Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Wish List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep Dawn around as much as possible, bring back the original V1 mask, a revival of the original Citizen Canine (it can be a tiny bit bigger for newer smartphones) so I can buy them as gifts for every neighbor who envies my first-run used-every-day-since-November-2011 bag, Deluxe Spiff Kit run please?, and magically let me be free at a debut time (I have not been able to get anything for YEARS on limited releases).

Oh, and could the blog have features on the office/company dogs?

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like removable shoulder straps on the Cafe bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Unfortunately I think it's a bit of pipe dream because the insulation would probably degrade faster than the exterior, so I doubt TB would go that route...there's a million inexpensive options on the market and then a big jump to Yeti type stuff...
    A quick google search says Poron has insulating properties so a fabric on inventory exists (like in the handles as padding of Shop Bags, Trucks, and others)

My wish would be an insulated shop bag. Through the pandemic I have bought and used some of the cheap insulated ones from the food coop. I wish for TB quality of an insulated bag. Not asking to keep a ice cube frozen in the desert for a week, just something that holds temp within 5 degrees for a half to full hour. Alternately enough insulation that temperature in the bag is moderated from exterior when used for picnics. Fingers crossed their is something for picnic season 2021. Perhaps if Nik worked on it, it would be called "The PicNik Truck"

France
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    My wish would be an insulated shop bag. Through the pandemic I have bought and used some of the cheap insulated ones from the food coop. I wish for TB quality of an insulated bag. Not asking to keep a ice cube frozen in the desert for a week, just something that holds temp within 5 degrees for a half to full hour. Alternately enough insulation that temperature in the bag is moderated from exterior when used for picnics. Fingers crossed their is something for picnic season 2021. Perhaps if Nik worked on it, it would be called "The PicNik Truck"
    I like the suggestion. Such an insulated bag would be an instant purchase - probably a few, especially if in a couple of sizes. Agreed need would only be for limited insulation for picnics or a delayed return from a shopping trip.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    A quick google search says Poron has insulating properties so a fabric on inventory exists (like in the handles as padding of Shop Bags, Trucks, and others)

just for the name alone!!

Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like an A6 sized Ghost Whale, it would be perfect for things like Field Notes notebooks and a pen or two, my passport, and other similar items. I know there are other things which hold these, but something more akin to the size/shape of my daily carry notebooks would be lovely!
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Cafť Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Iím not travelling far at the moment Iím finding myself wanting a small sling kind of bag. Iíd love to see a Tom Bihn take on a sling/Fanny pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkatri View Post
    As I’m not travelling far at the moment I’m finding myself wanting a small sling kind of bag. I’d love to see a Tom Bihn take on a sling/Fanny pack.
    @Darcy has said that there is some sort of sling bag in the works, but no details or timing has been announced
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like the Luminaries in the three exterior halcyons (original, black, taiga.) Especially the Luminary 12.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know structurally it wouldnít stand up, which is probably why its only in 525 or 630 fabric, but an Icon in halcyon is definitely on my wishlist. I tried the black icon with rainbow zips and it just wasnít pliable enough like halcyon is. Not picky about color, (tho ultraviolet would rock!) just maybe black halcyon exterior like how there is usually at least one color way of all halcyon for the cafe bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would still like to see a bag that works for an in-seat travel bag. The travel cubelet, side effect, and HLT1 are so close -- but not quite perfect.

For me, it would be a thoughtful way to hold:
    - kindle (all sizes!) or ipad mini
    - phone
    - earphones or buds
    - pen
    - small flashlight
    - passport
    - medication
    - lip balm

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuplarosa View Post
    I would still like to see a bag that works for an in-seat travel bag. The travel cubelet, side effect, and HLT1 are so close -- but not quite perfect.

- phone
    - earphones or buds
    - pen
    - small flashlight
    - passport
    - medication
    - lip balm

How is the SideKick not the answer to this? It's exactly what I use mine for. It's my in-flight/seat bag that carries all of the above several small snacks. Sometimes I'll bring my Co-Pilot instead if I want a touch more space and not be bothered with hand carrying a water bottle.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logella View Post
    How is the SideKick not the answer to this? It's exactly what I use mine for. It's my in-flight/seat bag that carries all of the above several small snacks. Sometimes I'll bring my Co-Pilot instead if I want a touch more space and not be bothered with hand carrying a water bottle.
    Me too. If I also need to carry a larger item or two (like a jacket) I have used my Side Kick inside a Pop Tote.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- phone
    - earphones or buds
    - pen
    - small flashlight
    - passport
    - medication
    - lip balm
    Besides the Side Kick as mentioned, the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag and Daylight Briefcase are used for this too.
    The change previously from side strap attachments to offset front/back attachments on several bags made it more awkward to use swivel carabiners on some bags, but note that the Design Lab editions of the PCSB have the end attachments again.

France
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- phone
    - earphones or buds
    - pen
    - small flashlight
    - passport
    - medication
    - lip balm
    Sidekick for me meets such requirements.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast