Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Wish List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My usual request each year is a pilot in the color scheme of the founders briefcase, or a slightly larger pilot. Maybe both will be covered by the smaller Trinity, hopefully.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I would love to see Fjord return!
    Me as well. I'm very fussy with my blues and when I find one I like I need to remember to stock up : )

Germany
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KarlieBoe I agree. Island is too bright for my taste. When Fjord was around I was a poor student, so I wasn’t able to buy anything besides a Travel Tray. I would love another chance to get something in this lovely color.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlieBoe View Post
    Me as well. I'm very fussy with my blues and when I find one I like I need to remember to stock up : )
    Welcome to the Forums @KarlieBoe !

Fjord is definitely a lovely blue
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @KarlieBoe - fiord is my favorite too! Here’s hoping we get another chance to see it in 2021

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just discovered that the DLPCSB fits my Galaxy tab S7+ perfectly. It has O rings in the main area too!

For 2021 I wish Tom Bihn created an upscale Side Kick at the PCSB size, with organizational pockets and a bit of padding on the back side and bottom.....

Pretty please Tom?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought of something else--I'd kill for a gatekeeper clip design that's easier to open (and to a lesser extent, close). There's been many instances when I want to add or remove something (a waist strap, internal compression strap, or I want to hang my HLT from a couple clips inside my bag) but I don't because the gatekeepers are so fiddly to open.

If TB could come up with a design that's easier to operate, that would be amazing and enhance my usability of these bags by quite a bit!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *** 1st/2nd Aid Kits in another fabric. A basic version of the HLT from a current production run design. HLT's too "busy" for me and my uses but 1st aid pouch design could fit better than 3DOC.

*** Retirement bags made with double run of basic color so available longer for those looking for function over fashion of many colors

*** Annual dates for debuts and unretirement runs. It is a lot of work watching every little nook and cranny of the TBsphere when and where sometime might happen

*** Basic Economy Aeronaut (yeoman like, detachable backpack straps, simple bag dimensioned for airline carry-on specs) Lower price point aeronaut

*** XXS shipping boxes to fit 8.5x11 paper for reusability after shipment purpose fulfilled. Current XXS box a wee bit too small

*** Vertical small COP - for phone, passport, docs, etc.

*** Clear Ghost Whale Pouch

*** Clamshell 3DOC sized packing cube. Extra separation in other cubes but more so ability to be a little packing cube of emergency or overnight clothes in other bags of laptop bags.

*** Leaf Pouchkin with solid fabric replacing mesh for currency use or unfolded bill wallet

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see:
    1) large organizer pouches in halcyon
    2) An L12 and L15 in halcyon-preferably Sitka!
    3) a return of Zest and Monarch ....and Fjord (if I can be greedy) in pouches, shop bags, travel trays and stuff sacks

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently purchased a ultraviolet HLT1 & black HLT2 and find my self carrying the HTL1 everywhere. It's definitely handy and I love the ultraviolet color. On some occasions, I want to take my A5 notebook along but of course it won't fit in that small pouch. If only there was a HTL in ultraviolet large enough for my A5 sized Lihit Lab Twist Ring Notebook. I suppose such an item would really just be another field journal without the binder rings.

I'm considering a Side Kick but it doesn't come in Halcyon ultraviolet.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstj315 View Post
    I would love to see:
    1) large organizer pouches in halcyon
    2) An L12 and L15 in halcyon-preferably Sitka!
    3) a return of Zest and Monarch ....and Fjord (if I can be greedy) in pouches, shop bags, travel trays and stuff sacks
    An L12 in halcyon would be awesome.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m_cycle View Post
    I recently purchased a ultraviolet HLT1 & black HLT2 and find my self carrying the HTL1 everywhere. It's definitely handy and I love the ultraviolet color. On some occasions, I want to take my A5 notebook along but of course it won't fit in that small pouch. If only there was a HTL in ultraviolet large enough for my A5 sized Lihit Lab Twist Ring Notebook. I suppose such an item would really just be another field journal without the binder rings.

I'm considering a Side Kick but it doesn't come in Halcyon ultraviolet.
    I wonder if someone who has the Spiff Kit, Deluxe can check if an A5 notebook fits inside.

Spiff Kit, Deluxe:
    External Dimensions:
    9.4” (w) x 7.9” (h) x 2.6” (d) / 240 (w) x 200 (h) x 65 (d) mm

Weight:
    200 Halcyon: 8.5 oz / 240 grams
    210 Ballistic: 9.4 oz / 266 grams

Volume:
    225 cubic inches / 3.7 liters
    Last edited by backpack; 12-30-2020 at 06:30 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I wonder if someone who has the Spiff Kit, Deluxe can check if an A5 notebook fits inside.

Should fit...this Moleskin is a bit taller and narrower than A5, but you can see that there is room.

2021 Wish List-pxl_20201230_171427472-jpeg
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an A5 notebook but do have a couple A5 Ghost Whales. A5 Ghost Whale loaded with Ipad Mini in a case and various pens and small notepads usually stored in GW fits just fine in my Halcyon Deluxe Spiff Kit. Didn't even have to take the plastic storage jars out of the D Spiff Kit.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duffles all day every day
    Sidekick | Founder's Briefcase ■

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast