off as "handmade" because they'll take it and add your initials to it and stuff like that. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)
    @Surrealle , while I have had positive experiences with some Etsy vendors, I appreciate your advice on the mass production of some things being touted as “handmade.” I think I may just stick to Amazon where it’s easier to deal with any potential issues/problems. ��

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may not have everything on your wish list, but I have a Handy Little Thing 1 attached to the handlebars of my one of my bikes, using two of the utility straps. Shorter straps would be more convenient, but I just used what I had available. The HLT2 would also fit, but I'm using mine for a factory bag right now.
    Attachment 25226
    Thanks for the suggestion! I have a HLT1, but couldn't make it work in a bag (though this might change now with the SG33). I never thought to use it on a bike -- very clever. Right now I'm using this and it works well, but I'd appreciate more room for days that I go on a longer ride and don't want to bring panniers.

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to see the Trinity unveiled. It's been a long time coming and it's going to be great to see it.

Also, my wish for 2021 is the same as it was in 2020-Ghost Whales in halcyon fabric. I'd love to have a Sitka or Solaris ghost whale, I think that'd be really cool.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only just became a Bihnion this year so I don’t know if it’s been done before, but I’d love love LOVE a bag with a zip-away divider. I have the Western Flyer and Brain Bag (well, 2 BBs actually) and I’m always wishing I could zip away the divider between the two main compartments to make one big compartment with those bags. I was super excited to see what I *thought* was that feature on the Aeronauts, but disappointed to realize the divder doesn’t zip away, it just moves from one position to another.

I’d also love a clamshell on the BB, but I realize at that point you’re getting close to Synik territory. I just really appreciate the other design aspects of the BB like the clip on the front and lack of a laptop compartment, which you don’t get with the Syniks. Plus the large vertical pockets are really nice.

Oh, and I know this is a departure from the TB aesthetic, but man I’d kill for some magnetic features/clips on the bags. And of course, the integrated strap management that I mentioned in the other thread (even if it’s just something simple like an elastic loop).
    Last edited by Surrealle; 12-06-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Seattle Teacher & Dad
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pvn View Post
    Return of the pen wrap! But with wider slots, and possibly with some sort of soft/plush lining material.
    Yes please!

Los Angeles, CA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S22 w/ black exterior, acuity interior! My partner asks me every morning if this combo is in production yet Big Grin
    Burnt Orange is love, Burnt Orange is life
    S22, Co-Pilot

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love...

- More solaris, and for nordic and zest to come back. I love all the bright, pretty halcyon colors.

- More bags in general, and more production runs of limited bags, to give people more chances to buy. I understand the Covid situation and the split workload (bags/ masks) is making it difficult to produce enough bags. I also know that there were several bags that I wanted to get this year, that were sold out too quickly for me to get one, or not in stock for months.

- A return of the Smart Alec, possibly updated with a back frame and the new shoulder straps. My dream SA would have a grey or navy exterior, and a solaris interior. My other dream SA would be a Guides edition (like a smaller guides pack, but with a bit more organization and external attachment points than the shadow guides).

- More Guides Edition bags. Also, Guides edition bags with ursa, nebulous grey, navy, or black for the trim instead of (or in addition to) coyote. I love the duel colorway and the extra attachment points, but would like some more subtle options.

- a larger sidekick, that could fit the ipad air (with thin sleeve or case). The cafe bags are great, but I need zippers.

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen to your fans!

-

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Also, my wish for 2021 is the same as it was in 2020-Ghost Whales in halcyon fabric. I'd love to have a Sitka or Solaris ghost whale, I think that'd be really cool.
    +1 for Halcyon Ghost Whales, in Acuity!

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be great if Solaris could stay longer...and I'd love Zest or an even more saturated orange to make an appearance. Also a true lime green halcyon and a watermelon halcyon. I want a citrus salad of halcyons....
    Watermelon and lime Heart Eyes

Monarch was beautiful too. It was saturated and rich and I didn't buy enough pieces in it. The photos didn't do it justice. I hope there will be room in the line-up for bright colors this summer.

I really liked the ballistic fabrics in brighter colors too. Grass, viridian, mars red, alphaviolet. The solid colors give bags a different vibe which I really like. (ok mars red isn't bright but it's so rich. I'd have caved and bought a truckasna in that. Because I need _another_ knitting bag? Big Grin )

eta: Since this is a wish list, I wish for yeoman in mars red.
    Last edited by twosandalz; 12-06-2020 at 09:21 PM. Reason: clarity

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCSB v.3 with interior pockets similar to the Side Kick.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast